Bring Beasley back home?

Adiba1977

Reaction score
Don’t particularly like the whiny guy but should we sign him for the slot if cooper and Gallup gone?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
We need a guy that can work the underneath routes like Beasley. He could get six feet of separation on a five yard out route.

Carson

Reaction score
Nahhhh.

Dude trash the team and everything about it when he left.

We need a guy that can work the underneath routes like Beasley. He could get six feet of separation on a five yard out route.

I will just take Adam Humphries then. Four years younger, fraction of the cost and no headaches

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Why? We already had this experiment before and Dak failed miserably unless we had a receiver that got 10 yards of separation.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
With a more accurate QB? Sure. But what's the point of bringing him back so Dak can throw 2-3 yards behind him on routes?

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Absolutely not. He clearly did not like it here, he’s talked about it in many different ways

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why? He avg 36 yards a game when he was here. We can get that from a lot of guys. IMO, Beasley was very overrated here. He’s a decent slot guy but costs way too much and frankly he’s old now. On top of all that he’s kind of a doofus.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even if the Cowboys would be the highest bidder, there is little (probably zero) chance he would want to come back to Dallas.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Why? He avg 36 yards a game when he was here. We can get that from a lot of guys. IMO, Beasley was very overrated here. He’s a decent slot guy but costs way too much and frankly he’s old now. On top of all that he’s kind of a doofus.

….but he’s a hell of a rapper! :muttley:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He doesn't wanna be here.

That’s exactly what I was going say! He trashed the team on Twitter after he left. He talked about how much better the facilities and everything else was in Buffalo. He went on a pretty good rant.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s exactly what I was going say! He trashed the team on Twitter after he left. He talked about how much better the facilities and everything else was in Buffalo. He went on a pretty good rant.
One thing I’ll say about Beasley…he pretty much made it clear when he got to Buffalo how much better the culture is there.

Reactions: KJJ

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
too small, dak needs a guy the size of Andre the giant, maybe even bigger for him to see him.
so I'd say nope.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Beasley is pretty good as a slot receiver. So on the good side, he's a known quantity. If getting 55 catches, 500 yards and 3 tds a year is what you're after, go get him.

On the bad side, however:
1. Considering the way he left Dallas, seriously doubt the coaches want him back. Guess he could apolgize and "all will be forgiven" but I don't see that.
2. He's 32 years old, also doubt he'd not want a multi-year contract and at that age it's a risk.
3. As a 10 year vet he has a minimum salary of over $1 million a year. Don't see Dallas, with their cap problems, they can pay a part time receiver that much.
4. His average production is a bit less than you want from your slot receiver, after 10 years he's not likely to start getting more production.
5. Assuming a starting receiver lineup of Lamb, Gallup and Wilson, plus Schultz, not to mention having Pollard and Zeke out of the backfield, doubt he'd get that many looks to justify a $1mil salary.

Always plenty of "undersized" undrafted receivers in any given year, pick one....