News: Broaddus on short-term deal for Dak Prescott: 'I think there's something to it'

Jipper

Reaction score
Daks head is getting a little to big for his ankle

hes starting to look like a bobble head doll....I wonder if he realizes how much this fan base would embrace him if he did a 5 year 35 million dollar deal.

yea there are still going to be people that see that as overpayment but I’d say the majority would feel good with him around that price point.

man I hope jerry doesn’t cave and give him a stupid 40m plus contract

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
hes starting to look like a bobble head doll....I wonder if he realizes how much this fan base would embrace him if he did a 5 year 35 million dollar deal.

yea there are still going to be people that see that as overpayment but I’d say the majority would feel good with him around that price point.

Jerry always caves. Thought they had changed their ways but dez, Zeke, tank are all proof

csirl

Reaction score
Link blocked so can read it. But I assume this is a 2 year deal? I mentioned on another thread a while back - that JJ might offer Dak a 2 year deal. This is mainly to save the impact of the tag, and in true JJ form he pays on sentiment.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The former Jets General Manager is clueless when talking about the Cowboys. If Dak plays on the tag next season anything can happen. If Dak has a Mahomes type season is 50 million tag really not an option? What if Dak is injured again? If he becomes injured goods he will never get the 100 million in guarantees the Joneses have offered from any team. What if Dak leads us to 8-8 again? Do the Cowboys want to be stuck with paying Dak 40+ million a season for 8-8? The biggest question for Dak is does he want to risk playing another season without a long term contract. I would not take a step on the field without long term deal in hand if I was Prescott.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if they tag dak there will be no free agency only the draft it will hamstring the team and will lead to another 8 and 8 or 7 and 9 type season and if i am dak i am not stepping on the field without a long term deal

ESisback

Reaction score

35 for 5? Add endorsements in a tax free Texas, and that would approach 200 million to play QB for America’s Team. I’d crap my pants over ONE million. Cap friendly numbers will enable a support system for Dak and the Cowboys to be successful. This market value CRAP is player ego and agent greed.

At this point, I don’t care. Make a choice, then live with it!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
35 for 5? Add endorsements in a tax free Texas, and that would approach 200 million to play QB for America’s Team. I’d crap my pants over ONE million. Cap friendly numbers will enable a support system for Dak and the Cowboys to be successful. This market value CRAP is player ego and agent greed.

At this point, I don’t care. Make a choice, then live with it!
I think the players union is involved as well. I bet the union is pushing Dak after that report that the Cowboys are one of the cheapest teams.

Gaede

Reaction score
I may just be a simple man, but ***. We don't want to pay this guy what he's worth, but we want him locked up long term. So let's do the opposite of those two things? Pay him what we don't want to pay and only for the short term?! So in two years, we will be right back in this exact scenario?

blueblood70

Reaction score
two guys who have no idea simply throwing things against the wall
better then 400 doing the same from an internet forum, does your keyboard have magical powers?? you know more , have better ideas, did you pitch this to the media and get job?

its what we are all doing in this 3 year running drama with daks deal..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I don't anticipate that the Cowboys will be willing to commit themselves to a contract of any kind until they're reasonably sure Dak's health and conditioning looks extremely promising. Any other manner of a contract situation is highly unlikely to appeal to the Dallas front office, imho. Entering into a contract involving millions monetarily should realistically be taken with conditions that favor both parties equally. That's virtually impossible without Dak's health being completely stabilized. I expect the contract bargaining could continue on until well past March 9th and perhaps even into July. In any event, we probably won't know what to expect until such time as a contract agreement is consummated.

Last edited: