Brice Butler on Undisputed

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I'm not sure Dez actually sees where he's really at right now, when he said he wouldn't take a pay cut to help the team out.........he WILL get a pay cut whether it's here or somewhere else.........I personally hope it's somewhere else so we don't have to watch him pout over it all season.
Plus if his game declines even further he will be wasting a roster spot. It would be nice if Dez would bounce back and even improve his game, but what are the chances of that? Dez doesn't strike me as the kind of person who is going to go focus and work on their craft day and night during this off season.

Gaede

Reaction score
Lastly, he threw Dak under the bus at the end too. (I’m looking at some teams with quarterbacks that throw the ball). Lmao! How did y’all miss this stuff he said? Dude is pretty lame for this interview to be honest
I don’t think you understood the joke there.

Every team has a QB that throws the ball. The inference is that he will not tell them what team he wants to play for.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lastly, he threw Dak under the bus at the end too. (I’m looking at some teams with quarterbacks that throw the ball). Lmao! How did y’all miss this stuff he said? Dude is pretty lame for this interview to be honest
That's what I found most interesting haha. Insinuating that Dak can't throw the football. 100% accurate :laugh:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Plus if his game declines even further he will be wasting a roster spot. It would be nice if Dez would bounce back and even improve his game, but what are the chances of that? Dez doesn't strike me as the kind of person who is going to go focus and work on their craft day and night during this off season.
If he regresses even more next season he'll be vet minimum type player bouncing from team to team for the duration of his career.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Butler is our best and only real deep threat

Instead of forcing 50-50 balls to Dez on the outside they should use Butler

I would go Butler and TWill outside with Dez and Witten inside......leave Beasley out until they go 4 WR

+1 I started a thread couple weeks ago suggesting we resign Butler and give him a LEGIT chance replace TWill. My problem we never gave him chance to see how he respond to being #2 guy with offseason camps and preseason. We know he has the speed and size. Maybe he just needs someone to believe in him and give him a chance. One thing for sure, with him starting teams would respect his speed on the other side. Other words, my thinking was. demote or trade TWill, Butler starts as # 2, draft WR within first 2 picks.

BTW......although TWill signed a new deal 2017, 2018 is the last year of guarantee $$$$ of approx $3M+.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I wish the Cowboys could afford to draft 2 WR's in the first 3 rounds. Replace both TWill and Butler. I'd settle for Landry and one highly drafted WR.

Season opener - Dez, Landry, The Bease, Switzer, draft pick.
Beasley and Switzer are redundant..... I would keep Switzer as a RB/ST guy and keep a Butler or NBrown or KD Cannon....... someone that can separate and open the field

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's what I found most interesting haha. Insinuating that Dak can't throw the football. 100% accurate :laugh:

This is another reason they had him on the show they figured they could prod him into making such comments. They asked if he felt he would be back with the Cowboys next season and he really didn’t want to comment but they prodded him into saying something, which led into the comment he made about other QBs. They wouldn’t have invited him on the show if they thought he wouldn’t be candid and opinionated. Butler certainly didn’t help his chances of returning to the Cowboys with some of the comments he made.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

6:00 mark. You tell me Jason Garrett is worth a damn. I dare you

Another fascinating interview.

3 minutes in it gets pretty good.

Dez Bryant clearly doesn't believe in this coaching staff.

He's not a me guy according to Butler. He's more upset with how the game is being called by the coaches.

All this tells me is that next year is going to be a flop.

The players and even some of the coaches do not buy into Garrett's brand of football and it's leaking out into the media now and we've never heard these types of criticisms come out like this in the past.

For them to give Romo full authority of the offense just shows what they felt about Garrett.

This is a puppet coach and whats keeping him his job now is his recently signed contract.

The time to move on is NOW. Get ahead of this thing while you can and don't waste anymore time with this staff.

Last edited:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Someone that would go on THAT show...and allow themselves to be BAITED like this...does not want to come back....and if he thinks doing that show would HELP him get what he wants in Dallas...I would not want someone that DUMB on my team. Lastly, he should really consider how other teams will perceive him because on that interview. Teams that are SERIOUS about winning...would not like what just took place. He might find some teams that are not close to winning and are simply looking for some athletic big bodies at WR...but most winning teams have a CULTURE where what just happened would NEVER go over well!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
1st off.. Brice Butler isn't the WR Dez is. Even if he got the Targets he just isn't the kind of guy that could ever sniff Dez Bryants level.

