Twitter: Bradlee Anae 3 Snaps, Highest Rated Defender PFF

Aven8

Reaction score
He was a first team AA and arguably the best defensive player in a power 5 conference. He owns the all-time sack record at Utah (a program which has put out a ton of NFL caliber DL over the last 20 years).

I’ll be surprised if he isn’t a good NFL DL and frankly can’t believe he fellas far as he did. All American DL hardly ever fall like that.

Those measurable’s again.....:rolleyes:

Zach Thomas and Terrell Suggs also had those poor measurable’s too. How did they turn out?

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
He was essentially astounding in the Senior Bowl. I'm ecstatic that he's doing well with his limited snaps. I hope it continues enough to where Dallas can get a decent ROI.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
I would trade “Freakish” LVE and Jaylon for two more like Joe Thomas. He’s of that rare heat-seeking mold of Sean Lee. I don’t know how well he’s going to be in carrying coverage, but I missed the days of having players just make the tackles on runners. As much as Barry Church and Hitchens were questionable/limited in pass coverage, they were tackling gurus that gave no slack. I miss the days of routine tacklers. Now, we have a lot of flash or fail tackling LBs and SS. Their first priority: tackling. Second priority: tackling. 3rd priority: Coverage.

As for Anae? From afar, he seems like a highly-confident, productive kid that could be something in this league. That’s a statement made 50-60 times after each draft class. Maybe we hit gold. I’m definitely rooting for kids like him who are the scout’s worst enemy if they’re proven wrong..

Last edited:

mmohican29

Reaction score
on another note Thomas showed Jaylon and LVE how a lber is supposed to read, pursue and stuff the ball carrier for a loss.

I doubt Jaylon learned anything. He's in his 3rd season and has the same issues on healthier legs.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He was a first team AA and arguably the best defensive player in a power 5 conference. He owns the all-time sack record at Utah (a program which has put out a ton of NFL caliber DL over the last 20 years).

I’ll be surprised if he isn’t a good NFL DL and frankly can’t believe he fellas far as he did. All American DL hardly ever fall like that.

The classic overvaluing of “measurables” versus take and production that continues to happen around the league despite all the evidence that it’s a dangerous game to play.

SSoup

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Anae pick but that is silly.
The hilarious extrapolation of a sample size of only a few plays is definitely silly. But it also contains something perhaps just as silly. I mean, I rolled my eyes very hard as soon as I read that "he nearly got a quarterback pressure."

I'm all for counting hurries or pressures since those "almost sacks" have value as pressuring a QB rushes them and tends to disrupt the offense and put a guy to a decision before he's ready (something that is responsible for most bad plays QBs make).

But now we're counting "almost pressures"? I don't even know how someone types that out without realizing that they're saying something that means nothing.