Brice Butler on Undisputed

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s not even asked to be on that show if he doesn’t have the game he had on the season finale. Prior to that game he had zero catches in week 13 and one catch in week 12. He’s inconsistent and might not even be back next season. He’s similar to Twill he’ll make a big play or two then disappear for weeks.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ha. He really didn't like Terrence getting paid and him getting the one year deal last offseason. I don't blame him, but he's not shy about it, either.

I really hate this show, but thanks for posting this. Some really interesting content here.

Normally, I find myself hating guys like Butler with the alligator mouth and the canary butt. But for some reason, I like the dude. He has zero filter, but he's only interested in being fair. No punches pulled. Lots of good dirt on the offensive coaches here.

Those two idiots were really digging hard on the Dez Bryant angle, though.

conner01

Reaction score
Ha. He really didn't like Terrence getting paid and him getting the one year deal last offseason. I don't blame him, but he's not shy about it, either.

I really hate this show, but thanks for posting this. Some really interesting content here.

Normally, I find myself hating guys like Butler with the alligator mouth and the canary butt. But for some reason, I like the dude. He has zero filter, but he's only interested in being fair. No punches pulled. Lots of good dirt on the offensive coaches here.

He got what he earned. He has the worst hands on the team. Nice potential but to reach that potential he has to work on catching the ball

Zordon

Reaction score
He’s not even asked to be on that show if he doesn’t have the game he had on the season finale. Prior to that game he had zero catches in week 13 and one catch in week 12. He’s inconsistent and might not even be back next season. He’s similar to Twill he’ll make a big play or two then disappear for weeks.
Brice is a very eclectic guy. He's got a future in hollywood/tv/silicon valley when he's done with football. I don't think he loves the game. JMO.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He got what he earned. He has the worst hands on the team. Nice potential but to reach that potential he has to work on catching the ball

I ain't upset about his deal. Just pointing out how he feels about it, because he keeps telling the press, and I think it's amusing.

Butler actually has some really great hands...when you don't absolutely need the catch. I'd be giving the guy shots down field on 2nd down every other series if it were me. Never on third-and-necessary or on fourth-and-anything, though. He can give you spectacular, or he can drop a necessary conversion that hits him in the hands.

khiladi

Reaction score
Argument has no weight when you performed similarly in Oakland.

Plus, his average Y/R was even bigger in 2015, so congrats Butler.. you get some big catches in a season of implosion with Cassell and Weeden throwing to you..

That being said you never had Romo throwing to you, so there is that..

Sepia

Reaction score

He is inconsistent, but he was not used nearly enough, IMO. Dak made some good throws to him. And he has a skill set Dez and TWill don't. As much as we forced it to Dez despite turnovers and whatnot, we ought to have given Brice a bit more to do.

I thought it was odd that he ended up on the injured list near the end of the season. And then Broaddus mentioned how Brice stared down Garrett when he got back to the sideline after his TD in Philly. I don't know what that was about. Was Garrett holding him back?

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
He keeps saying things have to change for him to come back, what he is really saying is that he needs to be starting and Dez either needs to be in the slot or gone. I don't think i can disagree with him atm.

Gaede

Reaction score
I

I’m with you Idgit. Brice didn’t throw any one under the bus, but he lets his thoughts be known.

And really, it’s hard to disagree with what he says. Him and Dak have good chemistry, and always have, so why didn’t they give him a chance to prove himself?

Like he says, everyone basically has their ‘role’ and that’s it

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Three years on the team and really hasn't broke out at all. Unless he's taking vet minimum, bye.

He's already gone. Noah Brown is taking that spot.

They aren't going to touch Dez' deal until after the draft, no matter what. By that time, Butler will be elsewhere, or he'll have no interest and he'll have to slink back, regardless.

But he'll probably be elsewhere.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Oh man, Butler dropping some bombs.

The best part of this is him saying that the scheme basically finds one thing a player is good at and forces them to do nothing but that, over and over.

The evidence as far as our offense being predictable is overwhelming at this point, and that's on the HC as much as anyone else.

Garrett is quite possibly the most conservative and predictable HC in the league, and that's not going to change anytime soon.

Nothing innovative comes out of Dallas and I don't think that leopard is going to change his spots anytime soon.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He is inconsistent, but he was not used nearly enough, IMO. Dak made some good throws to him. And he has a skill set Dez and TWill don't. As much as we forced it to Dez despite turnovers and whatnot, we ought to have given Brice a bit more to do.

I thought it was odd that he ended up on the injured list near the end of the season. And then Broaddus mentioned how Brice stared down Garrett when he got back to the sideline after his TD in Philly. I don't know what that was about. Was Garrett holding him back?

Butler has had opportunities but he’s had some drops. He’s certainly not a bad player but he’s inconsistent. If he took advantage of his opportunities more he would get more playing time. You have to make every opportunity count and he hasn’t.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He keeps saying things have to change for him to come back, what he is really saying is that he needs to be starting and Dez either needs to be in the slot or gone. I don't think i can disagree with him atm.

What's interesting is speculating where the inflexibility in putting players in other routes is coming from. Was it Dooley? Or was it above Dooley, and so that's why Dooley left and the WRs are unhappy. Probably the latter, right?

And Butler is basically saying here that Dez can't run the slot routes adequately and would have to learn them. We did put Dez in the slot some, but could do it more. But then what does that do with Beasley, who you can't play outside? You take him off the field to put Dez in the slot so you can squeeze Butler out wide? Doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Bease is a better slot WR than Dez would be, anyway. Dez needs to catch the balls that hit him. We need to extend him and get his cap number down, or cut him, and we need a wide out who has the speed to force teams to double him consistently so that the other players can benefit from the reduced coverage elsewhere, or we can run against it.

We don't need Butler for any of that, though.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Ah, but he caught and scored the only points in that last Philly game where Philly rested almost their entire starting lineup and Dez couldn't catch a ball thrown to him. That makes him Briceless (get it?) /end sarcasm

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
to me butler is to inconsistent but maybe the coaches didn't do him any favors there are reasons the offense crashed qb is one of them and I am sure the coaches were the other

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Butler has had opportunities but he’s had some drops. He’s certainly not a bad player but he’s inconsistent. If he took advantage of his opportunities more he would get more playing time. You have to make every opportunity count and he hasn’t.

He was targetting 23 times and caught 15 of them. I also assume that some of those targets were not catchable.

The truth is Terrance shouldn't have been brought back. They should have bumped Butler up to #2, not that it would have made a difference because they'd just send him on 100 go routes anyway.