Bryan Anger is quietly having an A+ season

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Was our single best player not named Parsons in the Saints victory. His number was called often and he kicked butt every single time.

The part he played in OT on Turkey Day should have saved the Raiders game.

Has been outstanding all season when his number has been called (which it has been more lately than earlier in the season). Not just done his job, but made it very difficult on the opponent, too.

I think we can safely put the "we should have kept Niswander, he did nothing wrong" argument to bed.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Was our single best player not named Parsons in the Saints victory. His number was called often and he kicked butt every single time.

Has been outstanding all season when his number has been called (which it has been more lately than earlier in the season). Not just done his job, but made it very difficult on the opponent, too.

I think we can safely put the "we should have kept Niswander, he did nothing wrong" argument to bed.

Got to give some credit to the coverage, too. Could be outkicking the coverage, but players like Goodwin and Joseph are getting down there and making plays.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Got to give some credit to the coverage, too. Could be outkicking the coverage, but players like Goodwin and Joseph are getting down there and making plays.
You have to love Bossman Fat, he didn't get the CB2 job due to injury and they didn't hand it to him after the injury, despite being a high 2nd round pick and likely 1st round talent minus the baggage. So instead of pouting on the sidelines like a Philly Eagle he becomes a special teams ace until he's ready to inherit that CB2 role. That's the COWBOYS way. :starspin:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You have to love Bossman Fat, he didn't get the CB2 job due to injury and they didn't hand it to him after the injury, despite being a high 2nd round pick and likely 1st round talent minus the baggage. So instead of pouting on the sidelines like a Philly Eagle he becomes a special teams ace until he's ready to inherit that CB2 role. That's the COWBOYS way. :starspin:

Noticed him getting down there fast against the Saints. I think he's getting better at it.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Football Outsiders ranks our punting unit 6th best in the NFL. Our kickoff return unit is 2nd. We're in the bottom half in the league in FG/XP and kickoffs, and we're 3rd-worst on punt returns. Overall, our special teams is up to 10th, and Anger's a big part of that. We're the only team in the top 10 in offense, defense and special teams.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
He will probably move the ball 3,000 yards for us this season.

cowboyed

Reaction score

I thought he kicked the football every single time? Let's just hope he never changes his last name to Sedate or else our field position throughout a game will become disastrous.

lukin2006

Reaction score
If your punter is your player of the year…then something went wrong with your season.

The MVP on offence is still Dak. He needs to play better…but running the ball better will go along ways to improve the pass attack.

Parson is the defensive mvp…

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
If your punter is your player of the year…then something went wrong with your season.

The MVP on offence is still Dak. He needs to play better…but running the ball better will go along ways to improve the pass attack.

Parson is the defensive mvp…
Not necessarily... it just means your team isn't built around your offense. There are more than 1 way to win a Super Bowl. The Ravens won two super bowls with elite special teams, elite defensive players and meh offense. With two different QBs that are far inferior to Prescott.

Cowboys currently have the #1 punter in the league and a return game that just housed one and has been getting big returns all season. We have a lot of talented guys (Pollard/Wilson/Diggs/Lamb) that can make it happen on ST. Lots of depth on the roster which translates into having a very good core special teams. It's not like the Justin March Lillard, Lucky Whitehead, Maher and Chris Jones years where we were near rock bottom in every ST category. We've flipped it around 180 degrees.

droopdog7

Reaction score
On a side note, a friend of mine pointed out the coolness of his name and suggested I buy his jersey.