Broaddus like the idea of Golden Tate as a Cowboy

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bottom line he's a luxury we can't afford ......

hqg-2426.gif

ShiningStar

Reaction score
How do?

We have Cooper and Gallup.

If Beasley walks who replaces him?

Are you really banking on Noah Brown or Cedric Wilson being a real factor?

Beasly is a chain mover who we dont use correctly as it is, replaceing him is less a priority than safety and defensive play right now. Who are you going to always keep getting the ball to? Dont worry, its like every other piece, you really wont miss him, try it for once instead of thinking every player is irreplacable.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure what kind of money they want to spend on WR.
Chances are we will have TWills and Beasley's money available to a WR.
That might also take into account how they feel about Hurns.

I would say if they liked Tate at a Slot WR and they did not bring Twill and Beasley back and depending on how they feel about Hurns or Austin....I could see them possibly looking at spending on a decent 1-3 year deal for someone like a Tate.

That woudl give them Cooper, Gallup, Tate , Brown, Austin(if he is kept) and Wilson who was on IR plus any WR they might draft.

Sydla

Reaction score
We like our guys.

He'd be awesome here in the slot. But he's going to cost too much, more than Beasley.

HungryLion

Reaction score
1. Tate is a good player. But he will be too expensive as our slot receiver.

2. He is a huge d-bag.

So considering those factors. I would prefer the tea draft somebody or sign somebody else in free agency. If they are going to spend that much money on a slot WR. I’ll take the younger Humphries from the TB Bucs instead.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure what kind of money they want to spend on WR.
Chances are we will have TWills and Beasley's money available to a WR.
That might also take into account how they feel about Hurns.

I would say if they liked Tate at a Slot WR and they did not bring Twill and Beasley back and depending on how they feel about Hurns or Austin....I could see them possibly looking at spending on a decent 1-3 year deal for someone like a Tate.

That woudl give them Cooper, Gallup, Tate , Brown, Austin(if he is kept) and Wilson who was on IR plus any WR they might draft.

With that group, you'd be looking at having $30 million invested in your wide receiver corps. I don't see how the Cowboys or anyone else could afford that.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With that group, you'd be looking at having $30 million invested in your wide receiver corps. I don't see how the Cowboys or anyone else could afford that.

If you let Williams, Beasley go and you choose between Austin and Hurns to let go if not let both go.
I am not sure how much it would be.

One thing is clear however.

They are either going to stick with the run zeke run zeke pass to zeke and pass to the other guys offense...OR they are going to be more pass happy with Moore.

If they are going to be more pass happy with more and Dak...they better make sure they got guys that will instill confidence with Dak or he will not throw their way.

Tate would be that type of WR IMO....IF they let beasley go.

I think it comes down to if they can keep beasley cheaper than they can get a guy like tate. And it does not have to be Tate himself. Just a slot wr that has good hands that is dependable.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you let Williams, Beasley go and you choose between Austin and Hurns to let go if not let both go.
I am not sure how much it would be.

Austin is a free agent, along with Beasley. There's no cap room to let go.

Williams and Hurns being cut saved you $7.5 million.

One thing is clear however.

They are either going to stick with the run zeke run zeke pass to zeke and pass to the other guys offense...OR they are going to be more pass happy with Moore.

If they are going to be more pass happy with more and Dak...they better make sure they got guys that will instill confidence with Dak or he will not throw their way.

Tate would be that type of WR IMO....IF they let beasley go.

I think it comes down to if they can keep beasley cheaper than they can get a guy like tate. And it does not have to be Tate himself. Just a slot wr that has good hands that is dependable.

This is just my opinion, but given the needs at all of the other positions, and the big contracts involved, I don't think this team has the luxury of paying big money for a slot receiver. I think they'd have to get by on the cheap there.

That's why if it were me? I'd re-sign Tavon Austin for the role today for about $3 or $4 million and then look to the draft for say a guy like Hunter Renfrow in round four to man the position in the future.

I think Cooper's contract extension will averag to at least $17 million a year, and if you're paying top 5 money to one guy, you have to go cheap at the other spots.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think Cobb would be?

Considering he's been paid a contract that averaged $10 million a year? Yes, I do. To say nothing of the fact that he's been an oft-injured disappointment since he signed it.

Funny that you should bring up Cobb, because I expected the Packers to cut him and sign Beasley to replace him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Considering he's been paid a contract that averaged $10 million a year? Yes, I do. To say nothing of the fact that he's been an oft-injured disappointment since he signed it.

Funny that you should bring up Cobb, because I expected the Packers to cut him and sign Beasley to replace him.

Possible. I could see that move for him and hm. Cobb to me represents the aging/injured receiver sort of like Hurns last year that could be cheap.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
As long as Sean Lee stays the hell away from him.

Plankton

Reaction score
Tate is a huge d-bag?

People are still butt hurt by a hard block from 7 years ago that if the jerseys were reversed on the play, they would be cheering.

Tate is a good, hard nosed, physical player who would bring some needed dawg to the Cowboy offense. Off the field, he's a really good dude who does a lot to support the military. Nothing not to like about the guy. That being said, I think there's no chance in hell he ends up in Dallas because they won't pay what he's looking for.