Brandon Knight 8th highest pass block win rate as a tackle

Mr_437

Reaction score
Broaddus was saying he is a better guard than Tackle,they listed him as backup guard for the 1st game.
I thought so too when he was picked up. I didn't see him being athletic enough to stay with speed rusher, but he has done a solid job to this point... kudos to Knight.

I wouldn't move Knight back to OG now, but maybe later depending on injuries. Moving forward if he's good enough to be an option at either position is a +++ for this OL.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure if this was posted already if so please remove...

He did a commendable job but they game planned around the OTs.

He had a lot of help from TEs & Zeke.

They often helped 1 OT and rolled Dak away from the other one or several times they would draw in an outside pass rusher and complete a short pass over him.

Brilliant coaching to scheme around 2 OTs when Garrett couldn't scheme around 1.

I reviewed all of Knight's snaps and some of Steele's snaps.

I need to watch all of Steele's snaps but it seemed as if they gave Knight more help than Steele (probably because Knight was a LT).

cowboyec

Reaction score
heck yeah.
good on him.
kid is fightn' his *** off...doin' a helluva work.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Win rate vs ..whom ? .....When ATL end Dante Fowler was out of the game ?
But i am glad Knight did what he did regardless of who was across the line from him...

But i'm already dreading the Cleveland game ..whereas Browns will likely be flip flopping Myles Garrett from one end or another ..Yikes !!! ....:eek:
most likely have LC and TS back playing together..crossing fingers but if Burrows and that CInci OL can hang point on them so can we..

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting.
Broaddus was saying he is a better guard than Tackle,they listed him as backup guard for the 1st game.

Never believe Broaddus.

Those depth charts are meaningless they way they structure them.

For example, if they have backup OGs, they'll list one at RG and one at LG but in reality one is the top backup one either side and the other one is behind him.

They had a backup OT and backup OC for the Rams game. If they listed Knight at OG, it was because they didn't have anybody listed as the backup OG; although, Biadasz played OG when a starter missed a snap.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Knight is in some really good company for the moment. Good to see Dallas may have one dependable OT.

Which again brings up the question: why did Steele start over Knight week one?

I'm not digging the new oline coach.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
When everyone is healthy he need to be the starting left guard. He needs to be playing. Make Conner Williams the backup swing tackle.

Lots of options at LG if Williams doesn't improve. Right now, Knight is the obvious choice, but he was the obvious choice to start over Steele too.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Hmmm well im not sure why then....

Now that they've both played, and Knight is clearly better, let's see who gets the call when Tyron or Collins comes back. Better be Knight, but I'm not counting on it.

There was lot of talk the first game about how the coaches just luved them sum Steele. Steele over Knight seemed like an "our guy" move. Hope not. But I haven't liked the back up pecking order on the oline throughout camp. It's been weird.