Broaddus: Trysten Hill played poorly

DCBlueStar

Reaction score
giphy.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score
jeez
They drafted two second round projects in back to back drafts. Too young, not strong enough to handle the trenches, not ready for the NFL game.
im sorry but Cwill is not a project, hes truly working his way to being better for sure but no way you can compare the two, Cwill been starting since day 1 and although has had flaws and few bad games, hes not a project..

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Juan Thornhill vs Trysten Hill

Thornhill - 7 games, 7 starts, 477 snaps or 93% of snap counts
Hill - 4 games, 0 starts, 85 snaps or 19% of snap counts

Thornhill vs Xavier Woods and Jeff Heath

Thornhill - targeted 8 times, 3 completions in 477 snaps played
Heath - targeted 28 times, 21 completions (not a typ-o) in 436 snaps played
Woods - targeted 23 times, 16 completions in 382 snaps played

we messed up.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time stamped. Says he's simply not strong enough right now. Dallas has to get another DT asap.

On that play both DTs were lined up as 3-techs.

That is a pass defense formation.

That formation will give up some yards if it is a run play.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
On that play both DTs were lined up as 3-techs.

That is a pass defense formation.

That formation will give up some yards if it is a run play.

Well, if that is a pass defense formation, then I would expect the DL to be rushing the passer. Only Hyder was upfield. The other 3 DL (Jackson, Hill, and Woods) were not even trying to rush the passer, none were shooting any gaps. They looked to be reacting to the OL run blocking and getting blown off the LOS with double teams.

Like I said, I have no idea what the front 7 Cowboys were supposed to do on that play. At least bring a LB up to fake a blitz and then back off or something. Make the QB and OL think. Now I don't know what the score was or the down and distance was for that play. It could be some sort of prevent if the Cowboys were up big.

Silly

Reaction score
They have to do something if they are serious about winning this year. We face Saquon and Cook right after the bye and those are two must-win games. If OC's really catch on to this weakness, they will audible into a run every time Hill is on the field.

Unless Rogers gets hurt, dallas is doing nothing in the playoffs this season.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Both DT were comboed/doubled. Neither used the correct technique to sit down on them.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I don’t really like that heading....”played poorly” suggests he plays better. No he doesn’t...this is it for right now. He’s really a PS player on our roster. That’s how I view him. Stupid stupid pick given situation Dallas has. Weak d-line...so let’s take a weak DT to weaken it more,and sign try hard guys to cover for it. That was the plan huh? Well,this can’t be the drafting plans for defense in future,or we’ll never get anywhere.

Praxit

Reaction score
I disagree with the Jurassic Marinelli name.

The velociraptors in Jurassic Park were shown having the ability to learn from their mistakes and adjust their behavior accordingly.

Same can’t be said of Marinelli.
..wait, I got a better one. How bout *******ic Marinelli? .....bwahahahaa...