1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Broaddus DLaw trade scenario

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Mar 7, 2019.

1. kumizi

kumizi Well-Known Member

2,392 Messages
    3,191 Likes Received
    That's oversimplifying the situation.

The problem is whether you pay him like Mack or Donald considering his production and injury history.

2. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

6,579 Messages
    10,859 Likes Received
    Your scenario makes more sense, but we are talking Cowboys.

3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

53,031 Messages
    20,900 Likes Received
    Why do you think it makes no sense?

4. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

6,579 Messages
    10,859 Likes Received
    Think I wrote more sense.

5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

50,960 Messages
    47,279 Likes Received

True..

I guess we need to know his demands.

jjktkk likes this.
  6. charron

charron Well-Known Member

5,827 Messages
    6,146 Likes Received

Sign him or not we likely hear the same penny pinching crap from stephen. Just look at the 2 most important positions on offense QB and RB, neither have a backup capable of starting in case of injury.

7. ABQCOWBOY

53,031 Messages
    20,900 Likes Received
    I'm sorry, I honestly don't follow here. Are you saying that you think signing Thomas makes more sense then going out and signing Free Agent Defensive Lineman?

I think that discussion is different then what I said. I said that I don't believe that the Cowboys will use the cap that they save to sign Thomas. The question of what is the best usage of cap is a different discussion. I am simply saying that I don't think that's what the team will do. However, I do believe that it is probably more important to spend on the DL, especially if reports that Lawrence will not play under the tag are true.

northerncowboynation likes this.
  8. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

6,579 Messages
    10,859 Likes Received
    I agree with you that signing/drafting/trading for any DL help is priority one, especially considering the disarray of the Cowboys DE position.

However, Jerry could possibly see the potential loss of DLaw and all that cap money coming available as a opportunity to make that big splash with ET, get the Cowboys in the headlines all of season and sell tons of jerseys.

9. ABQCOWBOY

53,031 Messages
    20,900 Likes Received
    It's possible but from what I have seen reported, Thomas wants 15 mil and we are nowhere in that ball park. I just think they are looking at other positions but as you said, it's the Cowboys so who really knows?

10. Jeffkills

Jeffkills Well-Known Member

1,847 Messages
    2,365 Likes Received
    Nice little feather in your cap!

:dance:

Corso likes this.
  11. northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation Well-Known Member

7,926 Messages
    6,303 Likes Received
    Dez got tagged, held out, we buckled. I don't want to do that with Lawrence. In the end, we cut Dez and in between the deal and the cut we got crappy play from Dez. Make Tank an offer that is acceptable in eyes of the buyer. If not accepted move on. That's how I buy equipment. I don't low ball, I know what others are paying for top end and I start just below that. No deal? I walk. I have zero attachment

JustChip likes this.
  12. northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation Well-Known Member

7,926 Messages
    6,303 Likes Received
    ET shouldn't even be thought of in this discussion. He is wanting #1 safety money and D Law is wanting #1 DE money. If we aren't willing to go all in on Tank we certainly won't go all in on ET IMO. I see this getting nasty with Tank. Make him a good offer and if he laughs. let him laugh his way out. He's not Donald or Mack. If he and his family can't survive for a year on $21 mill and be content he's living life too large

13. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,795 Messages
    1,391 Likes Received
    Late 1st round picks gets you guys like Taco, you might hit on one and get a quality player but chances are you’re not going to get someone like Lawrence. Bad idea

14. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

16,520 Messages
    14,535 Likes Received
    Dallas MIGHT make that deal if and ONLY if they feel Tank can't be signed or if he refuses to play under the tag. In which case Dallas would sign him to the tag, then make that trade...but I feel the colts would have to send us a player too.

15. DHCBF66

DHCBF66 Benched

1,278 Messages
    1,555 Likes Received
    The Raiders are front runners for Antonio Brown from the Steelers. I dont think they would be interested in trading for D_Law. But then again, they traded away Cooper, a young stud just to turn around and pursue a 30 YO Brown....:huh:

Redball Express likes this.
  16. Rayman70

16,520 Messages
    14,535 Likes Received
    worth paying YES...worth selling the farm for, NO. Elite? not really...but he is darn good and been durable the last 2 years. He has been banged up though, which would concern me if I wanna sign him.

17. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

5,369 Messages
    1,476 Likes Received
    I heard they are starting a Taco buffet at the Charlton Inn & Suites. 1st come 1st served and cheap.

Rayman70 likes this.
  18. Rayman70

16,520 Messages
    14,535 Likes Received
    He is behaving like a bonehead not having that surgery. This will not win over the team that is negotiating a mega deal with you.Which is why I think hos agent should be fired on the spot. This clearly isn't Tanks way of doing things.

19. BigCatMonaco

BigCatMonaco Well-Known Member

1,169 Messages
    1,716 Likes Received
    He’s the best defensive end vs the run who accumulated as many sacks as he did.
    He outsacked Mack over the span of the last two seasons. Matched his interception. Matched his fumble recoveries. And he’s made considerbaly more plays on the run game and in goal to go situations/3rd and 4th downs.

Is mack elite?

20. JustChip

JustChip Zone Supporter

2,836 Messages
    2,430 Likes Received
    The Raiders got (2) 1st round picks, swapped a 2nd for a 3rd, and gave a condition 5th the following year in the Mack trade. A 1st & 3rd for D Law seems a little light in comparison.