Broaddus: McCarthy doesn't "breathe" football 24/7, not a difference maker

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Wasn't it Jerry that wouldn't hire that old, respected coach because he wanted him to punch in and out with a time card to prove he was working?
He publicly wanted Romo to live football like Peyton?

I think Jerry wants his peeps on his payroll to at least act like they're living football.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This will be good (lol)

giphy.gif

MikeB80

Reaction score
Pretty funny. He has been referring to McCarthy as a "Gym Coach" since the season ended. I heard him last week tell a caller that someone in GB told him exactly what he would do here and how he would react in certain situations and brian said it is exactly what happened.

funny stuff. Broaddus was begging for garrett to get fired in 2012, he wanted wade fired in 07....now mccarthy.

meanwhile he has been fired by the cowboys twice! He doesn't even work there anymore and if he keeps it up he will get fired a third time!!

MikeB80

Reaction score
Wasn't it Jerry that wouldn't hire that old, respected coach because he wanted him to punch in and out with a time card to prove he was working?

I think Jerry wants his peeps on his payroll to at least act like they're living football.

just because I hate when people say this out of context....The thing with jerry on romo was about jerry acknowledging the importance of romo needing to have more of a say in the offense...which is what romo kept asking for. When Jerry said that he was essentially saying we are giving romo the power the salesman in hicksville indiana had at the time.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Just me, but the man is just in his 2nd year. The first was compromised by COVID19 and some are ready to run him out of town. What 9 years with Garrett.......can we at least give MM 2 or 3? Geez..........

I think, for me at least, the impression is that McCarthy is past his peak as a head coach. His last couple years in Green Bay that team underachieved, and look what they did when they brought in a young, up and coming coach.

McCarthy did a job when they won their SB. Green Bay had 16 guys on IR that season. Yeah, they had Rodgers, but they also had a lot of backups playing. Have to give the coach some credit there, but that was over a decade (and 50 pounds) ago. Is McCarthy still that coach, or just a 50-something guy happy to get another gig?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Dan reeves?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
just because I hate when people say this out of context....The thing with jerry on romo was about jerry acknowledging the importance of romo needing to have more of a say in the offense...which is what romo kept asking for. When Jerry said that he was essentially saying we are giving romo the power the salesman in hicksville indiana had at the time.
Well then...
I'm sorry to tickle the hairs on the back of your neck.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think, for me at least, the impression is that McCarthy is past his peak as a head coach. His last couple years in Green Bay that team underachieved, and look what they did when they brought in a young, up and coming coach.

McCarthy did a job when they won their SB. Green Bay had 16 guys on IR that season. Yeah, they had Rodgers, but they also had a lot of backups playing. Have to give the coach some credit there, but that was over a decade (and 50 pounds) ago. Is McCarthy still that coach, or just a 50-something guy happy to get another gig?

I actually agree with some of this......just think don't we fully evaluate any HC off the first season.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
Broaddus really rips our head coach here in the midst of answering a few other questions. Give it a listen. The McCarthy stuff starts at 2:20 and then comes back to it at 3:40.

So what were Broaddus comments when MM was first hired? Oh wait, was he already gone from the Boys org.?