Twitter: Broaddus: MM refused to help KM with postseason offense

LittleD

Reaction score
KM is the new JG and Jerry's boy. Touch him in any way and you die. Jerry, the "Puppet Master" keeps pulling the strings and turning this franchise into the next Jacksonville.

RD21

Reaction score
I am starting to feel more and more like the Dak/Moore marriage needs to break up. I think Moore has a vision of how offense is supposed to work and shares that vision with Dak who eats it up.. because he believes Moore is "genius." Yet the offense almost always works best in hurry up and no huddle, when the primary play caller is none other than Dak Prescott.. This is similar to how it used to go with Garrett and Romo..

Garrett was/is also a "smart football mind" who would send in stuff that looked great on paper.. but would too often get shut down by better defensive coordinators.. and the offense would take off once we were far enough behind that we had to go no huddle and let Romo call the plays.. Romo couldn't always execute the complicated crap that Garrett would send in and frankly some of what was sent in sucked. But he knew what he COULD execute and he could see where the weak points were in the defense.. especially in those last 2-3 seasons he was here.

People older than 50 will remember that back in the day nearly ALL QB's called their own plays. They were the ones who could look the linemen in the eye and see who was ready to kill the man in front of him.. and also see the fear in the eyes of a receiver who was about to be asked to go over the middle. Back then if a QB found a favorable matchup HE could call the same play to exploit it until the other team adjusted instead of having some genius on the sidelines in a hurry to display his next amazing play design..

If this team is to get where it wants to go.. Dak needs to take ownership of the offense and take it out of Kellen Moore's hands. Moore may be brilliant.. but the crap floating around in his head doesn't work against smarter DCs. If I see a team station their DBs at strategic points and then watch our route combinations basically RUN RIGHT TO THEM one more time I'm gonna hurt somebody. It's like the infield shift in baseball.. They know exactly where our guys are going before we finish lining up.
I agree with your take Ronnie. I'll add to it. There's no fear of being unemployed in Dak or Moore. Nobody is holding either accountable. I believe they both want to win, but who's in their faces..? Who's telling them what they are doing wrong..? Who's letting them know if they don't perform, they are out..? Moore knows he's Garrett 2.0, & Jerry's pet. He doesn't answer to MM, he answers to JJ. Dak knows he has the leverage of his contract. So, who makes either of these guys uncomfortable ? Discipline & fear are strong motivators. I don't think Kellen, or Dak experience either.

I don't think Kellen Moore is the genius some like to say. I think his offense is predictable. He pulls a rabbit out of the hat once in awhile, but overall, he's far from great imo. He'll be exposed in short order if he gets a HC gig. He doesn't carry himself like a man that would command respect from a room full of men. While I think Dak falls short of great, I think he's good enough to win with. However, I don't think he can get us to the promised land without great coaching, play calling, & scheming.

Does anybody doubt our season would've ended differently, with better play calling, better time management, & better discipline..? How many of our losses might've been wins, without the penalties, if we had another timeout, or better in game adjustment..? Most of that is coaching related. Hard to win without focus, & accountability. We've never had success without either.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Anytime there's a disfunction between the HC and the OC, your offense is in trouble. To me, this appears to be what's happening in Frisco lately. I believe MM has been told by JJ to allow Kellen Moore autonomy with the OC functions. I do believe he was only too happy to concur with that, what with being understandably resentful of that awkward situation. It just seems to me that there's a distinctly uncomfortable setup being forced upon MM. Isn't that what you're likely to get from a GM with poor judgment? :oops:

Last edited:

Cmac

Reaction score
Stuff like this is why I don't think MM is cut out for this job. Why are you letting your ship go down without trying to fix it? You're a offensive mind right? It goes back to his hiring of MIke Nolan...why would you let Mike Nolan ruin your first season? I just don't understand.
rocyaice......you're forgetting MM has no control on staff. He was probably hired with conditions......staff remaining despite his preference. Agree, he should have snatched the tablet from Nolan and handed to someone else. (ALL MM on that). Also, if KMoore is the Wonder or Guru.......isn't that an indictment on JJ and KMoore to continue with business as usual, yet no accountability at all. All we've heard Dak can't read D, Zeke is done. Then do something about it, instead of MM getting the blame now, alone.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This was Moores Offense. He failed. MM could have told him to call slants or shorts passes and runs outside in the second half to get the Offense going. Maybe a no huddle.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
rocyaice......you're forgetting MM has no control on staff. He was probably hired with conditions......staff remaining despite his preference. Agree, he should have snatched the tablet from Nolan and handed to someone else. (ALL MM on that). Also, if KMoore is the Wonder or Guru.......isn't that an indictment on JJ and KMoore to continue with business as usual, yet no accountability at all. All we've heard Dak can't read D, Zeke is done. Then do something about it, instead of MM getting the blame now, alone.
If this is true then I stand by my statement he’s not the coach for this team. Nothing against the guy I think he did do some good things last year….but if he doesn’t have control of his team or t he power to make coaching decisions….he’s not the guy for this team.

Brax

Reaction score
For all the justified criticism McCarthy, just a reach, and frankly piling on. The offensive production is on Moore, and you have to let him control the offense. When McCarthy is dictating the offense to Moore, then we have a bigger problem
Like he dictated to Nolan? We will most likely never know who's at fault for the O but MM has always been a pass first the run mean little to nothing, sound familiar. No matter how you slice it if the HC wants to win, he does what's best for the team to achieve that goal, So I conclude from this, MM saw nothing wrong with the play calling, He was calling the plays, or he just doesn't want the responsibility of being to blame. it all falls on MM.

Brax

Reaction score
Fat Mike didn’t like being told he had to keep wonder boy when he got hired so he let the kid sink or swim on his own.

Such a well run organization, LMAO
So he told more than one lie at that interview.

Brax

Reaction score
The true MM is finally being exposed. He is a low IQ coach with a big lazy streak. He missed team functions in Green Bay to get a massage. why would anybody think he was going to change in Dallas?
Jerry probably has a masseuse brought in for him to the star.