Twitter: Brees needs thumb surgery; likely to miss Cowboys game *MERGE*

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
really? Didnt look like they had the ability to cover for Brees being out yesterday.

They didn't.......rusty 2nd string QB will do that. I'm not saying losing Brees doesn't hurt because it obviously does but to assume the Saints become automatically beatable w/o him is misguided IMO. They still have their D and Payton with Bridgewater, who some believe can be a starter in the league. Bottom line, they will still be a tough team to beat IMO, not as tough with Brees but still tough.

aria

Reaction score
Rothlisberger is done for year. Just announced 30 mins ago.
Daaaaaaaang...just saw this on ESPN. Not a Big Ben fan but that sucks for any player. I wonder if he’ll hang up the cleats after this.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yep, but they'll settle that out.

He's out for the year, so I think he's going to just retire. The Steelers look ready for a rebuild.
Yeah I think he is done. Lucky him for signing the contract. If he does retire I want to see the numbers. These contracts now have total guaranteed money. Guaranteed against injury..

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Actually to be honest, there are really only 2 good teams in the AFC. New England and Kansas City. Baltimore is ok. Los Angeles is probably better than they showed yesterday, and will probably have an easy road for the wild card.

On the flip side, the NFC is stacked

NFC EAST
Dallas
Eagles

NFC NORTH
Packers

NFC WEST
Rams
Seahawks
49ers

With the NFC South getting one spot, one of these 6 teams is going to miss the playoffs? The 49ers will have it tough. 2 games vs Seattle and LA, as well as a home game against Green Bay and road games against Baltimore and New Orleans (Brees should be back long before then). But I still think they can win 10 games.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yep, but they'll settle that out.

He's out for the year, so I think he's going to just retire. The Steelers look ready for a rebuild.
Lol. Looking at sportrac he got total guaranteed of 37.5 at signing. I think that money is his. And his salary of 8.5 for 2020 is guaranteed for injury.