Twitter: Broncos Poised to Make Cowboys' CB Byron Jones 'Top Target' in Free Agency

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You get Cooper has gone up against worse DBs and ghosted, right? Stop overrating him.

I've never seen Jones quit, nor have I ever seen him forced to the sideline in a clutch moment with some vague "injury" report.

Jones at full strength, can't hold a ghosted Cooper.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not so sure that the Cowboys are poised to allow that to happen.

I'll be far more likely to believe it if and when it happens.
I think they'll find a way to keep him.:thumbup:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That's my exact point. Jones is Nnamdi Asomugha 2.0

LOL dude, you're saying he's WORSE than scrubs? YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT lol

No wonder you're a Dak lover. You have zero knowledge when it comes to football. Stop talking about it. Stay in the off-topic zone.

ondaedg

Reaction score
If I had to play Mahomes and Tyreek twice a year I would make Byron a top target too.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I would put stafford up there with the 2nd tier or close to it. Romo esq I would say.

Love the Murray kid. But based on how some reacted to Dak's rookie year where he won rookie of the year, made the pro bowl, team went 13-3, and he was in the conversation for league MVP............there would be trolls on here calling him a backup and wanting to cut him. LOL

Thats how dumb it has been on here with Dak.

My list isn't an exact science so I'm not going to get put out with people who disagree. Besides, the quarterback evaluation is an every evolving process. For example, Lamar Jackson would very well become a franchise quarterback. Right now, I think he's elite, but I don't think he's a franchise quarterback because I don't think his style of play is sustainable. The jury is still out on Kyler Murray, but he's a young blood, which merely suggests his potential.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Definitely a tough QB to grade. He 100% benefits from incredible coaching and system that is designed 100% for him. He would probably still be riding the bench here in Dallas or floundering under Garrett.

Based on his first two years starting I think you have to put him just outside elite. One of the best years by a QB of all time. But like you, I want to see more than just a year or so from this Kid. I also feel like he will have a short run with this style of offense and it will catch up with them. The key for him will be how can develop into a true pocket passer that can also use his legs as a secondary option. And not just play action passing type stuff.

Your opinion sounds reasonable.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Couldn't disagree more!!!!! First of all, one season does not make any player elite. Tons of one year wonders. Cam was never elite.

Secondly, Lamar was exposed. He can't throw outside. There is no way a QB who can't make outside throws can be considered elite.

My evaluation is subject to change. Shrug.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No offense, but that certainly doesn't sound elite. I don't understand how someone who hasn't proven himself to be a franchise QB can be elite. IMO, franchise QB is a level or 3 below "elite".
I base it on what he did this year. He was definitely elite. But as I've said before, my evaluation is not set in stone. If the league catches up with him next year, and he has a sub-par season, he moves out of the elite category.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL dude, you're saying he's WORSE than scrubs? YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT lol

No wonder you're a Dak lover. You have zero knowledge when it comes to football. Stop talking about it. Stay in the off-topic zone.

I sound like you spouting nonsense about Dak and Zeke, hopefully, you can see how asinine all of your posts have been.

CoachD

Reaction score
I won't be disappointed when he leaves plus the Broncos are going to overpay for a guy that hasn't had a pick in over two years!