Browns Watson settles 20 lawsuits

eromeopolk

Reaction score

I'm real curious as tow hat the commish is gone do here..

If all those women settle like this, then it was a money grab and Watson should not be suspended for any games.

No criminal cases with the grand jury not indicting on any of the +20 claims, and 20 civil cases settled out of court is a joke. I would sue the NFL if it suspended me. Robert Kraft had his massages and nothing was done to suspend him.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No criminal cases with the grand jury not indicting on any of the +20 claims, and 20 civil cases settled out of court is a joke. I would sue the NFL if it suspended me. Robert Kraft had his massages and nothing was done to suspend him.

I don't know if the grand jury examined all 20+ claims.
And you could sue, but you likely wouldn't win. The league - including players and owners - gave these powers to Goodell.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I don't know if the grand jury examined all 20+ claims.
And you could sue, but you likely wouldn't win. The league - including players and owners - gave these powers to Goodell.

Correct you singed the NFLPA contract that literally has the clause in it.

conner01

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of the above except that probably 15 QB's could have won the Superbowl with that roster last season. For a start it wouldn't include Prescott - had he attempted the clutch no look pass on 3rd down in the 4th quarter he would have ended up throwing the ball to Jerry in the stands :lmao2:
Dak’s accuracy far exceeds stafford
They could have probably win with Jimmy G on that roster. Jimmy G was one dropped int from getting there and he’s not a great QB. That Rams roster has the best defensive player in the game and the hardest to cover WR in the game. They are loaded
I think if we just put jimmy in the ROH and fire Rowdy we’d be ready to roll lol

Swagger

Reaction score
Dak’s accuracy far exceeds stafford
They could have probably win with Jimmy G on that roster. Jimmy G was one dropped int from getting there and he’s not a great QB. That Rams roster has the best defensive player in the game and the hardest to cover WR in the game. They are loaded
I think if we just put jimmy in the ROH and fire Rowdy we’d be ready to roll lol
We will have to agree to disagree
Dak over Stafford...this place is a scream :laugh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I'm real curious as tow hat the commish is gone do here..

Poor guy. Have to feel sorry for the guy. Sad that Pro athletes like this are the target of money grubbing women trying to ruin his life for money.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think the initial ruling will be anything between 12 games to a full season. Perhaps it gets appealed down to 10-12. I can't see how the final number is anything less than 10.

Well what did he do wrong? I dont see anything that he did.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My guess:

24 months (of which 12 will be suspended). Appeal will go in reducing it to 12 games (with rest suspended)

Lets not forget that he already missed a full season for this nonsense.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If all those women settle like this, then it was a money grab and Watson should not be suspended for any games.

You're right. He should sue the NFL.
I'm sure that will work out.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Well what did he do wrong? I dont see anything that he did.
Only him and the wimmins know if he did wrong or not but I believe they were filing the cases claiming there was shall we say...no mutual consent of a happy ending that he did anyway

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It should be a 1 year suspension at a minimum IMO.

Think they will appeal and knock it down but the NFL can't bury this story.

I’m guessing the Browns predicted 1 year or less or they never would’ve paid him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Only him and the wimmins know if he did wrong or not but I believe they were filing the cases claiming there was shall we say...no mutual consent of a happy ending that he did anyway

Its hard to tell. Cant fault a guy for asking for one. I think some of them claimed he made them? Which is laughable. So some of them said he just did it himself in front of them?

Swagger

Reaction score
Thru there first 6 season which is Dak total
Comp pct
Stafford 59.13
Dak 66.6
Yes, Dak is more accurate
Mr box score. Cousins is more accurate than Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers based on box scores in recent years yet who would I prefer to throw into a tight window...gee let me think about that one:facepalm:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
https://nflcommunications.com/Documents/2018 Policies/2018 Personal Conduct Policy.pdf

NFL PERSONAL CONDUCT POLICY
League Policies for Players

"...Following review, the Commissioner, either directly or through a member of his staff, will communicate his decision to the player regarding any disciplinary action to be taken. Depending on the nature of the violation and the player’s record, discipline may be a fine, a suspension for a fixed or an indefinite period of time, a combination of the two, or banishment from the league with an opportunity to reapply...

