Twitter: Broaddus: MM refused to help KM with postseason offense

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Broaddus has a following that will spread his lies and thus poison the fanbase against MM. BB has always been anti-McCarthy. It's an old grudge that goes back to when he was a scout in GB. You can not trust a single word that BB has to utter about MM to be objective.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
McCarthy lied to Jerry during the interview process. That lets you know everything you need to know about McCarthy. He's not a stand up guy, completely. So apparently he doesn't like Moore, but refusing to help Moore is unforgivable. I've worked with people I didn't like in the past, but I was always there to help them. Because that's what the job demands and I'm going to keep it professional.

plymkr

Reaction score
My understanding it's not unusual for head coaches to give their coordinators complete control but if something not working, the buck stops with him. So this take by MM is a bit surprising.

What exactly does McCarthy do? To quote a famous movie,"So what is it you do exactly at Innertech"

Big_D

Reaction score
What’s funny is people will blame McCarthy and not Jerry. The one who pawned him off in the first place! Sounds like the Garrett hire all over again. And Jerry’s probably foaming at the mouth to make him the HC. Always a step ahead of the rest of the league.

CWR

Reaction score
Stuff like this is why I don't think MM is cut out for this job. Why are you letting your ship go down without trying to fix it? You're a offensive mind right? It goes back to his hiring of MIke Nolan...why would you let Mike Nolan ruin your first season? I just don't understand.

Yeah, I had given him the benefit of the doubt. Hearing stuff like this shows me he doesn't have the balls to do what is necessary. What a loser. Either that or he is too stupid to realize we were already falling apart.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Is there some context to this someplace? I believe there has got to be, else McCarthy has reduced himself to Wade Phillips levels circa 2007-2010.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
McCarthy lied to Jerry during the interview process. That lets you know everything you need to know about McCarthy. He's not a stand up guy, completely. So apparently he doesn't like Moore, but refusing to help Moore is unforgivable. I've worked with people I didn't like in the past, but I was always there to help them. Because that's what the job demands and I'm going to keep it professional.

There has been no independent corroboration of the whole "refused to help" narrative so I'd slow down on the condemnation of McCarthy.. I seriously doubt he's out there letting his team lose just so he could say "I told you so" to Jerry about Moore.. I mean that kind of thinking only occurs on the internet. McCarthy would have to know that if the team loses he is the one who is going to get blamed for it regardless. My take on it is that Moore has been running this offense for over a decade dating back to his time in Detroit with Linehan and McCarthy was just introduced to it last year.. As such, McCarthy kinda HAS to lean on Moore when it comes to "how it's supposed to work." I don't think he feels qualified yet to challenge specific components of the offense.. but he SHOULD step in and say "run the damn ball, Kellen" more than he does.. after which of course Kellen invariably sends in the delay handoff up the middle with the center not assigned to block the middle linebacker and the tight end assigned to block the backside DE... and then after the play gets blown up he looks back at McCarthy and says: "See the running game doesn't work! Now leave me the F alone.."

khiladi

Reaction score
Looks like Todd France and his agency are hard at work behind the scenes making more excuses and scapegoats for Dak sucking….

Dre11

Reaction score
Broaddus is leaving out a lot of context. He said he didn't want to inject his ideas because it was Kellen's offense, he said he remembers being a play caller and not wanting too many people idea clouding your thinking. But he did say they talked all the time and he would be apart of the game planning.
I remember many wanted Moore left alone.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
McCarthy is just XXXL Jason Garett or Husky size Garett, or family size Garett...well you guys get the idea. He's a proxy yes man for Jerry who wants to win a super bowl as long as no one but him gets credit.

morasp

Reaction score
Might be a Jerry Jones decision.....Somehow, someway I think Jerry has used his influence as owner and gm to handcuff MM. Not that MM needs it..he could screw it up on his own....but I think JJ played a role in the entire meltdown in Dallas.... Lack of TP playing, not moving Collins to LG and other game day decisions. It all smells like a JJ decision....
I think he told JG not to interfere with Moore's play calling, no reason to think it didn't carry over.

Havic

Reaction score
If he tanked the team by letting Kellen fail to 'show Jerry' that he should be allowed to pick his own OC, he needs to be gone yesterday. He needs to be a bigger man than that because he knew how Jerry was when he came here.

If there is truth to this then yes he needs to be gone.

loublue22

Reaction score
Just like Garrett, he stands by himself on the sideline during games, seemingly doing nothing. This just sort of confirms it.

Do any of the remaining coaches look like they're doing nothing during games?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Stuff like this is why I don't think MM is cut out for this job. Why are you letting your ship go down without trying to fix it? You're a offensive mind right? It goes back to his hiring of MIke Nolan...why would you let Mike Nolan ruin your first season? I just don't understand.

big Mike wants Philbin to be the OC.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
People should not take this at face value at all. Broaddus is not being honest with this at all. McCarthy said he is not going to interfere with his OC’s duties and design the offense for him, not that he is not going to help game plan, consult, and in general communicate and assist to help make the offense the best it can be. People who think McCarthy just peaced out and let Moore struggle without any input are just laughably gullible.

Dre11

Reaction score
People should not take this at face value at all. Broaddus is not being honest with this at all. McCarthy said he is not going to interfere with his OC’s duties and design the offense for him, not that he is not going to help game plan, consult, and in general communicate and assist to help make the offense the best it can be. People who think McCarthy just peaced out and let Moore struggle without any input are just laughably gullible.

6:20 Mike is asked this very question, they do talk offense

Dre11

Reaction score
Just like Garrett, he stands by himself on the sideline during games, seemingly doing nothing. This just sort of confirms it.

Do any of the remaining coaches look like they're doing nothing during games?

What do you 3ver see Belichek do most times but stand there. Doesn't mean they do nothing, you don't see the entire aideline all game, and they have headsets to talk to coaches during the game