Broaddus: McCarthy doesn't "breathe" football 24/7, not a difference maker

blueblood70

Reaction score
Broaddus really rips our head coach here in the midst of answering a few other questions. Give it a listen. The McCarthy stuff starts at 2:20 and then comes back to it at 3:40.

so??????????????

what this pile on MM Saturday.. SMH

thats rights i forget where i am fans in here believe they can coach, gm, play, workout, and many other delusional things better then a pro team with actual experience, most with lifetime experiences...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Time will tell but no one has had the success we were hoping for this era under Jethro and Son dysfunctional organization.

I’m not sure I’d hold MIkey anymore accountable than the rest of our puppets this era. Parcells was my last great hope.

Our greatest hope remains that we have enough talent to overcome this horribly ran franchise.

Aven8

Reaction score
Blah blah blah…….Broaddus thinks his crap don’t stink. He’s really got annoying since he’s on the Fan full time now……

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And yet Broadband thief continues.

Speaking of breathe.....you rob us humans who deserve to breathe.

Apologies.....I do not like this dude. Not personally, he stinks as a sports "Writer".

JMO, Of course.

Well, I was never a fan of yours either.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time will tell but no one has had the success we were hoping for this era under Jethro and Son dysfunctional organization.

I’m not sure I’d hold MIkey anymore accountable than the rest of our puppets this era. Parcells was my last great hope.

Our greatest hope remains that we have enough talent to overcome this horribly ran franchise.

This post couldn't be more right.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I agree with Broaddus completely. I have yet to see anything he does translate into a decision that is a difference in winning a game. A HC has to have a signature trait that makes them winners. It must be decisions in close games..playcalls in key situations..outsmarting the coaches across from him on the sidelines. McCarthy had Farve and Rodgers. Doubt Dak ever reaches those guys in rep. Just saying.
When he abdicated play calling to Moore it sealed the deal that he was reluctant to do what he was hired for. I realize Dak had some influence in keeping Moore. But still..MCarthy said when he was hired he was installing a West Coast offense which was tabled and Moore elevated to OC when it should have been MC Carthy. Totally slight of hand for McCarthy.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Ask him about his thoughts on the players who don't breathe football 24/7. Like guys with the side hustles......shoe lines, and clear visions, and making rap music.
Maybe don't ask him. He might not like that question, or the answer might not be what you think.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Funny...I was ripping this hire....and caught hell for it.....less than 2 years later......people are running him out of Dallas. :laugh:

Told you people....he sucked. We were so eager to get rid of Garrett.....Regardless.....the new HC is already here....in Kellen....so I'm not panicking.

Brax

Reaction score
"Not a difference maker" is why I felt meh over the hire. It didn't move the needle for me and it still hasn't. We'll see what he does this season.
This season should tell a lot on many fronts but I believe that with Jerry running the show the result will be more of the same.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why does this surprise anyone? What was the one thing at the top of the owner's list of requirements? Make him comfortable. Think McC didn't know that? That's what he did in 12 hours.

Think that's on Kraft's list? Think other owners or GMs are concerned about their comfort level. Do they try and hire a guy to please them or their fans?

And it can get contentious as it did between Young and Parcells, Harbaugh and the SF GM and Roseman and Pederson. But it begins with hiring the right guy.

No HC is ever going to succeed in Dallas unless he is allowed to install his own culture, it must be his team. And that is not going to happen as long as Booger runs the show.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
When he abdicated play calling to Moore it sealed the deal that he was reluctant to do what he was hired for. I realize Dak had some influence in keeping Moore. But still..MCarthy said when he was hired he was installing a West Coast offense which was tabled and Moore elevated to OC when it should have been MC Carthy. Totally slight of hand for McCarthy.

You're assuming those decisions were McCarthy's to make. No matter what Jerry may have said publicly, I doubt that's the case.

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
I'm not at all shocked or bothered that the man has a life outside football. I've never liked how the media now wants to be all in coaches or players personal business.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Maybe lets give the guy a real TC and un historic injured season before we lynch him.