Broncos release QB Jeff Driskel

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I agree. Driskel may not be ideal but if you want a competition got to start looking under rocks, unless Dinucci is expected to push Gilbert Grape.

I'd rather look for UDFA options at this time. Small school QBs. Tony Romo taught us that you never know.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Garrett Gilbert...we're fine at QB2

I "liked," but I also won't be upset if Driskel could be added, releasing CRush. Driskel's a legit back-up in this league, imo, while I'm still less certain whether CRush is.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Anybody think the Cowboys should kick the tires on this guy? Potential backup QB?https://www.sports.cweb.com/football/nfl-broncos-release-qb-jeff-driskel-sign-tight-end.html
seriously..lmao so now ever backup released and destined for the DC , memory serves me right GG will get shot to be the backup ..

NO thats my answer you either upgrade using a bit more seasoned vet picked up off late roster cuts right be fore the season or you roll with GG none of these jags show any more then GG has..we have Nooch for the camp arm at this point..

NO
NO
NO

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'd rather look for UDFA options at this time. Small school QBs. Tony Romo taught us that you never know.
Nah

you either upgrade using a bit more seasoned vet picked up off late roster cuts right be fore the season or you roll with GG none of these jags show any more then GG has..

we have Nooch for the camp arm at this point..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Better than Prescott.

*****runs*******

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Anybody think the Cowboys should kick the tires on this guy? Potential backup QB?https://www.sports.cweb.com/football/nfl-broncos-release-qb-jeff-driskel-sign-tight-end.html

Why is it that every time a player is released somewhere there is someone here who thinks or asks if the Cowboys should either sign him or take a look at him. Like some other team's cast offs are better than what the Cowboys have. Just for the record in 4 years in the NFL he's been on four different teams. That's a lot of teams even for a backup QB. Good players don't bounce around like that. Give up trying to be a scout you're not very good at it.

LittleD

Reaction score
While Gilbert played admirably against Pittsburgh, I don't think I'm completely comfortable with him as our back up.

Lots of QBs can look competent for one game... Let's at least bring in someone to compete.

If Dak goes down, we are toast just like last year. Most teams are in the same boat. Our defense can't win games for sure.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree. Driskel may not be ideal but if you want a competition got to start looking under rocks, unless Dinucci is expected to push Gilbert Grape.
umm if we are worried about the 3rd QB needing to be used again ie Dak and GG go down this season, seasons over and all those used the tank word last season well why not Nooch to bring us the top 3 pick this place covets LOL

blueblood70

Reaction score
If Dak goes down, we are toast just like last year. Most teams are in the same boat. Our defense can't win games for sure.
defense cant ??

so you predict that before one snap?

Umm you know nothing how this season will unfold, agree losing dak is hit we then go grab true Vet to hold onto the season but if the 3rd qb is hat being discussed here, true no need let nooch finish off a top 3 pick for this coming season if that scenario goes down.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think we wait until training camp to see how Gilbert and Rush do. Then we likely sign a vet who is cut loose, like Nick Foles/Andy Dalton in CHI

I would imagine we might throw a 7th round pick for a.backup that is about to be cut that could have a run of people trying to sign him. Would be worth it.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Dinucci but if they liked him last year I don't see why they wouldn't this year.
I would tend to agree. But Dinucci is a relative unknown, Gilbert Grape is what he is, he has bounced around the league and never found a home for more than a season or so. I could be wrong but nothing I saw says he can do anything except catch a team by surprise that was prepping for Gilbert Arenas.

LittleD

Reaction score
defense cant ??

so you predict that before one snap?

Umm you know nothing how this season will unfold, agree losing dak is hit we then go grab true Vet to hold onto the season but if the 3rd qb is hat being discussed here, true no need let nooch finish off a top 3 pick for this coming season if that scenario goes down.

Did Quinn's defense work that well in Atlanta? Yep, that's what I thought.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Cowboys should keep going in that direction (ala signing Dalton to that role last off season).
Any backup qb we sign will mean Dak is out, which means no shot at any deep playoff run. Competent backups just get wins that ruin draft position.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm for bringing in more competition for the backup QB spot. I just don't think Driskel is it. The Broncos need all the QB help they can get. They cut him. Which is why I pass on Driskel.

Driskell went to the same high school as Blake Bortles.. Apparently Oviedo is good at producing big blond dudes with strong arms but can't play QB worth a damn.