Brice Butler on Undisputed

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
You go look up how many of the 8 were drops I’m certainly not going waste my time with it. Never said all he does is drop the ball but he’s had some drops over his career. If he showed up in practice and made more of the opportunities in the game action he’s gotten he would get more targets. He’s an average receiver who is playing on a one year deal and may not be back with the Cowboys next season. He’s not doing himself any favers going on shows talking about some of his displeasures with the team and the lack of opportunities he’s been given.

If he hadn’t made some plays in the season finale he wouldn’t be on that show and we wouldn’t be talking about him right now. He did what he’s been doing ever since he got here, makes a nice play every several games.

He had about 3 drops so he's not perfect. However, Dak's QB rating was like 130 or so when he threw Butler's way. Bottom line: he deserves more targets and didn't get them. He averaged 21 yards a catch. That's big time, yet you make him sound like a scrub. SMH

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He had about 3 drops so he's not perfect. However, Dak's QB rating was like 130 or so when he threw Butler's way. Bottom line: he deserves more targets and didn't get them. He averaged 21 yards a catch. That's big time, yet you make him sound like a scrub. SMH

I’m making him sound like what is an average receiver. Show me where he deserves more targets. He played on a one year deal for a reason. Three drops for as few targets as he got is a lot.

Bluestang

Reaction score
This is exactly what many of us suspected. The coaching staff lacks innovation because they can’t coach that into a player. So how do you maximize their potential if you can’t coach a player to do multiple things well? You make them do what they are good at over and over and adjust your scheme to take advantage of that. The same thing is being done on the defensive side of the ball...this is all JG’s direction as sup-par head coach.

That’s why we hear about the simple schemes so that the players can play fast and rookies are not overwhelmed with the playbook and trying to learn how to be a well rounded football player.

This may have worked last season because we had a dominant OL, and a special player in Zeke...but eventually opposing coaches are going to figure out your strengths and take them away. That’s why “halftime adjustments” are non existent and we seem to be stale coming out of a halftime. Opposing players say that we are predictable and that has been reiterated time and time again.

The film watchers should have seen this in their film reviews. It’s not hard to see it. Insanity man, JG is living proof of it.

conner01

Reaction score
I ain't upset about his deal. Just pointing out how he feels about it, because he keeps telling the press, and I think it's amusing.

Butler actually has some really great hands...when you don't absolutely need the catch. I'd be giving the guy shots down field on 2nd down every other series if it were me. Never on third-and-necessary or on fourth-and-anything, though. He can give you spectacular, or he can drop a necessary conversion that hits him in the hands.
He can make the tough catch and can get deep
If he could ever improve his concentration on other passes he could be a player

Zman5

Reaction score

6:00 mark. You tell me Jason Garrett is worth a damn. I dare you

Some people got on me for saying we needed to move away from Romo's offense and start being more Dak friendly few months ago.

This makes more sense why Dak struggled this year. Romo wasn't around to help him run his offense.
It's ridiculous, how a guy who's been the OC/HC here since 2007, couldn't help.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Overall, I believe Butler thinks way too highly of himself.

But he does have one primitive point.

The Cowboys have been guilty in the past of allowing contract status to dictate not only roster spots but job roles.

You pay the player, you play the player.

Praxit

Reaction score
.>Butler has forgotten the money motto. "Hard work will bring the money". Work on your routes, get open and catch the ball. EVerytime if you can.

Zman5

Reaction score
This thread reminds me of RoyWill vs Miles debates. People were saying if Miles was better, he'd be getting more snaps. They said coaches knew better than the fans because they see these guys in practices and there was a reason why these guys aren't getting more playing time etc..etc..

Only reason we were able to find out how good Miles was due to Roy's injury. As we found out, JG really didn't know any better than the casual fans. Same thing happened with Demarco vs Felix.

I think Brice would have produce as much as TWill if given the same opportunity. The difference is, Brice being the deep threat would have helped other receivers more.

Last edited:

cej757

Reaction score
Got beat out for playing time by Dez, Williams, Beasley, Brown, and Switzer.

No, dude, it's you.

Not true. He already said guys are getting playing time based on the money they're making. Butler definitely should've been playing over T Will.

erod

Reaction score
Not true. He already said guys are getting playing time based on the money they're making. Butler definitely should've been playing over T Will.
Brice Butler is a nobody. He's always been a nobody, and he'll always be a nobody.

And by all accounts, he's dumb as a hammer.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I feel like that is something that can be said about most professional athletes.

It's like a water is wet kind of statement.

Brice Butler is a nobody. He's always been a nobody, and he'll always be a nobody.

And by all accounts, he's dumb as a hammer.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Sadly I'd have to say Butler is finished in Dallas. The writing is on the wall, and he is the one writing it. He'll hit free agency and based on his feelings poured out on the show, returning to the 'Boys doesn’t seem likely.