Twitter: Broaddus: Romo did not help Dak

Blake

Reaction score
Manning would be in a crypt if he took the beating Romo took from 2010-2013
I get that some of it was him trying to extend plays so often.
Dude played with punctured lungs and broken ribs and many other things.
You'd be curled up in a corner in a fetal position sucking your thumb in those situations:laugh:

He certainly wasn't the China doll you describe.
His dad was a military boxer and trained him early and often...bet he'd whip your butt and not bat an eye:lmao::dance:

As for Parcells...he loved Romo and still does. Takes credit for him every chance he gets. He just prodded him to get the best out of him, as good coaches can do to players who can take it.

I was Marine too, fyi... I can probably spot the weak one's easier than you, and Romo didn't cut it.

Go on with your butt hurt diatribe though. It''s amusing.

Sounds like you need a refresher in reality.Parcells literally calls Romo frail to his face. He foresaw an injury ridden career. Too bad Romo never took the advice of the coach, and learned to throw the ball away.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
I was Marine too, fyi... I can probably spot the weak one's easier than you, and Romo didn't cut it.

Go on with your butt hurt diatribe though. It''s amusing.

Sounds like you need a refresher in reality.Parcells literally calls Romo frail to his face. He foresaw an injury ridden career. Too bad Romo never took the advice of the coach, and learned to throw the ball away.

You’re wrong about both Romo and Parcell’s Blake. Have seen MANY interviews where he brags on Romo
Old news now though...dude is long gone

Btw, thank you for your service

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tony you check our site? Lol some of you all take this Romo garbage entirely too serious. Have a beer , roll a doob

Tony don’t give a crap what we think
Checked back into the site and am currently having a beer and fish tacos
Salud

Blake

Reaction score
You’re wrong about both Romo and Parcell’s Blake. Have seen MANY interviews where he brags on Romo
Old news now though...dude is long gone

Btw, thank you for your service

Fair enough. I respect where you're coming from and will try to cut back on the anti-Romo rhetoric because I can appreciate the affection some here have towards him. He wasn't without his flaws though, and I think that needs to be acknowledged by those who have enshrined him in their minds.

I was a child during the Aikman years, so any QB that doesn't approach his level of success is good as dead in my eyes after they're gone. I was very supportive of Romo up until the point he couldn't stay healthy and Dak stepped in. Then I put the retrospect goggles on and haven't taken them off. It'll be the same with Dak if he doesn't achieve. I hope to see huge improvement from him this year. I was on the fence with Dak last year until we picked up Amari Cooper and he stepped up his game. Now I'm all in until he proves otherwise.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This type of aloofness is why Romo lost the locker room. How do you expect Garrett to give him his starting role back if he wasn't around at all for that '16 season?

Romo wasn't obligated to help Dak. Players play, coaches coach. Get over it.