1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Twitter: Browns TE David Njoku asks to be traded, should Cowboys be interested?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Cowboyny

Cowboyny Well-Known Member

1,680 Messages
    2,013 Likes Received
    I really think the front office wants to see what Jarwin can do with starter reps at the position. If he fails to make the next step, then next off-season would be more of the time to look for an upgrade.

Amarillofan82, Bullflop and Hadenough like this.
  2. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

6,527 Messages
    6,555 Likes Received
    Just some additional Info that might not have been posted.
    (RotoWire) Njoku is requesting a trade, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Analysis: Njoku and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, are hoping the Browns will trade their tight end before training camp begins. The 2017 first-round pick made some big plays during his first two seasons, but his consistency never came close to matching his athleticism, and he then missed 12 games in 2019. The Browns signed Austin Hooper in March, and while early reports suggested the team would keep both tight ends, it now appears Njoku has other plans. The Browns exercised his fifth-year option for 2021, which is guaranteed for injury only.

Amarillofan82, DCBoysfan and Bullflop like this.
  3. QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra Well-Known Member

10,624 Messages
    10,044 Likes Received
    I think Dallas is a fair place to get his value up.

Dreaded destinations- 49ers, Chiefs, Browns, Broncos, Raiders, Eagles, Bears, Vikes, Steelers, Packers, Saints, Bucs, Rams, Seahawks.

Situations completely devoid of talent that should be the most interested- Cardinals, Skins like you said, Bengals, Jets, Packers, and Pat's.

Situations with one promising player at the position but opportunity is there- Bill's with Knox, Mia with Gesicki, Titans with Jonnu, Chargers with Henry, Boys with Jarwin, Giants with Engram, Lions with Hock, Atlantha with Hurst, and Carolina with Thomas.

Then theres other situations which is odd like Ravens who have two talented player but most TE friendly system, and I'm not even going to try and figure out Houston.

Amarillofan82 and Mr_437 like this.
  4. ShortRound131

ShortRound131 Well-Known Member

14,818 Messages
    49,630 Likes Received
    Do it

jjktkk likes this.
  5. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

4,841 Messages
    4,031 Likes Received
    But who would be available come that time around next year ? what would the TE draft class or FA market
    look like, as for a significant TE ?
    Trading for one ? Who knows who would even be available on the trading block ?
    It's not there are always just falling off the tree.

6. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

4,841 Messages
    4,031 Likes Received
    Why would the Eagles be in that trade mix with already having both Zack Ertz and Dallas Gobert ?

:huh:

NotForLong and xwalker like this.
  7. Londonboy

Londonboy Well-Known Member

3,628 Messages
    8,183 Likes Received
    We have :
    2 1,000 Yd WR's returning and Lamb Our super shiny new Toy drafted with Our 1st rnd pick.
    An up and coming TE We just signed to a new deal.
    2 RB's who are capable receivers.
    Only one football and a somewhat soggy D.

I think We have more pressing needs.

8. QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra Well-Known Member

10,624 Messages
    10,044 Likes Received
    Did you not understand the post?

:huh:

They would be a horrible landing spot because of Ertz and Geodert being there, along with the rest of the teams that are listed in the "dreaded destinations".

I get misunderstanding, but why only single out the Eagles? Lol. The Bucs any better?

Amarillofan82 likes this.
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

48,245 Messages
    49,308 Likes Received
    David Njoku had 5 catches last season and has 93 total over 3 seasons.

Career:
    Njoku 93 catches, 1470 snaps played on offense (6.32%).

Jarwin 58 catches, 823 snaps played on offense (7.04%).

DCwarrior likes this.
  10. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

17,691 Messages
    21,593 Likes Received
    I'll be quite curious to see exactly what the Brown are asking in trade, assuming it's to be released, eventually. ;)

Seems to me that the Cowboys are likely to see what they have in house at this point, before committing to a TE.

I seriously have my doubts that Njoku is necessarily any better than Jarwin. There is also other talent to be tested.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  11. Cowboyny

Cowboyny Well-Known Member

1,680 Messages
    2,013 Likes Received
    In the early 2021 mocks, I have seen a few TE prospects in the first round. Not sure what the 2021 fa TE looks like. If I remember correctly that excellent TE class a few years ago will be playing on their 5 year options, it's possible a player like OJ Howard could become a fa.

12. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

29,787 Messages
    19,461 Likes Received
    100% they should be interested. But like always, its all about price and then its about what he wants to resign.

We need a TE that can both block well and catch passes well and he is definitely one of those guys.

13. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

29,787 Messages
    19,461 Likes Received
    A huge upgrade and he is a complete TE, which Jarwin is not. And when you have a team like the boys that loves to run the ball a complete TE is paramount.

14. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Well-Known Member

7,092 Messages
    14,290 Likes Received
  15. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Well-Known Member

7,092 Messages
    14,290 Likes Received
  16. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

6,527 Messages
    6,555 Likes Received
    Njoku has been on my top list as talented anomalies.
    Cant tell what rings his cow bell.
    29th overall pick by the Browns.
    So was it the Browns, or was it Njoku?
    That's the question that nobody can answer....yet

17. NorthwestDallas40

NorthwestDallas40 rpatricc

6,018 Messages
    8,732 Likes Received
    He can’t block. How does he see the field this year when we will be going 3 wide most of the time and 1 TE (Jarwin)?

Londonboy and Amarillofan82 like this.
  18. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

6,107 Messages
    7,677 Likes Received
    I mean I get it, but the browns are actually similarly constructed to us. Couple top flight wrs, an elite rb and a mercurial qb. So much as I’ve been a Njoku fan if he didn’t explode there, what can we really expect here and over jarwin for an asset and contract?

Amarillofan82 likes this.
  19. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

13,013 Messages
    6,360 Likes Received
    Year young than Howard. Slightly better in 2018 than Howard, but not nearly as good over their three years. I'd do it, but not sure what I'd give up...

20. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

4,952 Messages
    1,474 Likes Received
    Yahoo and ESPN claiming Cowboys interested lmao. Everybody who becomes available we want.