Brady Quinn - Anthony Spencer

rcaldw

Reaction score
In 2007 I wanted Dallas to take Brady Quinn when he fell as far as he did. Instead, Dallas selected Anthony Spencer. Sure would have been nice to have had Quinn these last 3 games. It would also be nice to have a backup QB who could actually have a future for us.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And what do you do with Quinn, when Romo is healthy?

Using a 1st rounder on a backup QB isn't too smart.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
not with the money we would have had to pay him.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Really? It'd been nice to have someone for only 3 games, rather than have our future set at both OLB positions?

I'd say that would be miserable. Not to mention Felix Jones.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
rcaldw;2407171 said:
In 2007 I wanted Dallas to take Brady Quinn when he fell as far as he did. Instead, Dallas selected Anthony Spencer. Sure would have been nice to have had Quinn these last 3 games. It would also be nice to have a backup QB who could actually have a future for us.

I don't think we take him even if we keep the pick.

silver

Reaction score
rcaldw;2407171 said:

Considering it took us 6 years to replace Aikman, we wont find Romo's eventual succesor until somewhere in the 2020's

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
rcaldw;2407171 said:

I'm not sure yet....All Quinn did was dink and dunk all day against a truly putrid defense...Thats all I'm saying.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Spencer is/going to be a great player......

I would trade Carp for him......

Quinn is no ROMO

rcaldw

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2407189 said:
Spencer is/going to be a great player......

I would trade Carp for him......

Quinn is no ROMO

Romo is no Romo these days. Right now Tony Romo is Danny White. I'm hoping that Romo turns out to be Staubach/Aikman. I say it never hurts to hedge your bets. Spencer might turn out to be great. He has 9 tackles this year. I wouldn't have minded seeing Quinn on this team. When Romo is healthy he (Quinn) would have sat while he matured. He is 4 years younger than Romo. If Tony goes on to do what we think he can, then you trade Quinn. If Romo didn't, then they compete.

Either way, water under the bridge, it ain't happening.

Plus, we have Bollinger. :rolleyes:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rcaldw;2407171 said:

You don't draft a back-up QB in the first round, especially one that sucks.

rcaldw

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2407213 said:
Spencer AND Felix >>>>>>>>>>>> Quinn as backup QB

Ah good point. Did Felix come to us through that deal? If so, then I retract my wish. :)

rcaldw

Reaction score
Sarge;2407212 said:

Tell Jimmy Johnson that. He took Aikman and Walsh. And Walsh did indeed suck. Quinn doesn't, no matter what anyone wants to say. That kid is going to be a good player. But even if he went the way of Steve Walsh, that didn't work out too badly for us. THANK YOU NEW ORLEANS SAINTS.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
rcaldw;2407171 said:

That is why you're a fan and not helping run a football team. Picking back up QBs in the first round, unless your starter is no more than a year or two away from needing replacing (Like the Packers with Rodgers) is absolutely stupid.

numnuts23;2407176 said:
And what do you do with Quinn, when Romo is healthy?

Using a 1st rounder on a backup QB isn't too smart.

Exactly.

rcaldw;2407227 said:
Ah good point. Did Felix come to us through that deal? If so, then I retract my wish. :)

Yes he did. So essentially your thought process would have cost us Spencer, who I believe will be a starter for years to come on the otherside of Ware, and Felix Jones just so we could have a backup QB play 3 games for us this season.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Bonecrusher#31;2407182 said:
I'm not sure yet....All Quinn did was dink and dunk all day against a truly putrid defense...Thats all I'm saying.

Quinn played great. Dink and dunk my ***. The kid made plays all over the field, even under great pressure. Threw the ten yard out on a rope.

That was truly one of the best performances I have ever seen out of an NFL QB in his first start. He would have won the game if it wasn't for three big mistakes by Winslow.

rcaldw

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2407240 said:
That is why you're a fan and not helping run a football team. Picking back up QBs in the first round, unless your starter is no more than a year or two away from needing replacing (Like the Packers with Rodgers) is absolutely stupid.

Exactly.

Yes he did. So essentially your thought process would have cost us Spencer, who I believe will be a starter for years to come on the otherside of Ware, and Felix Jones just so we could have a backup QB play 3 games for us this season.

Ah, slow down there BraveofHeart. I was just musing about the value of Quinn versus the value of Spencer. I had forgotten that we got more in the deal at #22. So, it isn't like I was sitting there on draft day, and THAT is the decision I would have made, to have jettisoned multiple picks to take Quinn.

And, yes, I still think that Quinn will end up having more NFL value than Spencer, so if it was a 1-1 comparison, I would still take Quinn over him.

And in terms of the braintrust that IS the Dallas Cowboys "leadership team", I'll take me and about 10 others off this board and I'll bet you we couldn't do much worse than what Jerry has done since 1993 when he has been on his own.

No playoff wins since 1996, and without Jimmy Johnson and the 2 year residual that followed him, and without Bill Parcells the GM, Jerry Jones has produced NOTHING.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Sarge;2407212 said:

Looked pretty good last night for one that "sucks".