News: BR: NFL Agent Rips Cowboys' Jerry Jones: 'He's a Narcissist . He Plays GM Like a Fan'

kskboys

Reaction score
If Jerry is perceived as a true narcissist well then he is not very good at it because he cares about more than just himself. He cares about players, coaches and his family. The Cowboys organization is one of the most giving to charities in the NFL. He also influenced the NFL into establishing and sharing more revenue streams for all football teams, particularly those anchored in smaller markets. Jerry isn't a narcissist or control freak just because he is comfortable in the limelight and doesn't shy away from expressing his opinions. He is and always has been a promoter. He reminds me of those actors that are either past their prime or are seen in too many movies. Overexposure.

Unlike a number of owners in the NFL Jerry does have football experience and was a star offensive guard at the University of Arkansas. That didn't guarantee he would become a great GM and surely that has been case because he is far too subjective and too much of a risk taker. But in all fairness Stephen Jones is very much involved in the decision making along with other key scouting and coaching staff. I think it is unfair that when things are rolling right with the team he hardly gets praised but when things go wrong he gets most of the blame with some posters in here.

I don't feel sorry for always overconfident Jerry because it is quite obvious that he has been quite resilient to internal and external criticism. The great financial value and condition of the team, the one in a kind stadium, sports complex and training facilities are a great in your face, NFL and media. And if he is such a narcissist where are the statues of him around the stadium and sports complex?
Resilient = stubborn to the point of foolish.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes, Jerry would rather lose than not be the GM.
thats just ignorant., pretty dumb statement if you ever hear the man take he nearly came to tears during TC opening statements.. hiring bunch of gms and firing them grantees nothing more then what we have seen, you can not say it would have..

and not true the man wants to win and he has the title anytime he wants it but we all know Mcclay and others are a Board of GMS, jerry hasnt been the gm for sometime..just likes the title..

only fans who hate Jones and his family make these invalid and unsubstantiated claims that jerrys the gm and some monarch making every decision..lmao..

its built lie all other corporations just because its family owned doesn't mean its not structured and delegated with far too many employees to count..they all have job and sure the owner has final say and vetoes but i haven't heard one story the last 5-10 yesars that says Jerry has forced decision on coach or his actual team of decision makers..not one tangible provable story..

its all narratives from fans who frankly hate anything the jones family does..

morat1959

Reaction score
thats just ignorant., pretty dumb statement if you ever hear the man take he nearly came to tears during TC opening statements.. hiring bunch of gms and firing them grantees nothing more then what we have seen, you can not say it would have..

and not true the man wants to win and he has the title anytime he wants it but we all know Mcclay and others are a Board of GMS, jerry hasnt been the gm for sometime..just likes the title..

only fans who hate Jones and his family make these invalid and unsubstantiated claims that jerrys the gm and some monarch making every decision..lmao..

its built lie all other corporations just because its family owned doesn't mean its not structured and delegated with far too many employees to count..they all have job and sure the owner has final say and vetoes but i haven't heard one story the last 5-10 yesars that says Jerry has forced decision on coach or his actual team of decision makers..not one tangible provable story..

Is that you Jerry?

kskboys

Reaction score

Gawd you typed in an incredibly dumb post. Did you even think before you typed?

There, happy w/ the insult game? Ick.

I have facts to back up my statement. Jerry openly admitted he'd have been fired as a GM for any other team. Soooooo, Jerry has a bad GM, but refuses to fire him. This absolutely proves the point that winning is not at the top of his game.

Seriously, think before you type.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Gawd you typed in an incredibly dumb post. Did you even think before you typed?

There, happy w/ the insult game? Ick.

I have facts to back up my statement. Jerry openly admitted he'd have been fired as a GM for any other team. Soooooo, Jerry has a bad GM, but refuses to fire him. This absolutely proves the point that winning is not at the top of his game.

Seriously, think before you type.
again hes not the GM he in title part of the gm process but no longer the active gm..again ridiculously ignorant post and ill stomp all over them everytime..its bad old stale narrative like many others..got it..not insulting when its true..i ditn insult you anymore then you insult Jones family so that is ok?

facts are last 10 years jerry not the gm and yes he was god awful from 99-2004 and things starting changing and have in fact gotton better top five drafting still very much relative team in w-l records.i get the playoff and championship droughts are hard to swallow but at he got us 3 over 30 years even if they were all 25+ years ago they all count..

sorry but philly has one that took 60years and KC had 50 year drought, reid took his whole career to get one and 15 years between his last until he got mahomes this is league wide no matter how many coaches and gms you get, it is tough to win championships.

get over the fact you are wrong jerry not the actual fulltime all encompassing gm and its not been for long time..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
again hes not the GM he in title part of the gm process but no longer the active gm..again ridiculously ignorant post and ill stomp all over them everytime..its bad old stale narrative like many others..got it..not insulting when its true..i ditn insult you anymore then you insult Jones family so that is ok?

facts are last 10 years jerry not the gm and yes he was god awful from 99-2004 and things starting changing and have in fact gotton better top five drafting still very much relative team in w-l records.i get the playoff and championship droughts are hard to swallow but at he got us 3 over 30 years even if they were all 25+ years ago they all count..

sorry but philly has one that took 60years and KC had 50 year drought, reid took his whole career to get one and 15 years between his last until he got mahomes this is league wide no matter how many coaches and gms you get, it is tough to win championships.

get over the fact you are wrong jerry not the actual fulltime all encompassing gm and its not been for long time..
Please provide the facts and or link where Jethro is no longer the GM .

You might believe he’s only the GM in name but that doesn’t make it true. Is he taking better advice? Possibly. But he’s always taken advice. And he’s never been like a full time GM. Remember Parcells said” you have to convince him to go against his instincts”.

And it doesn’t matter what level as in full or part time. He’s still the GM. He’s had every opportunity to pass the baton to his son. I’d welcome any documentation you have that he’s no longer the GM.