Broaddus DLaw trade scenario

Rayman70

Reaction score
memo to Broaddus..**** or give us something tangible for once. Is this guy EVER right? He makes Mike Fisher look like a savant.:clap:

SSoup

Reaction score
We finally have an elite defensive end.
And now everyone says he’s not worth paying.
I mean, he was arguably only ever "elite" for the first half of one season. His only elite season, 2017, was comprised of a fluky 10.5-sack tear in the first half followed by a more quiet second half.

Before that elite 8-game stretch, he was just a nice player who was flaky (one 8-sack season sandwiched between 0-sack and 1-sack seasons).

After that elite 8-game stretch, he's been merely good. Certainly not elite.

In 2018, 16 players had more sacks than him. Plus another 4 exactly matched his 10.5 sacks. Paying a guy like he's the best in the game based on one 8-game stretch he can't repeat is pretty iffy.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
We finally have an elite defensive end.
And now everyone says he’s not worth paying.
No, that is not what we are saying, what we are saying is he is NOT WORTH MACK money....period. And if that is what he is wanting, TRADE his butt and move on.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Two timelines I'm watching, March 12 before the start free agency and week before the draft. If there's no long term deal by then, I certainly think he could be traded. FYI.....read a tweet that Jets and Colts have over $100M in cap space.

This would be THREE TIMES BETTER if the trade was with the Jets instead of Indy.

The 3rd overall pick is worth more than 3 times as much as the 26th pick.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It’s like trading Lawrence for a chance at Taco Charlton and being excited about all the money you’d save.
Just because the Cowboys botched the Charlton pick is bad logic for completely dismissing this notion.

It could have easily been T.J. Watt if we were halfway intelligent and did not have hangups on physical prototypes.

Rayman70

Reaction score
THIS MIGHT ACTUALLY HAVE SOME LEGS TO IT if the source of this scenario wasn't Bryan Broaddus. This guy is entertaining, but a bottom feeder. He and Colin Cowturd must read from the same playbook.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
You either draft and sign your own guys or you dont...

If we are never gonna do anything in FA than you need to sign your good players

Good players arent cheap

Sydla

Reaction score
Just because the Cowboys botched the Charlton pick is bad logic for completely dismissing this notion.

It could have easily been T.J. Watt if we were halfway intelligent and did not have hangups on physical prototypes.

And the reality is that as much as I like Lawrence and want him back, the Cowboys can't be held hostage by a DE. If he wants Mack money, then the Cowboys would be smart to entertain a tag and trade scenario. They would be negligent and doing this franchise a disservice if they did not.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Late 1st round picks gets you guys like Taco, you might hit on one and get a quality player but chances are you’re not going to get someone like Lawrence. Bad idea
I understand your angst, but Lawrence was a 2nd round pick. In a perfect world, Lawrence will get signed, but if his contract demands are thru the roof, you have to have contingency plans.

jjktkk

Reaction score
It’s like trading Lawrence for a chance at Taco Charlton and being excited about all the money you’d save.
You can't have it both ways. If you're gonna rip the Cowboys for drafting Taco, then you should be able to give them the benefit of the doubt that they can also pull off drafting a stud DE like DLAW, who, as you know, was taking in the 2nd round.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The chances of getting a Taco with the Colts 1 are a lot better than the chances of getting a Watt. And they wouldn’t get Thomas and/or Suh with that money anyway.
Wanna bet

20m goes towards 200m in contracts

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You either draft and sign your own guys or you dont...

If we are never gonna do anything in FA than you need to sign your good players

Good players arent cheap
Overpaying anyone because you are locked into one way of doing things is just as bad as missing in FA........ DLaw just isn't worth 20-23m for 4 years...... he is just another FA that we know a little better

ESisback

Reaction score
for whom? the colts or the cowboys? great idea for the cowboys. colts, not so much.

Which is why it probably won’t happen!

Pay him, people will freak. Don’t pay him, people will freak.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Ah to be a Cowboys fan. Years and years it took to find a big time pass rusher. Now they have him. A team leader, 26 years old. Let’s trade him for a couple picks so we can continue this 23 year rebuild.

Absolute madness.
Yeah a "team leader" that threatens to not have shoulder surgery until he gets paid. Me personally, I like my team leaders to act a little more professional, but that's just me

Ren

Reaction score
You know when DLaw was drafted right?

Hint- it wasn't the 1st round

People don’t usually win the lottery twice, it took 3 seasons for him to finally become a force who are you going to get that late in the draft that will be even 60% of what Lawrence is now in the next 2 or 3 seasons?

If our window is now then you don’t trade away our best defensive player for a 50/50 shot at getting someone half as good, specially at a position that is suddenly become a weakness

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
People don’t usually win the lottery twice, it took 3 seasons for him to finally become a force who are you going to get that late in the draft that will be even 60% of what Lawrence is now in the next 2 or 3 seasons?

If our window is now then you don’t trade away our best defensive player for a 50/50 shot at getting someone half as good, specially at a position that is suddenly become a weakness
You are also getting 20m+ in cap space

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Yeah a "team leader" that threatens to not have shoulder surgery until he gets paid. Me personally, I like my team leaders to act a little more professional, but that's just me

I partially agree but he held back because he knew Junior was going to be a cheap azz clown and franchise him. He was right!