Broncos release QB Jeff Driskel

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Says the guy who also claimed Dalton could give you Dak like performance..

Dak and Dalton will get similar results because neither guy is a difference making player.

I was right.. It’s been proven.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Well, I did hear that Dak likes bacon.
large_0d94a95f-4514-4ff9-9d3d-8fd99462eec6.JPG

Motorola

Reaction score
Any backup qb we sign will mean Dak is out, which means no shot at any deep playoff run. Competent backups just get wins that ruin draft position.
Hoping Prescott has a comeback similar to Brady. After suffering that season-ending injury in the first game way back in 2008, Brady returned the following year and has not missed a game due to injury since. That's a dozen seasons and counting. Another QB that is durable - Matt Ryan missed two games his second year - 2009 - and one in 2019. The other 11 seasons Ryan has started all 16 games.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Garrett Gilbert doesn't represent "fine" at the position but if its between him and Driskel I'd stick with Gilbert.

he looked pretty good for coming in mid season with one week to practice. I would have let him start the rest of the season.

Motorola

Reaction score
I "liked," but I also won't be upset if Driskel could be added, releasing CRush. Driskel's a legit back-up in this league, imo, while I'm still less certain whether CRush is.
Cooper Rush has been with the Cowboys since 2017. After spending 5 months with the Giants May - September 2020, NYG was waived, then picked up by Dallas a month later. I guess that brief hiatus set him back....both Dinucci and Gilbert got the nod to start games in Dalton's absence, despite his previous three years with the Cowboys.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
G squared, otherwise known as Garrett Gilbert is already on the roster as our backup QB and checks that box just fine. Why are folks trying to solve issues that are not a concern on this team? Do we not already have enough to concern ourselves about?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
he looked pretty good for coming in mid season with one week to practice. I would have let him start the rest of the season.
I mean but we have to be careful there because did he look pretty good or did he look pretty good for someone coming in mid season?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak and Dalton will get similar results because neither guy is a difference making player.

I was right.. It’s been proven.
Proven in a deranged mind perhaps.. No sane person watched the Cowboys with Dalton at the helm and thought "Gee that looks just like it did with Dak at the helm.. Let's move on from Dak and sign Andy."

Dalton guided the Cowboys to 4 losses of 17 or more points in 11 starts in 2020..
Prescott has guided the Cowboys to total of 5 losses of 17 or more points IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER!!! And none since 2018 against the Colts..

"Similar results!" LOL!!!!

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Proven in a deranged mind perhaps.. No sane person watched the Cowboys with Dalton at the helm and thought "Gee that looks just like it did with Dak at the helm.. Let's move on from Dak and sign Andy."

Dalton guided the Cowboys to 4 losses of 17 or more points in 11 starts in 2020..
Prescott has guided the Cowboys to total of 5 losses of 17 or more points IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER!!! And none since 2018 against the Colts..

"Similar results!" LOL!!!!

Dak is better.. Especially at the micro level.. On the Macro level they get the same results because at the end of the day their team carries them and they don’t carry their team because they just aren’t capable of it.

I mean.. Daks good for a 4th round player.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Guys, we are not fine at Backup QB. We aren't even kinda fine there, with what we have.

Believe what you want but don't say I didn't tell you so.

JMO