Video: Broaddus believes Earl will be a Cowboy **merged**

Pants

Reaction score
too many big contracts coming up to give him one now AS WELL AS a high draft pick...just too much...if they want to spend money on him, then 2019 when he won't cost a pick is the time (and the cost won't be quite as large since he is giving up this year)....I would love to see this guy back in our secondary, I just don't want to give up a higher pick and pay him a lot when we still have lawrence, Dak, other salaries to contend with soon

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think the seahags will make the trade not possible. They are asking for high of a draft pick and JJ or SJ won’t bend on that. We are building through our draft and need the picks.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I’m hopeful he’s traded to us but honestly I don’t see him sitting out and losing on big money. Supposed to make i think 10 million this season.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Just make it happen!!! I would love to finally see some good safety play in Dallas.

garyv

Reaction score
Not gonna lie. Hope we stay away from him.
1. Great player
2. Dont wanna give up picks.
3. Certainly dont wanna pay him 13m a season and hurt our cap.

I want lie our cap looks solid and to land the top Safety in the NFL i will be happy with Earl Thomas and don't mind giving a 2nd Rounder because I think the pick will be a low 2nd Rounder. I think Earl might even give us,a hometown discount. I like the fact he's a Cowboy lover and would play his heart out for the Boyz.

Jipper

Reaction score
At this point I wouldn't do more than a conditional 4th that could become a 3rd with playing time requirements....

sideon

Reaction score
this is the video im talking about. i don't follow the guy but this is the only one i watched before this one today...

Mark Holmes is one of the worst, every damn video he makes somehow ends up with him bashing Dez for no reason. If ET does become a Cowboy then that's a W for the defense, who by Fisher's take has really made the offense look like garbage during the mini camps. I don't know if that's good news about the defense or an indictment on the offense.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I just read a Rotoworld blurb, and it got me thinking.

-Seattle has apparently made zero progress in extending ET. They don't want to pay him.

-No one in the league was interested in meeting Seattle's asking price for a trade.

-Thomas wanting to play for the Cowboys is about the worst kept secret in pro football.

So Seattle wants him gone, and they're going to lower their asking price to do it. They will still have to be compensated for the "1 year rental" on Thomas they'd be losing, but I wonder if that price could be talked down closer to a 3rd or 4th now rather than the 1st or 2nd they were wanting earlier. And Thomas's desire to play for Dallas will help push away other teams from poking around and driving the trade price upward.

Thoughts?

lostar2009

Reaction score
I'll give them a 3rd next year at this point. That's more than a 3rd the following year. They Will either take it or its time to move on.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
They have been doing well rebuilding the last few years, I hope they dont repeat old mistakes and bring in a old high priced free agent. The youth movement has been looking good.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

-Seattle has apparently made zero progress in extending ET. They don't want to pay him.

-No one in the league was interested in meeting Seattle's asking price for a trade.

-Thomas wanting to play for the Cowboys is about the worst kept secret in pro football.

So Seattle wants him gone, and they're going to lower their asking price to do it. They will still have to be compensated for the "1 year rental" on Thomas they'd be losing, but I wonder if that price could be talked down closer to a 3rd or 4th now rather than the 1st or 2nd they were wanting earlier. And Thomas's desire to play for Dallas will help push away other teams from poking around and driving the trade price upward.

Thoughts?
Seattle was never going to get a 1st or 2nd for Thomas. Dallas offered their 3rd and Seattle didn't want to take it, if I was Dallas I wouldn't give anything more than a 4th or 5th. Seattle doesn't make the trade then sign him next off-season without giving anything up

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Thoughts?
If Seattle makes Earl available via trade then expect teams within our own division to make offers just to increase what we would have to give up to get Earl.