He doesn't attack the ball and he messes up the details on plays quite a bit.

The better guy for him to go after would be T. Will but I don't know if they think Butler can run as many routes as T.Will.

2nd. He made a little comment at the end about the QB not throwing to WR's and he wants to play for a team where they throw to the WR.

3rd. IT sounds like all of the players behind the scenes think the offense isn't dynamic and pigeon holes the players. Much like the Zoners have said for years.

That's basically my take away.

How is this throwing Dak under the bus as some here suggest?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Butler has every reason to be frustrated. In the past 2 seasons he has averaged 9.8 yards per target to T-Will's 8.4 yards per target and Dez's 7.2 yards per target. He also didn't drop 3 passes that led to interceptions like T-Will did.

I think Dez is asked to do more things and he gets doubled unlike Butler. But a fairer comparison is T-Will and Butler was 15% more efficient than T-Will.

I think it's all about Garrett and his obsession with blocking WR's and he doesn't want to admit that he made a mistake in re-signing T-Will.

:hammer::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
How is this throwing Dak under the bus as some here suggest?

He's saying he wants to play with a QB that actually gets his WR's the ball.

What other way do you view it?

I'm sure he likes Dak but it's clear to me that Dak isn't good at throwing to the WR's and it's part of the reason all of their numbers are down.

kazzd58

Reaction score
Some of yall are acting surprised as if this ahsnt been mentioned or just use your eyes we all know the play based on formation and situation. its on 1% of the time JG throws a wrinkle

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Someone that would go on THAT show...and allow themselves to be BAITED like this...does not want to come back....and if he thinks doing that show would HELP him get what he wants in Dallas...I would not want someone that DUMB on my team. Lastly, he should really consider how other teams will perceive him because on that interview. Teams that are SERIOUS about winning...would not like what just took place. He might find some teams that are not close to winning and are simply looking for some athletic big bodies at WR...but most winning teams have a CULTURE where what just happened would NEVER go over well!

Completely agree but as a fan I love the transparency and I love that the players think what 90% of us on this board think about their gameplans.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Completely agree but as a fan I love the transparency and I love that the players think what 90% of us on this board think about their gameplans.
I get it...but he just torched his chance to "show what he can do"....with a lot of teams.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
+1 I started a thread couple weeks ago suggesting we resign Butler and give him a LEGIT chance replace TWill. My problem we never gave him chance to see how he respond to being #2 guy with offseason camps and preseason. We know he has the speed and size. Maybe he just needs someone to believe in him and give him a chance. One thing for sure, with him starting teams would respect his speed on the other side. Other words, my thinking was. demote or trade TWill, Butler starts as # 2, draft WR within first 2 picks.

BTW......although TWill signed a new deal 2017, 2018 is the last year of guarantee $$$$ of approx $3M+.
TWill could get traded and someone else would pay the 3.5m gtd this year.......even if it was for a conditional pick

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Some of yall are acting surprised as if this ahsnt been mentioned or just use your eyes we all know the play based on formation and situation. its on 1% of the time JG throws a wrinkle

Well a lot of the super homers want to back this coaching staff no matter what so it's always good to have an "I told you so" moment like this.

I'm sure the players like Garrett as a person and want to play hard for him but they all know his offense is garbage.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He's saying he wants to play with a QB that actually gets his WR's the ball.

What other way do you view it?

I'm sure he likes Dak but it's clear to me that Dak isn't good at throwing to the WR's and it's part of the reason all of their numbers are down.

Beasley caught 75 balls 2016..........

winzstar

Reaction score
I'm seeing Beasley as our under the radar #1 WR. Understand this is only my assessment but teams started double teaming Bease and our powers that be put him on the bench. We learned later that only helps us. He beat the double teams and when he didn't it left other WR one-on-one. I'll eventually stop harping on it but Prescott is most effective on short routes. I'm not saying move Bease outside except occasionally to keep teams honest. The slot is his money spot.