Brugler: Cowboys would have to trade 58, 2020 1st and another asset if they want Ed Oliver

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
58, a 2020 first and, say, Malik Collins? I would give that serious consideration.

Oliver is the closest thing to Donald since Donald. He’d do a ton for this defense. It’s made for a 3T just like him.

Last edited:

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
If we give up DLaw to get a DT then we're changing one problem for another. The magic happens when you can collapse a pocket and rush the flank.

2020 1st isn't a big deal since we'd be getting a 1st round pick this year that we dont have. Basically this is just kicking the Cooper trade ramifications down the road one year. Besides, this is going to be pick 32 anyways. :flagwave:

2019 2nd is hopefully going to be used on a DT anyways, might as well get a good one.

I wonder if "another asset" could be Jourdan Lewis. He's too talented to sit on a bench just because he isn't a scheme fit, let's get something for him.

I would trade 2020 1st, 2019 2nd, and Jourdan Lewis for "the new Aaron Donald".

RamziD

Reaction score
Give Miami #58, 2020 1st and 2nd if he gets to #13. Then give them our 2020 4th rounder for Quinn. MIA will own half our picks next year lol.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Define other asset.

I think Oliver would be worth an extra first pretty easily. Dude is a flat out beast.
Keep the picks and see if Simmons falls close to us. I like him more than Oliver. Yeah I’m crazy.

RamziD

Reaction score
Keep the picks and see if Simmons falls close to us. I like him more than Oliver. Yeah I’m crazy.

Why waste high picks on guys who are very serious risks to be disciplined by the NFL? Those players simply aren’t worth it anymore.

RS12

Reaction score
Im on board with this. I think Dexter Lawrence could fall a long way too.

DFWJC

Reaction score
What if he falls out of the top 15? Can DLaw and 2020 2nd do the trick. We keep 58 and 2020 1st.

Fwiw
It is basically where we would've picked without Cooper.
As I said earlier this offseason. Oliver or someone in that range is what we gave up in that trade.....pluse about 15-16 mil per year extra

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Fwiw
It is basically where we would've picked without Cooper.
As I said earlier this offseason. Oliver or someone in that range is what we gave up in that trade.....pluse about 15-16 mil per year extra

We may have Oliver, but then we'd still have Deonte Thompson starting at WR. It was a worthwhile trade IMO.

Last edited:

morasp

Reaction score
I wouldn't put it past them. There seems to be a greater sense of urgency this year. Jerry has publicly said as much:

Jerry Jones: This is my 30th year, I don’t have 30 more, I want a Super Bowl now
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 3, 2019, 3:12 PM EDT
GettyImages-1087941852.jpg

Getty Images
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is feeling a sense of urgency about getting back to the Super Bowl.

Jones bought the Cowboys in 1989, and they won the Super Bowl after the 1992, 1993 and 1995 seasons. After winning three so quickly, he didn’t think he’d have to wait a quarter century for his fourth, and he realizes time is no longer on his side.

“This is my 30th Combine, and I don’t have 30 more,” the 76-year-old Jones said. “There is absolutely nothing, short of the health and goodwill of the people I care about, there’s nothing that means more to me than if I could get a Super Bowl. Nothing.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-i-dont-have-30-more-i-want-a-super-bowl-now/

Reactions: BAT

DFWJC

Reaction score
We may have Oliver, but then we'd still have Deonte Thompson starting at WR. It was a worthwhile trade IMO.
I'm fine with Cooper, as long as we get him extended.
Renting him for 1.5 seasons at the cost of a fairly high 1st (assume it would've been 8-12 range) plus his salary would be a fail.
I assume he'll agree to stay here though after this year....up to him

Obviously, Thompson would not be starting this year regardless.
With the extra salary space and the pick, maybe
Oliver at DT
Tyrell Williams and Golden Tate and Gallup at WR..then draft onelater
Never know for sure

Last edited:

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
If we packaged together every pick we have in this draft it would be worth about 570 points. If we were to add next years 1st it would be valued at about 320 points(our slot in the 2nd), That is a total of 890 points. Pick 13 is worth 1150.

Oliver is not going to happen.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If we packaged together every pick we have in this draft it would be worth about 570 points. If we were to add next years 1st it would be valued at about 320 points(our slot in the 2nd), That is a total of 890 points. Pick 13 is worth 1150.

Oliver is not going to happen.
Oliver is not going to happen
But to be fair, he said picks plus a player, not just picks

JDSTAR

Reaction score
Not on the “trade Lawrence” boat at all, but wouldn’t trading him, our 2020 1st and a 2019 2nd for Oliver save us a bunch of cap space to resign everyone else?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not on the “trade Lawrence” boat at all, but wouldn’t trading him, our 2020 1st and a 2019 2nd for Oliver save us a bunch of cap space to resign everyone else?
They can trade the entire roster and all draft picks for a top 5 pick which would save a massive amount of cap space...

RS12

Reaction score
I wouldn't put it past them. There seems to be a greater sense of urgency this year. Jerry has publicly said as much:

Jerry Jones: This is my 30th year, I don’t have 30 more, I want a Super Bowl now
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 3, 2019, 3:12 PM EDT
GettyImages-1087941852.jpg

Getty Images
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is feeling a sense of urgency about getting back to the Super Bowl.

Jones bought the Cowboys in 1989, and they won the Super Bowl after the 1992, 1993 and 1995 seasons. After winning three so quickly, he didn’t think he’d have to wait a quarter century for his fourth, and he realizes time is no longer on his side.

“This is my 30th Combine, and I don’t have 30 more,” the 76-year-old Jones said. “There is absolutely nothing, short of the health and goodwill of the people I care about, there’s nothing that means more to me than if I could get a Super Bowl. Nothing.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-i-dont-have-30-more-i-want-a-super-bowl-now/
If he wanted to win so bad Garrett would have been gone years ago. More BS from a billionaire gas bag.