Brett Favre on MM and the Cowboys

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Oct 28, 2020.

1. CarolinaFathead

CarolinaFathead Well-Known Member

2,022 Messages
    1,443 Likes Received
    I think Jerry and Jimmy mainly clashed over who was responsible for back to back SBs five years after being 1-15. Most of us fans back then, I’d guess pretty confidently the vast majority, gave Johnson the bulk of the credit and that I’m sure bothered Jerry immensely but what he couldn’t stomach was his professional peers giving Johnson the bulk of the credit, including Jimmy Johnson himself. That wasn’t going to fly.

Jerry might be a big softie with his favorite guys and he might engender a lax attitude organizationally because of this, and if true those are certainly problems that need to be mitigated, but Jerry’s ego and need to be adulated is by far the biggest problem we have right now and have had since he bought the team. We could bring in the next Bill Parcells/Jimmy Johnson and have discipline infused in the team from day one and that ego in the background could still submarine the whole thing.

2. bigE79

bigE79 Well-Known Member

3,289 Messages
    1,019 Likes Received
    Damn, maybe we can convince brett to make a comeback...lol

Hawkeye0202 likes this.
  3. ottawacowpoke

ottawacowpoke Active Member

233 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    I really think that Jimmy Johnson would beg to differ. Sure Jimmy stocked the team with great players, but he also built a culture of accountability. His team was scared to lose.

Legend likes this.
  4. Reid1boys

Reid1boys Well-Known Member

3,439 Messages
    3,110 Likes Received
    Joe Gibbs won a couple of SBs. Was his culture like Jimmy's? Look, Jimmy is probably my favorite coach of all time, but his way is not the only way. That guy Bill Walsh..... he was pretty Ok and his culture was a little different than Jimmy's.

Runwildboys likes this.
  5. Reid1boys

Reid1boys Well-Known Member

3,439 Messages
    3,110 Likes Received
    well players get paid for what they did PRIOR to their contract. Sp tell me the players [aid like Rock Stars that didnt put up the numbers prior to their contract?
    Are you at practice each day? Is your complaint about how we coddle our players the exact same comolaint you had with JG and now with MM?

CarolinaFathead likes this.
  6. CarolinaFathead

2,022 Messages
    1,443 Likes Received
    CATCH17’s strategy as a GM would be to fire anybody up for a second contract and replace them in the draft lol. The roster would get turned over every three to four years lol.

That’s almost all he does is ***** and moan about what a player makes. The only players in the league worthy of a highly paid contract in his view is the consensus top player at each individual position. If you’re the second best player at your position and you want a comparable contract to the number one rated player at that position then in CATCH17’s world you’re ish out of luck lmao. Too expensive!! You’re not Pat Mahomes!!

Dude is cheap as **** lol...

7. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

42,331 Messages
    35,148 Likes Received
    I don’t disagree but I don’t think teams in general
    Are built like that. Andy Reid is holding guys accountable? Bellichek I’m sure does.

8. basel90

basel90 Well-Known Member

1,854 Messages
    2,252 Likes Received
    Brett makes a lot of sense . The team is either full of overrated entitled players , or the players have talent but don’t feel the urgency or the authority of rhe coach as long as they can keep Jerry happy .

9. JustChip

JustChip Well-Known Member

3,102 Messages
    2,618 Likes Received
    Uh, no. That culture was Jimmy’s, this is Jerry’s. Jerry emphatically said winning was the only thing that mattered the night he introduced Jimmy. The only thing that’s mattered since Jimmy departed has been feeding Jerry’s ego and the need to prove it wasn’t Jimmy. All he’s done since has been to further cement with every passing year that it was Jimmy.

Legend and ottawacowpoke like this.
  10. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

5,916 Messages
    7,704 Likes Received
    Mike is a disciplinarian? i believe it when i see it.

11. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

9,530 Messages
    4,506 Likes Received
    Wrong. Today’s players, just like average people their age, are far different than they were 25-30 years ago. That entitlement mentality is extremely prevalent in today’s society and especially on this team. It’s disgusting.

12. CarolinaFathead

2,022 Messages
    1,443 Likes Received
    What do you mean by “entitlement mentality is extremely prevalent in today’s society”?

13. ottawacowpoke

ottawacowpoke Active Member

233 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    Well said. It’s disgusting.

JustChip likes this.
  14. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

9,530 Messages
    4,506 Likes Received
    It’s a really, really simple statement that needs no explanation. If you don’t get it, I probably can’t help you. But, in short, I’ll just say that young people today (teens and 20 somethings) are weak minded and think the world owes them something. End of story.

JustChip likes this.
  15. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

14,794 Messages
    12,908 Likes Received
    :hammer:

16. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

11,525 Messages
    5,756 Likes Received
    Brett just said we have a bunch devas and little punks on the locker room...

17. BermyStar

BermyStar Well-Known Member

704 Messages
    911 Likes Received
    Woah bud. I'm speaking on a specific matter. The topic at hand.

18. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

7,129 Messages
    2,348 Likes Received
    Why can't "insert name of coach" win with all this talent that our peerless GM has assembled?

19. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

7,271 Messages
    8,985 Likes Received
    quit selling. geez. he's broke

Corso likes this.
  20. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Zone Supporter

30,218 Messages
    57,281 Likes Received
    I'm pretty tired, but I don't think I said anything about Jimmy's way being the only way. I didn't even say this way can't work. All I'm saying is there's definitely a big difference in accountability, particularly for the non-star players.