With regard to violations of the Personal Conduct Policy that involve: (i) criminal assault or battery (felony); (ii) domestic violence, dating violence, child abuse and other forms of family violence; or (iii) sexual assault involving physical force or committed against someone incapable of giving consent, a first offense will subject the offender to a baseline suspension without pay of six games, with consideration given to any aggravating or mitigating factors. The presence of possible aggravating factors may warrant a longer suspension. Possible aggravating factors include, but are not limited to, a prior violation of the Personal Conduct Policy, similar misconduct before joining the NFL, violence involving a weapon, choking, repeated striking, or when an act is committed against a particularly vulnerable person, such as a child, a pregnant woman, or an elderly person, or where the act is committed in the presence of a child. A second offense will result in permanent banishment from the NFL. An individual who has been banished may petition for reinstatement after one year, but there is no presumption or assurance that the petition will be granted..."

Without question, Watson will get six games. The real question is how many more games will he miss?

As always, policy gives Goodell leeway in discipline enforcement. Another consideration is policy making a slight differentiation between criminal and non-criminal (i.e. civil) definitions.

Watson was hit with several dozen civil lawsuits. If-and-until Watson gets indicted for criminal charges (which failed last March), Goodell can justify his disciplinary actions as severe but 'fair'. That takes permanent banishment (subject to automatic appeal) off the table and rests 'fixed or indefinite period of time' squarely on top of it.

No public relations blitz can dismiss the large number of civil lawsuits. It is nothing Goodell can do about that. Any suspension less than one year will not be seen as 'severe enough'.

Two years or more will create even more attention since enough of the Browns fanbase will be publicly voicing their discontent with their quarterback situation remaining unresolved. Media coverage would re-ignite negatively, perhaps too strongly, and that is the LAST thing Goodell would want.

In my opinion, the disciplinary compromise will fall between one and two years. The league's black eye will have recovered by the Super Bowl. Cleveland's front office will have accurately projected how events would play out given the information they had obtained themselves. The only public 'outrage' will be directed at Goodell during the late April draft with the same moronic booing-and-hissing he has received for practically his entire tenure it seems (which only makes the owners want to make him even richer lol). Watson will return for OTA's. Then minicamp. Then first training camp. The NFL may schedule his 2023 team's first couple of games early Sundays. No primetime. No Thursdays. His first late game Sunday or primetime game will not be promo blitzed by the network broadcasting the game. And Watson will finally trot out under the big lights for the first time, probably without much public protest inside or outside the stadium.

Well. That is how I see it all playing out.
I agree with your post of 6 games suspension. The issue is there was no criminal assault or felony (no indictment), he has never had any prior violations, and no one involved had the inability not to give consent (no one said they were held by force as you usually get a massage naked in a lying down position). So 6 games with an appeal will probably happen.

Being in Houston TX, I remember Watson injury that may have started his need to have massage therapy...

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I believe the suspension will be ongoing and open to whatever # of games named. Unless all cases are settled, he still faces civil lawsuits. For all the talk about wanting his day in court to clear his name, looks like they’ve done all they can to make it go away, but it also looks like there will be a trial. Even a civil trial can result in jail time as we saw with OJ who was found not guilty in criminal court. I don’t expect Watson to play at all this year because of the ongoing cases. Clearly, Watson and the Browns never expected him to play this year either. That’s why, despite his record contract, he’s scheduled to make peanuts this year so that the suspensions costs him very little. The whole thing is so shady. I hope it all blows up on the Browns….they deserve it.

Silly

Reaction score
I hope the NFL doesn't make him do community service with the girl scout troop in Cleveland.