Brugler's 7 round mock for Cowboys

Kaiser

Reaction score
I'm waiting on Brugler's report to come out before digging deep in players, but I would be happy with this. Right now you have to think S, DT and RB are the top three positions they are targeting even if it doesn't fall this way.

blueblood70

Reaction score
is love there at 128? hes the only name on the list I recognize...lol

glimmerman

Reaction score
If a good OT falls to us then I wouldn’t be surprised if we grab him..

There BPA board will be different as the draft goes down...

erod

Reaction score
Don't see Thornhill dropping that far, but that would be great.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I gotta think they throw their new OC a bone in there somewhere other than RB.2.
If this was a more normal draft..

yes.

But you have to factor in they already addressed offense with the trade of the #1 for Cooper.

So defense has to be addressed.

It's not as fancy but has to be done now.

No more waiting.

If they can find a DL or even 2..

that would help losing Gregory and Irvin and the projected loss of Tank for at least part of the year.

Our secondary will survive for now as is.

I also expect a LBer to be drafted as we are thin with depth there especially if Lee goes lame again.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Would not mind this draft but I questioned taken Hill that high. I have read where he has an attitude problem and character concerns. The attitude can be adjusted by Maranelli, the character concerns I am not sure.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Would not mind this draft but I questioned taken Hill that high. I have read where he has an attitude problem and character concerns. The attitude can be adjusted by Maranelli, the character concerns I am not sure.
Marinelli sucks. And you can't believe anything you hear about players this time of year. A lot of people put out a little misinformation about players so they drop to them.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I gotta think they throw their new OC a bone in there somewhere other than RB.2.

I would think a tight end will be taken over one of the two DL. We actually have at least nine DL probable to make the roster (Lawrence, Quinn, Charlton, Armstrong, Woods, Crawford, Collins, Covington, Hyder), so two draft picks there puts us at 11. We could cut one of the DL, but the player we cut will probably be better than the player we keep at another spot.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
True. But where?

Qb, TE, WR, OL are all pretty well locked down lol
I agree the offense looks pretty much set. I think Moore is gonna want a gadget guy, but we have that too. Small school TE maybe if the Rico project is over? Built for the goal line.

I am in the camp with anyone who thinks we need DT, LB, S or CB. We have LB and CB contracts coming up. Not sure we can pay them all.

mcduff

Reaction score
I love this draft. All are big and/or fast.

A 10 year starting safety, a DT 1 and 3, a homerun threat/ Heisman candidate back up for Zeke, the second fastest LB (from pro day) and a 6’4” cb who runs low 4.3’s.
A healthy Devin Smith (4.42) and Cedrick Wilson (19 yds per catch) are your proxy 4/5 round wr’s. Except for OT and DE they checked all the boxes very well. I would put a bow on this and run.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I like doubling down on Dline, though hearing whispers Hill may go second. He is this year’s version of another Hill, BJ who ended up going to the Giants in the second. Trysten is a more explosive player and big men with production who can move like him don’t fall unless he is the jerk he is being reported as being.
Thornhill is about the best you can expect to get at 58. I prefer CGJ and Rapp but doubt they are around.
Bryce Love would be an amazing luxury, just don’t see Dallas doing it unless they firmly believe he is back in 2019.
Love this draft if it came through however.

RamziD

Reaction score
I’d rather a different S, but would be pretty happy with this draft.