1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Broaddus DLaw trade scenario

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Mar 7, 2019.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

52,977 Messages
    20,861 Likes Received
    I doubt that this would facilitate a deal with Thomas, to be honest. I think it's more likely that the Cowboys might go out and try to sign a couple of DL FAs to bolster the Line.

JMO.

jjktkk likes this.
  2. thunderpimp91

thunderpimp91 Well-Known Member

1,242 Messages
    2,104 Likes Received
    Love tank, but if we can get a 1st and 3rd I'm all over that.

Especially if the FO would use that money saved to make a run at a top end safety in FA.

3. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

9,378 Messages
    5,677 Likes Received

4. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

9,378 Messages
    5,677 Likes Received
    William Maclay has been brilliant. I suspect we draft a safety. What we really need is that big ugly defensive tackle someone to push the center back into the quarterback's face. That's what we've been missing for the last. That's what we've been missing for the last 3 Seasons

5. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

15,960 Messages
    19,301 Likes Received
    A trade for a slightly lesser sack artist and a 3rd would suit me. :)

6. 408Cowboy

408Cowboy Well-Known Member

4,704 Messages
    6,116 Likes Received
    If he gets traded I hope the next player that gets tagged forces a second one. The FO has convinced everyone they weren't spending big in FA because they wanted to lock up the talent they drafted and developed. Everyone includes the team. They can't say all that for the last few years then play tag and trade with the first big deal that comes along. It sets a bad tone for all future deals involving the tag.

7. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

13,864 Messages
    20,360 Likes Received
    I wouldn’t.

Folks don’t realize how complete a player Lawrence is. I just rewatched the Seahawks playoff game and he was dominant against the run.

conner01 likes this.
  8. ccb04

ccb04 Well-Known Member

812 Messages
    460 Likes Received
    Colts would seem the much more feasible of the two teams. Jets have the 3rd overall pick -- don't see them giving up that selection alone, not to mention adding in their very early 3rd on top of it.
    The Jets may also have a shot at Bosa, etc.

The Colts obviously pick quite a bit later and also have the cap space as mentioned. Plus, their DC (Eberflus), is certainly familiar with Lawrence.

I want them to keep D-Law...so hope things get worked out. That said, if his demands are too crazy, it doesn't hurt to explore possibilities.

conner01 likes this.
  9. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

9,239 Messages
    9,329 Likes Received
    Is he elite? Did he ever take over games? He wants to be paid like a difference maker but does he really make a difference? I’m not sure! I thinks I’d take some nice draft picks and let him underachieve his contract somewhere else.

10. Future

Future Intramural Legend

23,716 Messages
    10,180 Likes Received
    Constantly. He's absolutely dominant on the DL. Sacks don't even tell half the story of how good he is. He's more impactfuly, play to play, than Ware ever was.

conner01 likes this.
  11. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

15,097 Messages
    23,974 Likes Received
    After all the trading it only gets you back to ground zero........THEN you hope that whoever you draft is anywhere close to what you traded away......when you draft a player that turns out to be the type of player you hoped he would be you don't trade them away and continue to chace your tail every year...................this just further shows this FO is in total disarray.

This also proves Jerry is a liar (not than anyone didn't already know).......after all the lip service he's spewed out the last couple of weeks about going all in this year blah blah blah is further proof his words are nowhere close to his actions.........hmmm...reminds me of somebody else that comes to mind.

12. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

46,526 Messages
    46,799 Likes Received
    They probably got that idea from reading CZ.

Hawkeye0202 likes this.
  13. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

62,771 Messages
    69,861 Likes Received
    A #1, a #3, and having $20 million a year to spend wherever? Yes please!

jjktkk and Hawkeye0202 like this.
  14. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

9,239 Messages
    9,329 Likes Received
    None of that says he is worth paying what he is demanding. Dominant compared to what else Dallas has? Yes. Dominant compared around the league and worthy of $22 million a year? I think not. I watched two playoff games last year and saw him do what amounts to nothing when the team needed him most. Great overall numbers but never around when the season is on the line. Sounds like a lot of past Cowboys who got paid way too much and never delivered in crunch time.

15. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

7,565 Messages
    19,530 Likes Received
    Hey neighbor. I feel like every month I find more and more members around here from Boise. :laugh:

Back to topic, I see the appeal in a trade to acquire draft loot, but, it's not like we are exactly blessed with a ton of Dline talent now. Who in the draft is worthy enough to replace him?

Tough decision.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    NorthwestDallas40 and Corso like this.
  16. StuckMojo

StuckMojo Well-Known Member

1,228 Messages
    1,545 Likes Received
    If him and Dak sign these big deals would they take up about 25% of cap space?

17. armadillooutlaw

armadillooutlaw Well-Known Member

2,050 Messages
    2,959 Likes Received
    I had the exact same thoughts in a post about an hour ago. Lol.
    Almost word for word.

18. ShortRound131

ShortRound131 Well-Known Member

13,318 Messages
    43,880 Likes Received
    Why would the Colts make that trade?

19. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

13,853 Messages
    17,985 Likes Received
    It's tough. I understand what D-Law brings to this team, but there are some high potential DT's in this draft. Clemson duo of Wilkins or Lawrence would be a nice add in the first round. Or Dre'mont Jones. Depending of course where the 1st lands.

Obviously taking a risk hoping that they pan out and or make an impact right away. Then you got that hole at LE and RE going to be filled by Tyrone Crawford, Taco Bell and Armstrong along with anyone else the team drafts or finds at the dollar store.

20. RodeoJake

RodeoJake Well-Known Member

2,525 Messages
    4,151 Likes Received
    If we ain't gonna meet his demands, I'd rather trade him than have a disgruntled Tank playing on a franchise tag.

Jeffkills likes this.