Broaddus: Trade Rumor

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
This morning on the fan Broaddus said a "Prominent" team has contacted the Cowboys and inquired about their depth at CB. They are intrigued by Claiborne and Patmon. He wouldn't disclose who the team was but im guessing it might be the patriots . They really need help at CB. Problem is they(Pats) don't have much at RB.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This morning on the fan Broaddus said a "Prominent" team has contacted the Cowboys and inquired about their depth at CB. They are intrigued by Claiborne and Patmon. He wouldn't disclose who the team was but im guessing it might be the patriots . They really need help at CB. Problem is they don't have much at RB.

I'm sure not interested in trading valuable depth for future draft picks. That's not what a championship contender does. If anything, we trade future picks to other teams to put us over the hump!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This morning on the fan Broaddus said a "Prominent" team has contacted the Cowboys and inquired about their depth at CB. They are intrigued by Claiborne and Patmon. He wouldn't disclose who the team was but im guessing it might be the patriots . They really need help at CB. Problem is they don't have much at RB.

They got Blount, White, and Gray..

Pass, pass, and pass.

windjc

Reaction score
Right now we seem to have A LOT of depth at CB. Of course, we have to wait to see if it translates into games, but look at our lineup:

Carr - veteran
Scandrick - veteran
Jones - 1st round pick
Claiborne - looking as good (in camp) as he has ever looked
Patmon - looking stronger in camp after surprising UDFA rookie season
White - getting strong feedback in camp

I do not know if you can make a case for Dallas having ELITE top end CB talent. But our # 5 and #6 cornerback maybe the strongest 5 and 6 in the league.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If we are talking about trading our 5th or 6th CB and the coaches feel it's close between the two players(Claiborne and Patmon), I'd trade them for a draft pick. We aren't keeping 6 CB's.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I am not going to slam Caiborne, but if someone is offering a draft pick, we should probably take it. I hope he does turn it completely around, but either way I can't see us keeping him after this season.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Beat me to it. If we can get more than a bag of beans for Mo I take it and run