Video: Brian Wilson and George Martin in studio

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amazing to see all the different layers that were used.
And to think that album was the inspiration for Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour, the albums that gave birth to Album Rock and inspired so many American and British musicians and songwriters. However, not surprising as the British Invasion drew from American music to launch their invasion.

I was around for that Invasion and just recently with three documentaries discovered that Elvis was more involved in the creation of his songs than I had believed, Brian Wilson really was a musical pioneer and to be taken more seriously and the real force behind the change in the Beatles from love songs to music changing songs was McCartney, not Lennon. Although, there was a clue on that last one when McCartney wrote Flaming Pie and Standing Stone.

Most interesting part of that was Brian Wilson explaining where he thinks the creativity comes from for composing music. I have always thought that was the driving force and some of the best music ever written was when the composers were going through emotional times.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
And to think that album was the inspiration for Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour, the albums that gave birth to Album Rock and inspired so many American and British musicians and songwriters. However, not surprising as the British Invasion drew from American music to launch their invasion.

I was around for that Invasion and just recently with three documentaries discovered that Elvis was more involved in the creation of his songs than I had believed, Brian Wilson really was a musical pioneer and to be taken more seriously and the real force behind the change in the Beatles from love songs to music changing songs was McCartney, not Lennon. Although, there was a clue on that last one when McCartney wrote Flaming Pie and Standing Stone.

Most interesting part of that was Brian Wilson explaining where he thinks the creativity comes from for composing music. I have always thought that was the driving force and some of the best music ever written was when the composers were going through emotional times.

Yep, was never a huge fan but upon dissecting their music it doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize they were pretty revolutionary at the time.