Brice Butler on Undisputed

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its understandable he wants to start but all the boards lighting up about Dez drops etc and say Brice and twill should take his spot should check again, look at the drops by both Twill and Butler VS the amount of targets and than redo their numbers given starter targets and the drops would be nearly as bad IF Dak even forced the ball their way , very Inaccurately at times which still count as targets but shouldn't as having balls thrown away at your feet, high, all over the place aren't real targets, you'd see they drop the ball just as much..the entire team had bad years either by injury or poor performance or suspensions.. hope the new season brings a resurrection for a lot of guys and get back to 2016 production.. If they keep dez i hope its restructured and becomes 50% guaranteed and the rest all heavily performance tiered, he can earn his money back by being productive and proving last year was a fluke..wasn't all his fault but he did have down year in drops on the catchable stuff..hes not worth 16mil that's fact
Breathe.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Garrett and Jerry Jones believes in the hierarchy theory. You pay Dez, you throw to Dez. You barely pay Butler, you don't throw to Butler and you also never win Super bowl titles anymore. If you want to see how good or how bad Butler is, just try going to him way more often, then you'll have your answer. 23 targets isn't the answer.

rpntex

Reaction score
yup

Same number of snaps that GSwaim or NBrown got

So, you’re going to compare their TOTAL number of snaps per game to the number Dez had in the slot alone?

Sure, that’s a rational comparison...

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Bryce Butler reminds me of the time that Troy Hambrick said he was better than Emmitt.

Lol never heard that one. That’s three times as crazy as the time Joseph randle was acting like he was better than DeMarco murray.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Overall, I believe Butler thinks way too highly of himself.

But he does have one primitive point.

The Cowboys have been guilty in the past of allowing contract status to dictate not only roster spots but job roles.

You pay the player, you play the player.
Exactly right.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Bryce Butler...let's see...

GrimReaper.jpg

Survive the 'Turk.'

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Julio always has a lot of drops. Many elite receivers do because they have high target numbers
The more you are targeted the more chances of a drop
Butler had 23 targets, 15 catches and 3 drops
Worst pct on team

That seems like a terrible way to evaluate a receivers, especially based on a sample size of 23 targets and with zero actual context.

Noah Brown dropped 1 pass on 9 targets, if you extrapolate that to Dez's 132 targets, then that's 14+ drops. Clearly, he shouldn't even be in the league, right?

No one is claiming Butler is the second coming, but pretending 23 targets is enough to make any sort of determination is ridiculous.

conner01

Reaction score
That seems like a terrible way to evaluate a receivers, especially based on a sample size of 23 targets and with zero actual context.

Noah Brown dropped 1 pass on 9 targets, if you extrapolate that to Dez's 132 targets, then that's 14+ drops. Clearly, he shouldn't even be in the league, right?

No one is claiming Butler is the second coming, but pretending 23 targets is enough to make any sort of determination is ridiculous.
I agree
But it is reality that through out his career he has had drop issues
A guy like Julio is always at the top of the league in drops, but he is also up there is targets
The more targets the more chances of drops
Total drop numbers aren’t a true measure
To me the best measure is pct of targets dropped
But with butler it is too small of a sample size
But with him you can look at his entire career and see it’s been an issue
To me that’s a concentration issue mostly and I would think that’s fixable somewhat
The kid has talent but needs to work on the weakness in his game

conner01

Reaction score
Garrett and Jerry Jones believes in the hierarchy theory. You pay Dez, you throw to Dez. You barely pay Butler, you don't throw to Butler and you also never win Super bowl titles anymore. If you want to see how good or how bad Butler is, just try going to him way more often, then you'll have your answer. 23 targets isn't the answer.
I think that’s was some of Dak issues this year
Many of those throws to dez were 50/50 jump balls and while that may be best option sometimes, many times the best option might be looking elsewhere

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Listening to Butler he’s pretty much saying Dallas isn’t big enough for him Dez. You can also tell he’s heard a lot of the criticisms of Dez. Butler’s talking about his own route running and that he’s faster than Dez. It’s like he’s saying he’s better than Dez. Julio and Antonio Brown were mentioned and in Butlers mind he thinks he could be right up there with those receivers if he got the targets. He believes it’s only money that has Dez and Twill playing ahead of him. Those two catches he made against Philly’s backups in the season finale has his head up in the clouds.

Satchel89

Reaction score
Whatever Butler got paid last season was too much. These players, I just want them to shut up. He shouldn't be worrying what someone else is making and maybe concentrate more on catching the ball.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
IMO, Butler gave the Cowboys fans gold be simply outing the receivers, which we've done, outing the play-calling, which we've done, and outing the coaches, which we've also done. It's nice to have inside confirmation. So Jerry's response will be the get rid of Butler, and keep going on with this same slop of receivers, coaches, and play calling.