Twitter: Broaddus: MM refused to help KM with postseason offense

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I totally agree! That Nolan hiring was a head scratcher and than this comment makes no sense unless you just don't care and your here for the money.
Yep...here because the checks clear and that's not someone we need at all.

We don't know the back story, it might be an arrangement imposed on him by Mr. Jones. He lobbied for Kellen Moore to stick around after Mike McCarthy was hired to give Dak some continuity. But we can already see friction in the ranks if Mike McCarthy feels he has no saying in the offensive game plan.
Doesn't matter WHY the reason is....it just backs up my claim he's not the right guy for this job. If he's not willing to stand up to Jerry then no he's not the guy for this team.

I mean damn even Garrett had the balls to take over playcalling if he had too......

Lutonio

Reaction score
If it’s true and not just a click bait story, it shows that both McCarthy and Moore need to be gone.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
:laugh:....First it was McCarthy lying to get the job...now it's McCarthy lying to keep his job.

You seriously can't make this stuff up.

There are so many hands in the cookie jar...Kellen might as well quit.
The entire culture is toxic....full of back stabbers.

jsb357

Reaction score
It all smells like a JJ decision....

winning not the goal...

Winning his way, the goal.

a few decades from now Dallas will stumble backwards into it's 6th Super Bowl win
and Jerry's grandkids will exclaim..

"Grandpa would be so proud of us because we did it his way"

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Sounds like MM harbors a little resentment to being told KM was going to stay and run his offense, so he let KM sink or swim on his own.

Such a well-run organization. :rolleyes:

Hey, don't you know Jerry got 3 SB wins? He's not the problem, what's wrong with you?

:rolleyes:

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stuff like this is why I don't think MM is cut out for this job. Why are you letting your ship go down without trying to fix it? You're a offensive mind right? It goes back to his hiring of MIke Nolan...why would you let Mike Nolan ruin your first season? I just don't understand.

Agreed. Once the postseason hits, you’d think any rational head coach would step in and, at minimum, make sure that his coordinators were installing game plans that he’d endorse. Ideally, the head coach would be giving lots of input, especially if the offense had already been having issues. Just makes no sense for him to say “nah Kellen, you got it”.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Seems like people have already taken this "quote" as gospel. Where is the link to the interview where Mike McCarthy says "I refused to help Kellen Moore?"

How dare you ask for real context. But I agree it would be interesting to see the whole conversation.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
winning not the goal...

Winning his way, the goal.

a few decades from now Dallas will stumble backwards into it's 6th Super Bowl win
and Jerry's grandkids will exclaim..

"Grandpa would be so proud of us because we did it his way"

That's what so many don't understand, it's not that Jerry doesn't desperately want another SB win, he does, only that unless it's a case of a "No Jimmy involved" SB win, it wouldn't "count" in Jerry's mind..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
How dare you ask for real context. But I agree it would be interesting to see the whole conversation.

As I'm sure you've noticed.. no one has come up with anything to lend any substance to this noise.. Until someone does, I'm not interested in this stupid conversation.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
One of the knocks on MM is he's lazy. It doesn't surprise me that he's a "not my job" kind of guy.

Yes, remember he said he spent his time after getting fired a GB "studying the game", then he later recanted that statement, meaning he had all the time and money and opportunity to actually do the studying, and he did not.

And not to make a blanket statement about overweight people, but looking at him you don't see somebody with a lot of evidence of dedication even to himself...

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I usually read the entire thread before I add my two cents but I don't have time for that right now so apologies if someone else already said this...

It made no sense to me that McCarthy would choose the inexperienced kid to run the offense in what might be his last stop as a HC. It did make sense to me that Jerry forced Moore on MM and it's not much of a stretch to believe that Moore had been given autonomy to do things his way by Jerry.

If that is true.... well this is what you get. Could MM even of had any influence on Moore and did Moore even want his help.

I hope that is not true but this is the world we live in as fans of the Cowboys.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agreed. Once the postseason hits, you’d think any rational head coach would step in and, at minimum, make sure that his coordinators were installing game plans that he’d endorse. Ideally, the head coach would be giving lots of input, especially if the offense had already been having issues. Just makes no sense for him to say “nah Kellen, you got it”.
RIGHT! I Mean if he's not doing that....what the hell do we have MM here for then?

bewp7

Reaction score
all go back to jerry even though mccarthy is lame also

force kellen on mccarthy even if he did maybe not want him

mccarthy know he probably just keep the seat warm for kellen since he is jerry new garrett chosen one since jerry is obsess with him finding the next great cowboys coach

it is all a mess and i bet there is more drama then people even know because of jerry

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
And some of ya'll still defend McCarthy?

It sounds like he don't want to help so if things fail he can put the blame somewhere else.
I agree but in some limiting fairness it is not his west coast offense in the first place. IMO he is letting JJ see first hand KM is not cut out to be an OC or HC. Fire them all! Cut Dak, Zeke, Tank, and Amari.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
You have an offensive HC , you would think he would offer advise to his OC to bounce around some ideas.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I agree. As much as MM publicly says he likes KM, behind close doors he is irritated that he didnt get to pick his own Offensive Coordinator. He held KM accountable as a result.
This is accurate but a more succinct and less sensational way (for Broaddus) to put that is Kellen Moore was handed the keys to the offense and they determined 2 years ago to let it ride as is.
And it produced beautifully until it didn't.

How they go forward is more important than weird "look at me" takes by media struggling for attention.

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
More proof that Jerry Jones once again picked an offensive coordinator for his Head Coach, instead of letting him bring in his own person.
At this point Jerry has picked the Offense and defense coordinators... MM is just running the operation side... i.e. Wade Phillips...