Broaddus is high on Shaquem Griffin

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
same thing were said about Jaylon Smith, right?

Some perhaps? I was floored that we took him over Myles Jack, but he is on the Cowboys now so not much I can do about that.

Please note that I do NOT want Griffin drafted by the Dallas Cowboys. Griffin deserves better than that. He will probably be drafted in the 6th/7th by a 3-4 defense or by Seattle to groom for their SS role.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I was probably one of Broaddus' last supporters but the stuff he says is indefensible now.

He jumped the shark when he claimed Maliek Collins was better at the 1-tech than the 3.

He seems really uninformed when I listen to him on the Draft Show with Dane, moreso this season than ever before.

John813

Reaction score
Depending on what round, I would like the pick.

Dude has a non stop motor. Played very well at UCF and wasn't some token guy on the field to have a feel good story for their season. He played a role in their undefeated season. From what me and my brother(@UCF) have seen he has good instincts and seems to be a smart player/reading plays.
Now obviously the lack of a hand will be magnified, has issues overcoming blocks and he is on the small side for a linebacker (6'1 220lb).
But he has excellent closing speed and is a sideline to sideline LB.

Definitely is a WILL backer, but IMO we have two already in Smith and Lee.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't see how you can't appreciate the player.

He will want it more than anyone else on the field.

I personally think his floor is ST demon, his ceiling, a real OLB.

His nub, it is powerful.

^^^this .....exactly why I think he'll start in this league one day

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Love the kid ( started a thread ) .......I'd move to SS
If you a run and tackle, you can play defense. Despite his limitation, this has proven he can play at a high collegiate level. I don't much different than playing with a cast on hand. Will he miss some plays, sure he will but I'm betting make more than he misses. Just think his instinct, speed and heart make up for missing one hand. With three 4th round picks, I'd use one to draft him in a heartbeat.

gmoney112

Reaction score
High on Shaquem Griffin?

Huh.. never heard of that strain.

Sounds good though.

Pants

Reaction score
Broaddus like, I don't

we have 10 picks as of right now...lets' see what Richard (is that pronounced "ree-shard"?, I thought I heard that) thinks of him and if he likes him, then give a later pick for him - I am ALL for letting Richard having A LOT of input into any defensive picks since it appears that he will get the key to the DC job at some point when methuselah retires...minimally a strong-looking ST guy...but, you don't hand over the safety spot to him because it is a feel good story (ok, sorry for that one)

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
I’d take him in round 6-7, everyone says he has talent... but when it comes to it he only has one hand, what happens when a RB comes at him in the open field? He can’t rap up. Or a Guard gets to the 2nd level? I’d take him for his ability to play ST. A player like him could be a major leader in a locker room.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Broaddus like, I don't

we have 10 picks as of right now...lets' see what Richard (is that pronounced "ree-shard"?, I thought I heard that) thinks of him and if he likes him, then give a later pick for him - I am ALL for letting Richard having A LOT of input into any defensive picks since it appears that he will get the key to the DC job at some point when methuselah retires...minimally a strong-looking ST guy...but, you don't hand over the safety spot to him because it is a feel good story (ok, sorry for that one)
It is.

DanA

Reaction score
I don't get how people are watching this guy and saying UDFA and ST only guy.

JPP playing college had 45 tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks and 1 Int and that was as a pure pass rusher with two good hands. Even after blowing up his hand with just two years to get used to it he's come back to have an 8 sack season and gotten himself paid a 4-year 66m contract. How is JPP's mangled hand any better than what Griffin has?

And Shaqeem Griffin has had a dominate two season in the FBS. The last two seasons he's averaged 83 tackles, 16.75 for loss, 9.25 sacks, 1 int, 5 PD's, 2 FF, 2 FR's. I get that it's a pretty big jump in quality but he's better than an ST only guy. Watch him utterly destroy Auburn and tell me he could play SAM. I'd take him as early as the 4th and I bet the Giants are the team that draft him.....probably much earlier than anybody else.

Verdict

Reaction score
I was probably one of Broaddus' last supporters but the stuff he says is indefensible now.

He jumped the shark when he claimed Maliek Collins was better at the 1-tech than the 3.

He seems really uninformed when I listen to him on the Draft Show with Dane, moreso this season than ever before.

He is a likeable guy but he doesn't seem to have much of a clue what he is talking about.

bodi

Reaction score
sorry I just don't see it

but will be probably be our 4 round pick