Twitter: Broaddus: more wide open attack helps Dak more than pocket passer

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I like Dak and have never really talked bad about him until after Sunday. I’ve also said hopefully he improves but this has been going on too long to keep making coaching excuses, receiver excuses, TE excuses, last year it was Zeke’s absence excuses, the Atlanta game excuses, O line excuses, etc.

I’m sick of all the excuses, he needs to make the throws he should make, see wide open receivers, get rid of the ball quicker, etc. I’ve heard enough. What next, JG gets fired then Jerry decides to sign Dak to a big contract because he’ll try to give the same excuses a lot of people here do? What happens if a new coach comes and he still doesn’t get any better. That will eliminate the main excuse but I’m sure people will come up with even more.
So it's easier to quit and bash him just like the rest? Got it.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
I like Dak and have never really talked bad about him until after Sunday. I’ve also said hopefully he improves but this has been going on too long to keep making coaching excuses, receiver excuses, TE excuses, last year it was Zeke’s absence excuses, the Atlanta game excuses, O line excuses, etc.

I’m sick of all the excuses, he needs to make the throws he should make, see wide open receivers, get rid of the ball quicker, etc. I’ve heard enough. What next, JG gets fired then Jerry decides to sign Dak to a big contract because he’ll try to give the same excuses a lot of people here do? What happens if a new coach comes and he still doesn’t get any better. That will eliminate the main excuse but I’m sure people will come up with even more.

Amen brother

Aven8

Reaction score
People need to go watch Philly with Foles last year and Mahomes last week in KC. The spread is where the NFL is headed. I've stated this over and over throughout the years that it's no surprise we move the ball when we are in it. Play to the mans strengths already!!!!!!!!!!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
spread his butt over to the pines and let anybody who's not scared to throw the ball in the game. Pitiful Qb that has to run toward the receiver he's going to throw the ball to. LMAO..

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
If their strengths are limited to only things outside of the pocket, then they're just not going to be successful.

Just like Romo. He was never a pocket passer when he was young. He needed work. So you think their all probowlers when they start?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I watched him when he started. He was better outside the pocket and had a side arm delivery. Sure, he was better in the pocket than Dak but he eventually became better as the years went by.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Remember around 2008 to 2009 when they got it into Romo's mind that he needs to be more Brady like in the pocket, so he started doing it too (even though Brady had six inches on him to see over linemen), and that led to Romo doing that "step up in pocket" which lead to some massive hits which started his injury struggles. Before then he would roll out of the pocket and improvise, same thing Wilson does to this day and won a Super Bowl doing it.

I hate this staff. So bad.