News: BR: Report: Dak Prescott's Cowboys Future Questioned Without Team-Friendly Contract

NotForLong

Reaction score
Good for Dak, he’ll be just fine. No reason why his teammates should be overpaid for playing hard ball while he’s done everything right and Jerrah doesn’t want to reward him like the others that bent this team over.

Pleese spare the “selfish” spiel. A lot of the same peeple who are calling him selfish now and say hees holding the team back were the same ones supporting zeke when he didn’t even honor his original contract and said “can’t blame him four getting all he can, he could get hurt next year”.

Since Dak didn’t the deal a lot of you act personally offended and some are happy that we could move on to a new QB next year. Better be careful what you ask for, replacing even an average to slightly above average QB isn’t nearly as easy as some of you make it seem, especially when trying to draft won.
But . . . but . . . Zeke is good. . . . Dak is MEH

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Could be dicey if the price climbs too much. Watson could reset the market again before we can negotiate.

Im gonna try to put it out of my head until the season is over though.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I disagree. I see two bad guys here. Both screwed up. Dak looks bad and Jerry looks bad.
But the future looks bright.

I am not trolling. I truly believe it.

I feel Dak is limited. I have yet to see him improve in those weaknesses. So at this point I feel he is who he is. That just happens to be a dime a dozen.

If you rank a QB as top 10 then in reality you could drop him down to 20. At that point its about preference

He is replaceable. The Cowboys are working miracles with the Contracts. We have a ton of talent and only lost Byron over the last couple of years. We are in good shape.

Now there's a new phenomena of talented vetrens becoming available at reasonable prices. Because the NFL is playing a spread it out Shotgun Offense. This offense will allow a QB worth his weight in salt to succeed.

The Future is bright

aria

Reaction score
But . . . but . . . Zeke is good. . . . Dak is MEH
Just because he’s good doesn’t mean it was worth paying a RB that much money, especially caving when he had two years left on his contract. About the only guy I agree with paying that much is McCaffrey because he is responsible fore so many all purpose yards and is a RB and receever all in one, he is truly unique.

I’ll scoff at the Giants when and/if they pay Barkley as well. Henry got a contract today not as much as zeke and he’ll be more than adequate to win games with, he was also a 2nd round pick not 4th overall.

People bring up zeke’s total yards all the time, Dak has a lot of pretty stats two. Dak hasn’t done well against most better teems, neither has zeke. Dak allegedly only benefits because he has a great O line and receevers, so does zeke.

Reaction score
easy to say right now, and I don’t blame you.
I kind of been feeling the same way, but even before today, was leaning that way, as I said all along, let him play on the tag, and see what happens. But would have been fine with a 4 or 5 year deal.

However, How anyone feels now, I understand, but for me I will wait and see how the season plays out.
But I have a feeling we will be at this point next season as well.

This works out best for Dallas IMO, it gives the new head coach an opportunity to work with Dak and see if he believes Dak is "the guy". If not then then Dalton is available to sign an appropriately sized contract.

Unfortunately this will become yet another mediot topic that will make watching sports news unbearable this year. This might be the year the NFL jumps the shark.

kumizi

Reaction score
I dont even know how to feel.

I dont think the Cowboys will ever come close to a Super Bowl with Dak getting paid elite QB money. But I dont have the energy to start with some unknown rookie QB. We're ****ed either way.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Just because he’s good doesn’t mean it was worth paying a RB that much money, especially caving when he had two years left on his contract. About the only guy I agree with paying that much is McCaffrey because he is responsible fore so many all purpose yards and is a RB and receever all in one, he is truly unique.

I’ll scoff at the Giants when and/if they pay Barkley as well. Henry got a contract today not as much as zeke and he’ll be more than adequate to win games with, he was also a 2nd round pick not 4th overall.

People bring up zeke’s total yards all the time, Dak has a lot of pretty stats two. Dak hasn’t done well against most better teems, neither has zeke. Dak allegedly only benefits because he has a great O line and receevers, so does zeke.
Zeke will be fine once Dalton becomes QB and starts throwing darts all over the field. I pity the safety of opposing defenses

Zeke is gonna feast playing with Dalton. It will be like the fountain of youth.

You are gonna be pleasantly surprise

aria

Reaction score
Zeke will be fine once Dalton becomes QB and starts throwing darts all over the field. I pity the safety of opposing defenses

Zeke is gonna feast playing with Dalton. It will be like the fountain of youth.

You are gonna be pleasantly surprise
Lol, ok, put the pipe down.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I look at it like this. A neighbor has a hay field he wants baled. I want 1500 to do it. He can only pay 1000 and have enough money to fund other needs. If I feel my labor is worth more, I walk away. He's not a bad guy and neither am I.

Then why didnt he have that approach with Lawrence, Cooper, Zeke?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It hardly does. If MM wanted prescott as the future building block a deal would have got done. They already offered him elite tier money. Think they both realized Dak is only interested in a pay day at this point

It definitely does. You dont offer a guy 5 years for 35 million if you dont want him or think he is the building block. Dak wanted less years which is less of a commitment. That completely disproves it.

cern

Reaction score
Cowboys continue to be horribly mismanaged on these contract negotiations. We had ample time to get a deal done. And will only cost us more next year.

usatsi_5770866.jpg

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...ried-last-minute-long-term-dak-prescott-deal/
You sound like a ruminant. On its second feeding.

12+88=7

Reaction score
I have been saying this for too long now. You needed to look at the actions of individuals and not the words.

Dallas never believed Prescott was a franchise QB. If they had believed that, they would have signed him to a long term deal last year, before Elliott and Cooper. That's when their action revealed themselves.

The last year you kept hearing how Prescott was the guy and so many other lies, but a deal didn't happen. Now finally after the deadline comes and nothing. That inaction was the final word and spoke the loudest.

The team will now use the next year to start the search for the QB of the future. And if they have to the team can tag Prescott in 2021 giving them two years in that search. A lot can happen in a year or two.