Twitter: Broncos Poised to Make Cowboys' CB Byron Jones 'Top Target' in Free Agency

kskboys

Reaction score
This board doesn’t like Byron Jones because he didn’t have 2 or 3 interceptions a season so they deem him not good because of that.

I’m sure Jordan Lewis will have those 2 or 3 INTs they are looking for when he’s getting targeted all game.
Maybe the polarizers.

Most that I've spoken to are fine w/ Byron, but don't think it's financially intelligent to pay him big money.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I like Byron...good player...better person...hate to lose him.
I was hopin' we'd sign both Dak and Coooooop then use the tag on Byron.
I'm not excited about some of the f/a CBs tho you never know who might get an unexpected release.
I do like some of the CBs in this draft...and Im not giving up on Awuzie or Lewis...I think they have bright futures.
Lsu's Kristian Fulton w/Awuzie and Lewis...I could live with that.

Qcard

Reaction score
Eerily similar to Champ Bailey situation. He left Commanders for Broncos and had a great career.
Jones is from UConn. Denver be a better fit. Plus Chris Harris is leaving Broncos.

I'd be happy if he returned

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I like Byron...good player...better person...hate to lose him.
I was hopin' we'd sign both Dak and Coooooop then use the tag on Byron.
I'm not excited about some of the f/a CBs tho you never know who might get an unexpected release.
I do like some of the CBs in this draft...and Im not giving up on Awuzie or Lewis...I think they have bright futures.
Lsu's Kristian Fulton w/Awuzie and Lewis...I could live with that.

Yea tagging Byron and then getting a corner early in the draft is the best case scenario imo.

Praxit

Reaction score
..meh, let the guy walk. He's just above avg at best. Reminds me of Carr and all the Hoopla. Then reality showed its face, and it was like,"huh?".

exciter

Reaction score
This is what happens when Jerry pays certain other players #1 overall league position top pay. There is no room to keep the Byron Joneses of the team.
Yup! When you pay you're top 10, quickly emerging top 5 QB and you're generational RB you have to bite the bullit and let the slightly above average DB with a whopping 2 ints in 5 seasons walk!

BigWillie

Reaction score
Eerily similar to Champ Bailey situation. He left Commanders for Broncos and had a great career.
Jones is from UConn. Denver be a better fit. Plus Chris Harris is leaving Broncos.

I'd be happy if he returned

Champ was an elite ballhawk before he left Washington. He had nearly 20 INTs in 5 years with the Commanders before moving on.

It wasn't as if Champ went to the Broncos and became the HOFer he ended up being. He was well on his way before ever switching squads.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I say let him go, if he signs a huge deal Dallas will get a 4th comp pick. They still have Lewis and Awuzie. I would strongly consider a sign and trade for a 2nd or 3rd. He’s the top rated FA cb.
Why would Denver give up picks when they can just sign his as a free agent?

cowboyed

Reaction score
This is what happens when Jerry pays certain other players #1 overall league position top pay. There is no room to keep the Byron Joneses of the team.

Every team faces its challenge keeping top players due to the NFL having instituted free agency and the salary cap in the 90s with the objective of making more teams competitive.

Here is the irony, the Cowboys are trying not to go compensation overboard with Dak. It will be interesting how this all plays out.

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
This board doesn’t like Byron Jones because he didn’t have 2 or 3 interceptions a season so they deem him not good because of that.

I’m sure Jordan Lewis will have those 2 or 3 INTs they are looking for when he’s getting targeted all game.
Actually he might. He wasnt allergic to the ball. I do think we need to keep Byron at all costs though. Losing him will be devastating unless we pick up a CB in the first round

glimmerman

Reaction score
3rd round comp pick, yeah I will take that. If they want him that bad to pay him that much for a 3rd.
We have Lewis and Awuzie still, sign Brown to a 2 year deal. Draft a CB.
I am ok with that. We all knew he was gonna be gone after we didn’t sign Cooper earlier. If we sign Cooper and Dak we can tag Jones and see how bad the broncos want him.