Broaddus DLaw trade scenario

Whyjerry

Reaction score
memo to Broaddus..**** or give us something tangible for once. Is this guy EVER right? He makes Mike Fisher look like a savant.:clap:

I agree. I think Broaddus is a clown. His predictions and roster ideas are usually moronic.

SSoup

Reaction score
Just because the Cowboys botched the Charlton pick is bad logic for completely dismissing this notion.

It could have easily been T.J. Watt if we were halfway intelligent and did not have hangups on physical prototypes.
Also: it's dumb to complain about getting a late 1st rounder just because that's what Charlton was. Because Lawrence himself was a 2nd rounder. So, going by this logic, any pick in the 2nd round or higher should yield us another Demarcus Lawrence.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
We finally have an elite defensive end.
And now everyone says he’s not worth paying.

Cmon bro the demand is insane. Dallas has come too far to start doing such transactions imo.

And I'm a tank fan. But I do admire how the cowboys have pulled themselves from cap hell all of these years.

marius

Reaction score
The cowbows need to do this, why spend a lot of money in 1 player if they can sign 2?, example: trade DLaw for a 1st pick, and sign Trey Flowers DE and Malik Jackson DT, and bingo the defense will be much better,

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I’d take a 1 and a 3 and laugh all the way to the draft. I love Tank but he isn’t worth what he’s demanding and those picks could go a long way to helping the next head coach be successful.

I'm not sure Cowboys last DE picked at that spot didn't work out so well

cowboyec

Reaction score
Id rather have DLaw than not.
I do like Ed Oliver,tho.
But we've waited for a War Daddy.
We got one.
Lets keep him.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Dont underrate how important dlaw is as a leader. He helped form a brotherhood mentality on defense. Trading him away could alter that brotherhood.

Assuming he's asking for the moon, I'd be willing to risk the brotherhood since he disappeared for the last half of the season.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can't have it both ways. If you're gonna rip the Cowboys for drafting Taco, then you should be able to give them the benefit of the doubt that they can also pull off drafting a stud DE like DLAW, who, as you know, was taking in the 2nd round.

I absolutely can have it both ways. I love it when woofers ticket pays off. It doesn’t mean I expect all lottery tickets to pay off. Or that the chances of one paying off are better if I buy it again in the same store I bought it last time.

817Gill

Reaction score
While the trade would be great, I worry the significance it will play in the locker room. Tank is such a huge leader and tone setter. If he’s not on this team next year guys might start to look around wondering who’s next.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everybody, just hold your water. Everything that’s transpired so far ought to have been expected. They’ll get Tank done eventually and then everybody can complain about market rate for toon DEs and we can move on to worrying about Cooper or Zeke’s extension.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
D Law is the guy who will be doing Instagram posts telling you how great he is while teams who aren't paying him play in championship games.

ghst187

Reaction score
I thought he tweeted that he wanted 20 million?!?
Seemed like we’d do that deal and move on..?
Is he asking for more than that?
He wants 22-23 million he’s just silly.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Two timelines I'm watching, March 12 before the start free agency and week before the draft. If there's no long term deal by then, I certainly think he could be traded. FYI.....read a tweet that Jets and Colts have over $100M in cap space.

I had this in a mock draft a month ago but had dalla getting the Colts 1st and their early 2nd.
I love Tank, I live in Boise where he played college, and I hope we re-sign him. That being said, I would take a 1 and a 3 in a heartbeat. Yes, D Law is one of the top 5 edge rushers in the league. But this is a different NFL. Edge rush is not the be all and end all of pressure. In fact, in today's NFL, interior pressure seems more important. And if D Law is insisting on more than $20m per year (my assumption), I would rather use a #1 pick on a DL that I will have for cheap for 5 years and use the $20m on other free agents.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
They only have one more year of Jaylon Smith. They need to sign him now for whatever Mosely gets. Lawrence is a great player but I don’t think allocating $21mm to a defensive end not named Watt, Mack or Miller is smart.

Take what you can get and move on.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I’d take a 1 and a 3 and laugh all the way to the draft. I love Tank but he isn’t worth what he’s demanding and those picks could go a long way to helping the next head coach be successful.
Yup sign me up.