Twitter: Brees needs thumb surgery; likely to miss Cowboys game *MERGE*

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I would rather have Brees was playing, because even in a loss you could see how your team stacks up against a really good team. Now without Brees this is a must win for the Cowboys. You can't lose to a Teddy Bridgewater team, even if it's in New Orleans. I still don't think it's gonna be an easy game.

Been watching the Cowboys since 1968, if there's one constant about this team it's that they've lost to teams they should have beaten 48-0 on multiple occasions.

Think Dallas will win, the offense is so stacked now, and the defense doesn't seem to have a lot of trouble with mobile quarterbacks, they've beaten the Seahawks, for instance, a couple of times and Wilson is certainly mobile.

But wouldn't be at all surprised for Bridgewater to have a career game against Dallas, even if he loses....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If Brees is getting surgery, he's taking longer than six weeks. He'll be in a cast for 4 to 6 alone. It could take double that amount to actually rehab and build up strength.

Very real possibility that the Saints move on next year.

Yes teams nearly always put out optimistic forecasts initially, don't want the fans to give up on the team.

But there's all types of ligament "damage", I tore my biceps tendon off the bone, except for about 10% of it, was told by the doctor it would be a 6-9 month recovery, and he was right on, though that's a lot bigger tendon. Could be a partial tear for Brees and small ligaments heal quicker, but I would agree 6 weeks seems short.

Though Brees will get far more therapy far more often than regular folk, that will speed healing....

glimmerman

Reaction score
I'm wondering if we're not about to see the retirement of Ben Roethlisberger.

He looked lifeless before he hurt his elbow. And that could be a Tommy John situation.

Adam Vinateiri may retire today, too.

Weird times.
Didn’t he just get a new contract..

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I watched the entire game. Teddy did not look bad as much as the Saints absolutely imploded with penalities when it was still close. Teddy made some pretty good throws.
amazing how all pro players (Kamara, Thompson) look avg without their QB.

Carson

Reaction score
Don’t wish injury on anybody. But I’ll take it. I had this as a loss

aria

Reaction score
Do not take Teddy and Shawn Peyton lightly.......the combination is more than enough to cover for Brees.
Did you forget about Eli Apple? The single handed reason we beat them last year. The guys is our best player since he was with the Giants and now we’re fortunate enough to play against him on a non divisional foe. He’s the Erek Flowers of corner backs.

After watching NO play Houston I figured we would beat them rather easily, granted it, it will be a tougher test than we’ve faced but they’re over rated. I haven’t given my score prediction but considering the new information I’m going say we win 27-17 and that’s conservative. You heard it hear first!

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Big injury for a QB. Especially one that is 40 years old. If he has to alter his grip moving forward, we may seen the last of Drew Brees or at least how we know him.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Too bad they can't face the better teams at full strength. It would have given them a better idea where they stand come playoff time.

Yeah because a week 4 game really has a lot of bearing come January...

Carson

Reaction score
Hurts the Saints but they should remain in contention. Schedule is pretty light

@ Seattle
Dallas
Tampa Bay
@ Jacksonville
@ Chicago
Arizona

They should be able to go 3-3 at worst there

Blake

Reaction score
I think Brees is faking the injury to avoid going head to head with my boy Prescott.

Too late for you to jump on the bandwagon and pretend you didn't spend the last 3 seasons besmirching our franchise QB.

Sarcasm or not.