Brent fails two drug test...Ordered back to jail

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The NFL has a drug policy. If he's tested positive twice and if he already had a positive test, the decision is already made.

KDM256

Reaction score
Yeah I hate to say it but the Cowboys have not choice but to cut Brent now. You just can't keep making mistake after mistake

burmafrd

Reaction score
Just pathetic. And Jerruh is just as pathetic if he does not FINALLY get rid of this bum NOW.

Wheeltax

Reaction score
This guy obviously does not want to have an NFL career. Cut him.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The NFL has a drug policy. If he's tested positive twice and if he already had a positive test, the decision is already made.

Doesn't that apply to the league's own testing? Unless his drug tests are public record, I don't see how the league could legally use that criteria.

Of course, a four game suspension is the least of Brent's worries.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm not concerned when the Cowboys finally release Bent, they evidently have their own reason as to why they have not released but it is only a matter of time.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
What a ******.

Not really. What he did was dumb and there is no question about that. However, once he gets convicted because he failed 2 drug tests he will enter the system under a drug/substance abuse classification. When he is in jail he will be in the drug program and must complete a drug abuse program that will allow him to get out sooner. Michael Vick did the same thing. It's a loophole in the system.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Even without the DUI manslaughter or whatever he probably would have screwed away his career. Sad indeed.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I have been okay with keeping him up to this point but I'm done. He needs to go

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Doesn't that apply to the league's own testing? Unless his drug tests are public record, I don't see how the league could legally use that criteria.

Of course, a four game suspension is the least of Brent's worries.

I am not certain of exactly how many positive tests it takes but the league does have a substance abuse policy. Since he is technically still on the team, I would have to assume that he is still subject to League Rules. I was thinking it was 3 but that may be inaccurate. He has two that we know of. If he entered with one or if he has had a positive test we don't know about, other then these, the League could make the decision for us.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow. You get what's coming to you. Does this do it, then, for his time in Dallas?

i have to admit i admired the way the cowboys stood behind him to give him every shot at turning things around. but enough is enough and it's time to cut bait and look at camp cuts from other teams for another one to try and groom.

what a shame.