Broaddus: No interest in Berry

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Can't help the club in the tub.

Heath does more damage to this team on the field. Has since he has been here. He's nothing more than a backup and special teams player but he starts for us and we have no desire to replace this spare.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
While I am not suggesting we bring in Berry, this logic of just adding young players has always amused me.
I'm super glad you're entertained.

Also, that's not what I said. I said build younger. Not - "Just adding young players"

_sturt_

Reaction score
Please tell that to @_sturt_ He's got it really bad for Berry. Really bad.

I've consistently said, it is an option worth pursuing (where did you get "got it really bad"?).

I've consistently said, I'm content with letting the crack medical staff give their opinion and going from there.

That's ALL I've said.

You assume too much.

That seems to be a pattern. As-is your desperation to claim superiority at every turn.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've consistently said, it is an option worth pursuing (where did you get "got it really bad"?).

I've consistently said, I'm content with letting the crack medical staff give their opinion and going from there.

That's ALL I've said.

You assume too much.

That seems to be a pattern. As-is your desperation to claim superiority at every turn.

giphy.gif

_sturt_

Reaction score
Dream?

Again. You just further prove the point.

A smart man once said, if you find yourself in a hole, quit digging.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm super glad you're entertained.

Also, that's not what I said. I said build younger. Not - "Just adding young players"

I guess I am a bit confused.

In a thread about not signing Berry, who would likely be just a short term addition/fix given his age and health, you applaud our lack of interest and talk about building with youth.

Why would signing Berry (or frankly any older vet) somehow hinder the overall build? Are there younger, better options out there at safety that you like?

Last edited:

Mr_437

Reaction score
Never was an option due to health n cost. When/If Geathers, Iloka and Phillips get signed elsewhere then we'll know it's draft or nothing at safety.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
So in a thread about not signing Berry, who would likely be just a short term addition/fix given his age and healthy, you applaud our lack of interest and talk about building with youth.

Why would signing Berry (or frankly any older vet) somehow hinder the build?

I disagree he would likely be a fix.
I'd rather put in players that have played more than 3 starts in 2 seasons. A 10 year vet would just slow younger guys down. In FA, I wouldn't sign any safety that has that many injury issues. One year contract or not.
Not to mention that very few aging players fully recover from an Achilles rupture and are productive.

2015-2016? Hell yes.

Reaction score
How would Bryan know? He is just a media guy.

As for media guys, he's pretty plugged in. I think he literally lives at the Star complex in Frisco. He's literally and figuratively close to the team. Doesn't mean he's right, but the only person who has linked us to Berry is Fisher, who's a complete buffoon.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
As for media guys, he's pretty plugged in. I think he literally lives at the Star complex in Frisco. He's literally and figuratively close to the team. Doesn't mean he's right, but the only person who has linked us to Berry is Fisher, who's a complete buffoon.
I probably listen to the guy every other day on one of his shows. He knows a lot about football but he clearly is not plugged into anything and he knows it. So my question to fans is if he knows he is out of the loop.....why dont you?

Sydla

Reaction score
I disagree he would likely be a fix.
I'd rather put in players that have played more than 3 starts in 2 seasons. A 10 year vet would just slow younger guys down. In FA, I wouldn't sign any safety that has that many injury issues. One year contract or not.
Not to mention that very few aging players fully recover from an Achilles rupture and are productive.

2015-2016? Hell yes.

And I get people not thinking he's a fix. Frankly, I am not sure he's worth it either.

But who exactly would Berry (or say any older S) be slowing down? I've never understood this notion of progress stopping that people mention here. Sure, you wouldn't sign a 10-year vet to play CB over Awuzie. That would be progress stopping. But we have Heath at one of the S positions. I am not really concerned with Jeff Heath's progress at this point in his career. He's just not a very good S.

Reaction score
I probably listen to the guy every other day on one of his shows. He knows a lot about football but he clearly is not plugged into anything and he knows it. So my question to fans is if he knows he is out of the loop.....why dont you?

My point is that I would listen to him over a hack like Fisher, who just spreads click bait for his pay wall site, any day. Fisher is literally the only person who has linked us to Berry.