Broaddus like the idea of Golden Tate as a Cowboy

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
tenor.gif
I remember when people would call each other "dog" all the time...
I wonder how that would work out in this day and age?

I'm doing it. Starting today.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Always liked Tate's game coming out of college but at this point, I'd rather Cooper in the slot if Beasley doesn't come back..

I like Cooper in the slot for 3rd downs. He can break in both directions. Causes problems for coverage assignments too.

And our depth is now at true WR, instead of using roster spots on the little gimmick players. We want to be a run team. Big or fast works for us for all downs. Small and not so fast is only to convert downs.

Although this year we had a 100 WRs, we're usually skimping at true wideout. I'd rather be developing more true wideouts on the roster.

One problem with Cooper in the slot. Dak stays away from the middle. It's mostly on the edges, short or sidelines. I worry some about Dak being hesitant to pull the trigger in the middle of the field, and Cooper getting underused in the slot.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I certainly would take Tate over Cobb. Would take Crowder over both of them.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Good football player. We’re not a strong passing team so for the right price he would be a great Beasley replacement.

LOL......so your answer to improve a team that needs to be better at passing to do nothing? Great advice.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for someone to hurt him for payback on Lee
:muttley:

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
Tate, Gallup and Cooper would be a nice trio. You can use a lot more motion with guys who can play the slot and lineup outside.

EST_1986

Reaction score
LOL......so your answer to improve a team that needs to be better at passing to do nothing? Great advice.
We can bring in 400 hall of fame receivers, line them all up and down the line of scrimmage but if the QB can't hit them wide open, whats the point?

Big_D

Reaction score
Honestly what separates Tate from guys like Humphries and Beasley is his ability to lineup anywhere. Could be a nice weapon. He'll be 31 in August, but if the price is right, the offense could get a boost.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
Respect that dude.

Sign him.

Beasley needs to move on and go play for a bottom feeding team with cap to spare for his limited skills.

I used to like Beasley but he has outlived his welcome.[/QUOTE
I’ll pass on another 30 year old show boat.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We can bring in 400 hall of fame receivers, line them all up and down the line of scrimmage but if the QB can't hit them wide open, whats the point?

Ah, another Dak troll. Ignore. Poof your gone!!!

EST_1986

Reaction score
Ah, another Dak troll. Ignore. Poof your gone!!!
I'm not a Dak "troll", Dak is just not a good quarterback. A lot of it is the coaching staff doesn't game plan towards his strengths. They have him out there slinging the ball, and throwing isn't one of the things he excels at.