Brian Urlacher on LVE

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He does not play like rolando mcclain or urlacher.

I think he plays like Urlacher. I watched Urlacher his entire college and pro career. I watch him play in HS. I see a lot of similarities there but remains to be seen how they translate for him in the pros.

JMO

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
Doesn't hurt him either. Just speaks the truth. He's a Rookie and he hasn't done squat in the NFL yet. Thats not a bad thing, that's actually a good think to me.
Ok if u believe in them types. I thought u could have gotten a All-pro Safety or even a Good to great D-linemen who coincidentally would look like genuises considering the suspension of Irving& the unfortunate injury sure to come from training camp& pre season from idk pick the player.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
Doesn't hurt him either. Just speaks the truth. He's a Rookie and he hasn't done squat in the NFL yet. Thats not a bad thing, that's actually a good think to me.
Ok point taken. I think he's eventually going to be BC2, most of their measurables are the same or similar but yet Bobby was more of a accomplished player& came from a better football school,but to each it's own. I hope I'm wrong but with my knowledge of football, it's going to be hard for me to be wrong.

cern

Reaction score
I prefer to wait until at least training camp and some preseason games. it's the season for hype/tripe. when the pads are on and they're hitting someone then you can just rely on believing your eyes. best test of all.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I think he plays like Urlacher. I watched Urlacher his entire college and pro career. I watch him play in HS. I see a lot of similarities there but remains to be seen how they translate for him in the pros.

JMO

Hes not as physical as Urlacher was at this point, but the guy did just put on 70 pounds in college and then destroyed everyone in measurables.

Most importantly, in this age, is the fact that he was inexperienced yet still looked like a complete natural in pass D, especially zone drops. That's where I see Urlacher in him, potential to be one of the elite in pass D, which is really really hard.

Not worried about his physicality at this point. Itll come. Until then, being a 3 down player who can get offenses off the field on 3rd down and force TOs is worth its weight in gold.

eternaljester81

Reaction score
Cowboy scouts say he plays like Rolando McClain. Of course, he's white, so we have to compare him to Urlacher.

It's Dirk and Bird all over again.

Or every smallish white WR is Welker and black WR is S. Smith.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ok if u believe in them types. I thought u could have gotten a All-pro Safety or even a Good to great D-linemen who coincidentally would look like genuises considering the suspension of Irving& the unfortunate injury sure to come from training camp& pre season from idk pick the player.

This has nothing to do with my post. Who you thought we could have gotten is here nor there. This entire thread is about Urlacher and what he thinks about LVE, at this point, I thought.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ok point taken. I think he's eventually going to be BC2, most of their measurables are the same or similar but yet Bobby was more of a accomplished player& came from a better football school,but to each it's own. I hope I'm wrong but with my knowledge of football, it's going to be hard for me to be wrong.

I see, who is Bobby?

What is your knowledge based on?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hes not as physical as Urlacher was at this point,

You might be surprised Gmoney. As I recall, Urlacher wasn't really all that physical coming out. He was a Safety when he started so he actually did a lot of arm tackling early on. That was the one knock on Urlacher coming out and it kinda was warranted. He really wasn't a punishing tackler when he first came out of UNM. He kinda grew into it a little more as he got older but he was still a great player, to me, punishing tackler or not.

JMO

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
ha ha ha! Kid got off a good one...