Twitter: Browns interested in WR Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Cooper for a 4th is robbery. I would rather keep him at his cap charge than give him up for that. If the Browns don't want to give up at least a 3rd, find somebody that does or just hold onto him. Or settle for the 4th so long as they throw in another pick or two in 2023.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Cooper for a 4th is robbery. I would rather keep him at his cap charge than give him up for that. If the Browns don't want to give up at least a 3rd, find somebody that does or just hold onto him. Or settle for the 4th so long as they throw in another pick or two in 2023.

Of course it is robbery.

But we are talking about one of the more inept front offices in the entire NFL in terms of handling trades and talent management.

For them to actually get a draft choice might be a minor miracle.

JustChip

Reaction score
Then you restructure and keep him. It's that simple
Agree. Business 101 is you don’t give an asset away except in extreme circumstances. Their cap situation isn’t extreme - they restructure to buy time to get a reasonable return. Of course, Coop has to be willing to restructure and that might be the issue.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The only way I can justify giving up Cooper for a 4th is if the Cowboys are thinking about trading two 4th round picks to move up for a higher pick. That's just conjecture at this point but it is a way to turn Cooper into a quality draft pick while getting out of his contract at the same time.

RonWashington

Reaction score

Cowboys want a 3rd. Browns want to give a 4th. There’s smoke here their local radio had Fisher on yesterday picking his brain.

I would think he could deliver a 3 at the very least. What are they doing with the Progressive insurance spokesmen at QB ? The drop off for Coop going from Dak to Mayfield is steep .

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Cowboys want a 3rd. Browns want to give a 4th. There’s smoke here their local radio had Fisher on yesterday picking his brain.

A 4th rounder for Coop?

I see Jerry is getting bent over yet again in a trade, just laughable how inept this front office is.

Reactions: CWR

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Every team that is trading away a star gets a premium pick.

Letting Cooper go for a 4th would be bad business. Should be a 2nd. A 3rd is fine.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I like Amari but I wouldn’t give up a 2nd round pick and pay him $20m per year.
Thank you!

This would be much easier if people would look at it from the opposite point of view.

How many people wanting a 2nd for Cooper would give one up for him with that contract?

His value is a 3rd due to no signing bonus. Thats it.

Adreme

Reaction score

Unlikely they do. He has an overpaid contract already so asking a team to give up draft capital to get an overpaid WR is a tall ask.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
What a clown organization. Sure ask for a 4th, while the Eagles would have gotten a 1st.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Only we offer 1st for WRs.
Oh at the time I understood it. Cooper was cheap and he was only 24 years old. I understood it. But the league is way more receiver heavy now and its been proven guys can just come right in and contribute out of the draft.

CWR

Reaction score
Give me a 2nd or kick rocks. I'd keep and restructure. Done and done.

CWR

Reaction score
Thank you!

This would be much easier if people would look at it from the opposite point of view.

How many people wanting a 2nd for Cooper would give one up for him with that contract?

His value is a 3rd due to no signing bonus. Thats it.

You don't think his new team will try to extend him a couple years and lower the cap hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.