Twitter: Broaddus: MM refused to help KM with postseason offense

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Even if Booger did order or suggest Moore handle all of the offense, McC should know it is his job to take the sword for his coaching staff, not a good look for any HC to do this.

Couple this with McC's comments about it would be a mistake to fire him and he knows how to win and a sense of paranoia seems to be creeping in. We'll know for sure if he begins to lose weight. That's a sign he doesn't trust the food around his coaches or players.

How many coaches have you even heard use the f word, fire, after the season? This is a really bad look for the entire organization and could it be that he is trying to get fired and take his walk away money? It has not gone well with the local media since he arrived and he seems to be constantly on the defense, which is better than I can say for his team.

I don't think he wanted Moore or Quinn and he's started to realize he's getting surrounded by his replacements.

:lmao:

Portnoy1

Reaction score
MM may not be able to tell Kellen too much. It seems like his job is secured by Jerry. Which that makes things hard on the HC. On the flip side I highly doubt Jerry didn't tell him Prior to hiring that KM had to be kept. MM wanted a job so bad so he took it. I am real curious what things would look like with MM calling the plays.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Any MM thread that doesn't begin with the fact that Jerry owes him somewhere between 10 and 18 million dollars if he fires him or not isnt worth debating.

He isnt eating that.

He can act as mad as he wants but McCarthy is at the very least starting next year as HC.

But all signs point to the wheels being off at some point next year. We've all seen the movie. There's absolutely no reason to think it'll end differently this time around.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Well we know who's ship it is but at the end of the day Mike McCarthy is the head coach of this team. He's embarrassing himself...
I agree that he is embarrassing himself, but for different reasons. He should never have taken the Cowboys job to serve as a Jerry's eunuch.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The way I understand it is all on the field things should run through the head coach hes pretty much the highest level of authority the players/other coaches should interact with

You would think so. But it hasn't been this way for a long time.

RS12

Reaction score
Not understanding why people feel MM was capable of helping. The QB has been in some version of this offense since Miss St.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Sounds like MM harbors a little resentment to being told KM was going to stay and run his offense, so he let KM sink or swim on his own.

Such a well-run organization. :rolleyes:

We have seen this before...bad things happend soon after and for the next 10 years..

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Might be a Jerry Jones decision.....Somehow, someway I think Jerry has used his influence as owner and gm to handcuff MM. Not that MM needs it..he could screw it up on his own....but I think JJ played a role in the entire meltdown in Dallas.... Lack of TP playing, not moving Collins to LG and other game day decisions. It all smells like a JJ decision....

JJ may have made that a condition of his employment... i.e. KM is the O coordinator... No questions allowed

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Either way we have problems.

If MM refused to help Kellen it's a problem.

If Jerry told MM to stay out of Kellens way it's a problem.

If MM was told that and didn't stand up to Jerry, but instead let the ship sink it's problem.
as you said, it points to some cultural problems in Cowboys organization that's been there for 26+ years now

conner01

Reaction score
My understanding it's not unusual for head coaches to give their coordinators complete control but if something not working, the buck stops with him. So this take by MM is a bit surprising.

When my job and reputation is on the line I’m probably gonna say to heck with what’s usual
I get a defensive minded coach leaving it solely on the OC but MM should have involved himself
It’s not like he’s taking over but I’d sure be involved

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Stuff like this is why I don't think MM is cut out for this job. Why are you letting your ship go down without trying to fix it? You're a offensive mind right? It goes back to his hiring of MIke Nolan...why would you let Mike Nolan ruin your first season? I just don't understand.
He knew he was lucky to get the job, probably his last opp and hired his buddy to get paid

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He let his Head Coach pick his DC and we promptly set historical records for awful on defense.

I have been around Dak and KM out socially. I can tell you they are very close.

I am starting to think MM is a goner, which is good.
is he taking Moore with him? or is Jerry going to let the inmates run the assylum, like he did in the past. that didn't turn out so good. relationships are not basis for building a football team and football philosophy

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe because KM wasn’t MM’s choice and he decided to let KM fail. That’s a serious miscalculation of Jerry’s commitment to his pet projects if that’s the case. But, hey, he has $30mm of Jerry’s money regardless.
if MM did, then not sure I would be upset with him...you bring in a coach. you let him make his decisions, if it doesn't work, then you hold him responsible. but you can't say I am going to bring you in, here is your OC and he reports to me and leave him alone. he did that with Wade/Garrett and see how that turned out.....

phildadon86

Reaction score
Teams with bigtime QBs don’t really care about running the ball so you’re probably right.

Dallas thinks their QB is bigtime and that’s why they don’t run.
LOL. Big time QBs? Really? The GOAT and Rodgers both lost this weekend. All Tom Brady did yesterday was PAD HIS PLAYOFF STATS IN GARBAGE TIME. Am i doing this right?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good example of why things haven't changed. Either the HC is in control of his staff or he's not and if not then why would you hire that person to be your HC?
To make the owner comfortable, that is what this is all about, Only a certain kind of HC can work for the Cowboys. He must serve at the pleasure of his owner.