Brice Butler on Undisputed

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Neither one of those guys are game changers just like TWill isn't. WR has got to be a draft priority.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
This sounds like a total bridge burner of an interview. I think the team must have told him he wasn't coming back at any price, and so he goes out on tv to vent.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
I think this part is really interesting:

Butler: Tony Romo was the guy that installed the plays during the meetings during the week. He talked about all that stuff. When I first got there, I had never seen nothing like that. When I left Oakland, Derek Carr was a second-year quarterback. He was a kid. And my rookie year was Terrelle Pryor, so you know he wasn’t calling the plays. So when I first got to Dallas, when I saw all the input that Tony was telling us, I was like, ‘Dang, this is crazy. The coach ain’t really really coaching.’

Iago33

Reaction score
re: inconsistency. Dak targeted him 23 times; he caught 15; that's 65% catch rate. Of the 8 he didn't catch, how many were drops?

Regardless, he deserved way more than 23 targets. That's not on him because he proved he can do something with the ball when he gets targets by virtue of leading the league in yards per catch.
Target numbers don't really help. They may indicate that someone can't get open. Is there some way to determine targets and receptions per snap (or, better yet, per passing snap--taking the run plays out of the equation)?

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
I found that interesting, too. Additionally, I found it interesting what Brice mentioned the coaches telling him to control what he can control when he went to them to discuss his role. Garrett has always been pretty vanilla to the press. I don't necessarily mind that but the hope was issues were being addressed behind closed doors despite the cliches being tossed around in public. Seems cliche speak is also used in player feedback as well.
This and the fact he mentioned that the staff also has to help Dez out as well.

conner01

Reaction score
Didn't they show a stat during the last game where they had Dez and Julio high on drops? I think they had something like 11 for one of them, but my memory could be failing me.
Julio always has a lot of drops. Many elite receivers do because they have high target numbers
The more you are targeted the more chances of a drop
Butler had 23 targets, 15 catches and 3 drops
Worst pct on team

conner01

Reaction score
He's our most explosive receiver. I want him back. I'd love Ridley, but I'd rather spend a premium pick on the defense (preferably Roquan Smith).
He is explosive but inconsistent
That’s why he is about to be on his 3rd team
He has talent but lacks concentration

blueblood70

Reaction score
Its understandable he wants to start but all the boards lighting up about Dez drops etc and say Brice and twill should take his spot should check again, look at the drops by both Twill and Butler VS the amount of targets and than redo their numbers given starter targets and the drops would be nearly as bad IF Dak even forced the ball their way , very Inaccurately at times which still count as targets but shouldn't as having balls thrown away at your feet, high, all over the place aren't real targets, you'd see they drop the ball just as much..the entire team had bad years either by injury or poor performance or suspensions.. hope the new season brings a resurrection for a lot of guys and get back to 2016 production.. If they keep dez i hope its restructured and becomes 50% guaranteed and the rest all heavily performance tiered, he can earn his money back by being productive and proving last year was a fluke..wasn't all his fault but he did have down year in drops on the catchable stuff..hes not worth 16mil that's fact

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Brice Butler is a nobody. He's always been a nobody, and he'll always be a nobody.

And by all accounts, he's dumb as a hammer.

Doesn't mean what he was saying should be thrown out or ignored.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I think this part is really interesting:

Butler: Tony Romo was the guy that installed the plays during the meetings during the week. He talked about all that stuff. When I first got there, I had never seen nothing like that. When I left Oakland, Derek Carr was a second-year quarterback. He was a kid. And my rookie year was Terrelle Pryor, so you know he wasn’t calling the plays. So when I first got to Dallas, when I saw all the input that Tony was telling us, I was like, ‘Dang, this is crazy. The coach ain’t really really coaching.’

If didn’t watch this but man if it’s even 50% true Garrett and linehan should have been fired on the flight home from Philadelphia.

Also, Shame on Jerry and garret for turning their backs on Romo. Garrett deserves all the failure he gets in the future.

How could these guys all not be fired? This is nuts

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think our WR group was one of the most sure-handed in the league this year again, wasn't it? We did have some key drops, but I don't believe they happened at a high rate.

No not really. Someone stated so but stats were put up to refute it.