Twitter: Broaddus: Romo did not help Dak

erod

Reaction score
If you knew anything about the rigours of professional scouting you would too.
Broaddus like other scouts aged out of the league.... it's the natural cycle of business...guys like Garrett Senior are anamolies.
No, guys his age worth a crap get personnel director or GM jobs. He didn't make the cut.

rags747

Reaction score
All the typical haters have chimed in, all the same usual suspects that always have their agenda. At the end of the day who really cares about their butt hurt, clearly the same loser class that are still crying THREE YEARS LATER.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did meet him at The Star in that exclusive private country club lounge thing the one random time I was there (the marketing group and Vegas Raiders were hosting my brother and I got to tag along, get on the field, meet Jerry, Staubach in that underground crazy baller club thing under the stadium and was even in a Cowboys suite for that Saints game). It actually annoyed me to see Mickey there, lol. He's at least a nice guy with access. I think he means on the day to day in that tweet

I do recall a fairly well known clip and even Dak has spoken about it where I think the Cowboys were successful on same play/setup and Tony took him aside and said something like, hey they are know going to look for that, this D coordinator is going to do X, Y or Z so be prepared and here's how you can react...and it worked.

As others have said - he was working on his back, not in meeting rooms. That injury is no joke.

Oh he's just trying to stir things up with some click bait. Its how folks who used to be somebody stay in the spotlight these days.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
1510707637-FBN--Injured-Stars.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Tony Romo did nothing to help Prescott....(Sarcasm) :popcorn:
This is the nonsense that Broaddus is talking about.
You are the sheep that the lies are referring to.

Well done, you're doing terrific.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Right. I don't blame Romo at all. I want my job back why would I help the young dude who's standing in my way to get my job back? He saw Dak as a threat. He lost the locker room probably in part of it. But yeah these Romosexuals kill me......they did the same thing with Jason Hatcher lol.
It's pathetic and it's the same fans who can't let go. And, can't give Prescott any credit. A professional scout doesn't know more than they do in their little minds.
But here's the thing, unless you're willing to accept truth, you will just keep buying into the BS. I've been behind their bench and I saw for myself how Romo isolated himself the vast majority of the time. Now we have fans here posting a picture or a orchestrated speech to "prove" Romo was Prescott's savior.
But anyone who has any clue knows Sanchez was the real mentor. And there's nothing wrong with that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's pathetic and it's the same fans who can't let go. And, can't give Prescott any credit. A professional scout doesn't know more than they do in their little minds.
But here's the thing, unless you're willing to accept truth, you will just keep buying into the BS. I've been behind their bench and I saw for myself how Romo isolated himself the vast majority of the time. Now we have fans here posting a picture or a orchestrated speech to "prove" Romo was Prescott's savior.
But anyone who has any clue knows Sanchez was the real mentor. And there's nothing wrong with that.
Right even on TV which is a bad gauge but they would rarely be seen on camera together. People thought because he had a headset on he was teaching Dak.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Right even on TV which is a bad gauge but they would rarely be seen on camera together. People thought because he had a headset on he was teaching Dak.
Well, there's a lot more that can be taught at training camp and practice throughout the season and he wasn't present.
I don't expect him to be, to be honest. It's really not that out of the ordinary. But, to suggest he was coaching anyone up is a farce and should be labeled as such.

It's strange. Romo took some awfully heavy fire during his career. And the vast majority was dumb stuff like how he wore his hat. Now, his somehow elevated to HOF status to some.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Yet people on here and elsewhere constantly say stuff like "Romo was really responsible for the offense in 2016 as he was telling Dak what to do!"

My question for those people are and will always be: then what the hell happened to Romo in 2015? Did he lose his ability to speak or did he lose his headset in 2015?

Why couldn't Romo do for...Brandon Weeden (a far more "talented" QB than Dak could ever dream to be) what he supposedly did for a "talentless, barely functional 4th round rookie?"

Because the truth of the matter is that Romo had nothing to do with any of Prescott's success. Prescott has everything to do with Prescott's success with some credit to Sanchez I am sure.

LittleD

Reaction score

Well, if he was, no wonder Dak sucks! But, I will agree that Dak's passes look a lot like Sanchez's did. Romo, Just like Brady, doesn't owe other players anything.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
The two men in this conversation being Dak and Tony have never said a negative word about one another, the way men are suppose to. Everything outside of that is nothing more than gossip and hearsay better suited for the girls jr. high bathroom.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well, there's a lot more that can be taught at training camp and practice throughout the season and he wasn't present.
I don't expect him to be, to be honest. It's really not that out of the ordinary. But, to suggest he was coaching anyone up is a farce and should be labeled as such.

It's strange. Romo took some awfully heavy fire during his career. And the vast majority was dumb stuff like how he wore his hat. Now, his somehow elevated to HOF status to some.
Yeah that is odd to me. Now the narrative is he didn’t have any help. Which is bogus to me he had Sean Payton and Parcells as teachers.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The two men in this conversation being Dak and Tony have never said a negative word about one another, the way men are suppose to. Everything outside of that is nothing more than gossip and hearsay better suited for the girls jr. high bathroom.
It’s gossip if it comes from people on a message board but if it’s coming from people actually around the situation there’s probably some truth to it. Dak and Romo are professionals. There’s no reason for them to speak on this stuff. We will have to wait until Dak is retired to know the truth probably.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah that is odd to me. Now the narrative is he didn’t have any help. Which is bogus to me he had Sean Payton and Parcells as teachers.
It's an excuse. There were good enough teams. Take 2006, the 1st year he started. Who's fault was that in the post season?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Broaddus, is lying Romo was always on the sidelines helping Dak, what an idiot.
You do know that 3 hours on Sunday is the least amount of preparation that goes on. If you haven’t been prepared before then you’re screwed. I love #9 but it’s obvious he just showed up for the games.

starfan1

Reaction score
14 years > 3 years
true dat and Romo was a better passer and understanding how to read defenses only. in terms of athleticism and holding up to the riggers of the NFL and being a dual threat he isn't better in fact if you aren't on the field to help your team which was the case late in his career and the prognosis moving forward by many what good are you?