Twitter: Broaddus: MM refused to help KM with postseason offense

Dre11

Reaction score
There has been no independent corroboration of the whole "refused to help" narrative so I'd slow down on the condemnation of McCarthy.. I seriously doubt he's out there letting his team lose just so he could say "I told you so" to Jerry about Moore.. I mean that kind of thinking only occurs on the internet. McCarthy would have to know that if the team loses he is the one who is going to get blamed for it regardless. My take on it is that Moore has been running this offense for over a decade dating back to his time in Detroit with Linehan and McCarthy was just introduced to it last year.. As such, McCarthy kinda HAS to lean on Moore when it comes to "how it's supposed to work." I don't think he feels qualified yet to challenge specific components of the offense.. but he SHOULD step in and say "run the damn ball, Kellen" more than he does.. after which of course Kellen invariably sends in the delay handoff up the middle with the center not assigned to block the middle linebacker and the tight end assigned to block the backside DE... and then after the play gets blown up he looks back at McCarthy and says: "See the running game doesn't work! Now leave me the F alone.."

6:20 mark ,Mike helps he just isn't taking any shine away from Kellen when he was hot.

Dre11

Reaction score
My understanding it's not unusual for head coaches to give their coordinators complete control but if something not working, the buck stops with him. So this take by MM is a bit surprising.

6:20 mark.

Mike and Kellen talk strategy

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The one thing that makes me happy that I am not in sports is people actually call me by name and not my initials

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My understanding it's not unusual for head coaches to give their coordinators complete control but if something not working, the buck stops with him. So this take by MM is a bit surprising.

For all the justified criticism McCarthy, just a reach, and frankly piling on. The offensive production is on Moore, and you have to let him control the offense. When McCarthy is dictating the offense to Moore, then we have a bigger problem

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
RIGHT! I Mean if he's not doing that....what the hell do we have MM here for then?
Do you think it’d boil down to some trivial and childish stuff such as McCarthy being offended that Moore was handed play calling duties, so McCarthy wanted to prove a point to Jerry that Kellen isn’t ready? Would Surely McCarthy wouldn’t be willing to sabotage an entire season, but who knows.

loublue22

Reaction score
What do you 3ver see Belichek do most times but stand there. Doesn't mean they do nothing, you don't see the entire aideline all game, and they have headsets to talk to coaches during the game
I see Belichick talking to guys all the time, he'll go spend 10 minutes talking to the defense and ignore an entire offensive possession.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Here's my opinion. McCarthy took the job and he could pick his staff but had to keep Moore. Slowly and surely, Jerry and/or Stephen started interfering and McCarthy will be content to collect the check.

cowboysdoomsday

Reaction score
This is the issue with this organization (well on eof them).

Everyone knows Jerry is in charge, not the head coach. Therefore, there is no accountability when it comes to what the head coach wants. If people have issues they take it to Jerry, not the head coach.

Jerry can't help himself. He has to meddle into everything. Garrett said pretty much the same thing about similar things (saying its that particular coordinators call and he stays out of it).

If the head coach doesn't have complete control they will never be able to hold players or other coaches accountable.

Dre11

Reaction score
I see Belichick talking to guys all the time, he'll go spend 10 minutes talking to the defense and ignore an entire offensive possession.

Lol you barely see that man move, he stands there with that blank stare.

Zman5

Reaction score
Most valuable sports franchise in the world yet it's ran like a corner mom and pop store. :facepalm:

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Not saying that the headline in this tweet is accurate, but I have read a few different sources that say McCarthy is known to be a little bit on the lazy side for an NFL head coach. He isn't involved much in any particular aspect of the team just because he doesn't want to be. I am fine with that until the ship is sinking the way it was on offense the last 10 weeks. Unacceptable if it is true that Big Mac wouldn't step in and force Kellen to run the ball more, change certain elements of his game plan, etc.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not saying that the headline in this tweet is accurate, but I have read a few different sources that say McCarthy is known to be a little bit on the lazy side for an NFL head coach. He isn't involved much in any particular aspect of the team just because he doesn't want to be. I am fine with that until the ship is sinking the way it was on offense the last 10 weeks. Unacceptable if it is true that Big Mac wouldn't step in and force Kellen to run the ball more, change certain elements of his game plan, etc.

Not if its the same source but I actually read a couple tweets implying the same thing........suggesting he wasn't the hardest working coach you'll ever see. Of course it's speculation but the playoff penalty issues are on him, plain and simple.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not if its the same source but I actually read a couple tweets implying the same thing........suggesting he wasn't the hardest working coach you'll ever see. Of course it's speculation but the playoff penalty issues are on him, plain and simple.

I 100% agree. Your head coach sets the tone for the whole team and the last thing we need is another guy contributing more to the country club vibe of this franchise.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Stuff like this is why I don't think MM is cut out for this job. Why are you letting your ship go down without trying to fix it? You're a offensive mind right? It goes back to his hiring of MIke Nolan...why would you let Mike Nolan ruin your first season? I just don't understand.
He's weak.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
This is misleading.....if mm was asked by a reporter will you help out the offense in the playoffs because Of the recent slump and he responds “no that’s kellens job” that’s not him refusing to help. Lol. Him refusing to help would be Kellen asking him and him saying no.

broaddus is playing very loose with this.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I agree. As much as MM publicly says he likes KM, behind close doors he is irritated that he didnt get to pick his own Offensive Coordinator. He held KM accountable as a result.
that and be able to call plays if he wants to. At GB he was play caller except for one partial season.
He is always holding a play sheet, but that is meaningless.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
In fairness to MM, Kellen isn't his hire, that's Jerry's boy and this is what happens when you don't allow a HC to hire his own people. So Jerry, this is on you sir.