Brice Butler on Undisputed

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
what I find very interesting is he stated "they find out your strength and only ask you to do that, no versatility.

I found that interesting, too. Additionally, I found it interesting what Brice mentioned the coaches telling him to control what he can control when he went to them to discuss his role. Garrett has always been pretty vanilla to the press. I don't necessarily mind that but the hope was issues were being addressed behind closed doors despite the cliches being tossed around in public. Seems cliche speak is also used in player feedback as well.

rpntex

Reaction score
He keeps saying things have to change for him to come back, what he is really saying is that he needs to be starting and Dez either needs to be in the slot or gone. I don't think i can disagree with him atm.

Dez lined up in the slot 154 snaps this season. People need to get off the narrative that he lines up in one position every play. It’s just not true.

Gameover

Reaction score
He’s not even asked to be on that show if he doesn’t have the game he had on the season finale. Prior to that game he had zero catches in week 13 and one catch in week 12. He’s inconsistent and might not even be back next season. He’s similar to Twill he’ll make a big play or two then disappear for weeks.
Doesn't get nearly the snaps that Williams gets. How is he inconsistent? When given opportunities, he's been our most impactful pass catcher. Inconsistent? He's the 5th option on a run heavy offense, that in itself will limit how consistent you are.

The guy would've been the number 2 guy on the 1995, 1996 teams. A damn good one too!

This is same type thinking from fans who wanted Mike Zimmer gone in the early 2g's.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
He's our most explosive receiver. I want him back. I'd love Ridley, but I'd rather spend a premium pick on the defense (preferably Roquan Smith).

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Doesn't get nearly the snaps that Williams gets. How is he inconsistent? When given opportunities, he's been our most impactful pass catcher. Inconsistent? He's the 5th option on a run heavy offense, that in itself will limit how consistent you are.

The guy would've been the number 2 guy on the 1995, 1996 teams. A damn good one too!

This is same type thinking from fans who wanted Mike Zimmer gone in the early 2g's.

He doesn’t get the snaps because he doesn’t show up consistently. If you can’t see he’s been inconsistent you must be wearing blinders. Listen to the video even he admitted he was inconsistent in 2016. He wasn’t consistent this season either. There’s a reason why he was playing on a one year deal.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
He keeps saying things have to change for him to come back, what he is really saying is that he needs to be starting and Dez either needs to be in the slot or gone. I don't think i can disagree with him atm.
I can't disagree at all regarding where Dez needs to be. I'm not sold on Brice either though.... Give me Calvin Ridley please.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I can't really be mad at him for saying that. We have pretty mediocre receiving group. He should have seen more playing time.

sideon

Reaction score
The whole WR group is inconsistent. They've all dropped balls and contributed to interceptions. But Brice is at least a 4.3 guy who gets open, makes explosive plays, and is a leader in the league for yards per catch.
That would be more impressive if he played a full 16 game season.

Gameover

Reaction score
Dez had 2 drops vs NY, 1 vs Philly, 1 vs Atlanta, 1 vs 1 vs KC

Off top. 6 drops for the year is BS

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Dez lined up in the slot 154 snaps this season. People need to get off the narrative that he lines up in one position every play. It’s just not true.
Out of 975 snaps that isn't a lot................... 1 out of 6 plays

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
He’s not even asked to be on that show if he doesn’t have the game he had on the season finale. Prior to that game he had zero catches in week 13 and one catch in week 12. He’s inconsistent and might not even be back next season. He’s similar to Twill he’ll make a big play or two then disappear for weeks.
re: inconsistency. Dak targeted him 23 times; he caught 15; that's 65% catch rate. Of the 8 he didn't catch, how many were drops?

Regardless, he deserved way more than 23 targets. That's not on him because he proved he can do something with the ball when he gets targets by virtue of leading the league in yards per catch.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I have ZERO issue with what he said. I see a frustrated player who's confident he can contribute way more IF given the chance. My problem is we could have the next Brandon Marshall or Jefferey here. We have nothing to lose giving him a chance to start over TWill imo. I would bring him back in a heartbeat and trade TWill.......

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
re: inconsistency. Dak targeted him 23 times; he caught 15; that's 65% catch rate. Of the 8 he didn't catch, how many were drops?

Regardless, he deserved way more than 23 targets. That's not on him because he proved he can do something with the ball when he gets targets by virtue of leading the league in yards per catch.

You go look up how many of the 8 were drops I’m certainly not going waste my time with it. Never said all he does is drop the ball but he’s had some drops over his career. If he showed up in practice and made more of the opportunities in the game action he’s gotten he would get more targets. He’s an average receiver who is playing on a one year deal and may not be back with the Cowboys next season. He’s not doing himself any favers going on shows talking about some of his displeasures with the team and the lack of opportunities he’s been given.

If he hadn’t made some plays in the season finale he wouldn’t be on that show and we wouldn’t be talking about him right now. He did what he’s been doing ever since he got here, makes a nice play every several games.

VABoyz

Reaction score
i think Butler knew he wasnt coming back because he definitely wasnt trying to be PC about it.he just said how he felt even about jerry landing the helicopter on the practice field.. funny though.lol

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Lastly, he threw Dak under the bus at the end too. (I’m looking at some teams with quarterbacks that throw the ball). Lmao! How did y’all miss this stuff he said? Dude is pretty lame for this interview to be honest
Not really. This is Zeke's team, not Dak's.